British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gazc

Glasgow & David Bellego

Bspa will have some sort of system to sort this out I'm sure......dip doo magazoo, or one potato, two potato....it's only fair!!! :)

• Like 4

With regard to the take over at Ashfield and weather this included David or not I was under the impression that he was an asset of the BSPA ATM untill the decided to make a ruling . IMHO the BSPA hoped the Berwick dropped him before he rode the required amount of meetings allow him to go back to the Tigers and complete his meetings there meaning they wouldn't have to make a decision on his ownership , this another fudge by those who supposed to act in the sports best interests .

Wish I had your imgination, I could then twist everything to make it the fault of the BSPA. Why don't you blame the club who didn't race him in enough official fixtures to make him an assett?

Wish I had your imgination, I could then twist everything to make it the fault of the BSPA. Why don't you blame the club who didn't race him in enough official fixtures to make him an assett?

But they did. The rule was you had to do 12 meetings to be an asset, he did that (5 home, 3 away and 4 KOC) but that winter they changed the rules to riders had to achieve an average to become an asset. Thats fine to change the rules but it's totally unfair to retrospectively do so. Does that mean that all rules will not be used retrospectively? Whole can of worms.

the glasgow promotion discover a raw talent in david bellego, bring him over as a replacement for the injured christian henry and give him his chance at british speedway. turns out he is quite a find and luckily enough there were enough fixtures remaining to claim his as an asset, all of said fixtures he completed. BSPA confirm to glasgow that he is their asset. berwick kick up a fuss and claim hes their asset even though he hadn't turned a wheel for them yet. BSPA decide that their own rules don't count and a year later decide david is now a berwick asset. what i wonder is if glasgow hadn't brought david over in the first place, would berwick have? i highly doubt it. the BSPA are a bunch of twats.

• Like 2

the glasgow promotion discover a raw talent in david bellego, bring him over as a replacement for the injured christian henry and give him his chance at british speedway. turns out he is quite a find and luckily enough there were enough fixtures remaining to claim his as an asset, all of said fixtures he completed. BSPA confirm to glasgow that he is their asset. berwick kick up a fuss and claim hes their asset even though he hadn't turned a wheel for them yet. BSPA decide that their own rules don't count and a year later decide david is now a berwick asset. what i wonder is if glasgow hadn't brought david over in the first place, would berwick have? i highly doubt it. the BSPA are a bunch of twats.

Heather i suspect we have not heard the last off this from what i hear as SCB said a couple off posts up they have opened a can off worms here let' s see how they wriggle out off it pardon the pun.

• Like 1

Good to see you arnt bitter about it :)

Don't see any bitterness in her post just fact's good to see you so smug though ;)

• Like 1

i'm not bitter about bellego being confirmed as a berwick asset, it was quite obvious that would happen 9 months ago when the BSPA said they would re-evaluate the issue at the end of the season. so no suprises there. i'm just annoyed that the bspa continue to change the rules to suit themselves when the sport is struggling enough to bring in new supporters. if people read this kind of stuff they wouldn't bother their arse with the sport.

• Like 2

Just out of interest…..when did Berwick either, kick up a fuss, or claim he was there asset before he had turned a wheal for them?

Berwick always made it clear that their understanding was that he would become their asset once he had raced the required meetings…

• Like 2

Just out of interest…..when did Berwick either, kick up a fuss, or claim he was there asset before he had turned a wheal for them?

Berwick always made it clear that their understanding was that he would become their asset once he had raced the required meetings…

Yes you are correct that what was said at the time rightly or wrongly, why the BSPA had to wait was the contentious point for both clubs as they have now based there decision on a rider that rode in 2011 the required amount off meetings for a club and decided that the 2012 rules apply 9 months later.

Really for the life off me can i understand how they can continually get it wrong or make it up as they go along.

• Like 1