British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gazc

Glasgow & David Bellego

Hope glasgow demand a huge loan fee for campton and price him out a team place

Outraged when Glasgow signed Sweetman? These things happen….

Edited by wjm

A bit late, I fear! He's been already sold to Workington

where has that crack come from.

where has that crack come from.

Was he one you haven't mentioned?? :) Edited by Arson fire

Think the most annoying thing is if Glasgow hadn't took the risk on Bellego then Berwick would never even have looked at him. Even more annoying when he matched the criteria to be an asset

Along the same lines as Campton, Glasgow took a risk and brought him half way round. Leicester & Workington think they're favourites to sign him, if he was waiting on them taking a risk on him he'd still be waiting in Oz.

Your right but surely if Glasgow were so sure about Bellego they wouldve included him in last years team.

Was he one you haven't mentioned?? :)

He's certainly been mentioned! I think alot of Comets fans would like to see Mason riding for Workington.

Your right but surely if Glasgow were so sure about Bellego they wouldve included him in last years team.

The feedback from the Glasgow promotion was that Bellego had said he didn't want to base himself in the North and was looking for hefty travelling expenses that couldn't be accommodated.

Then out of nowhere he's apparently signed for Berwick and being spoken about as potential Berwick asset. Maybe it was Bellego that decided he didn't fancy Glasgow and if that's the case then ultimately he got his way and managed to ditch us totally.

The feedback from the Glasgow promotion was that Bellego had said he didn't want to base himself in the North and was looking for hefty travelling expenses that couldn't be accommodated.

Then out of nowhere he's apparently signed for Berwick and being spoken about as potential Berwick asset. Maybe it was Bellego that decided he didn't fancy Glasgow and if that's the case then ultimately he got his way and managed to ditch us totally.

Bellego was based in Berwick-upon-Tweed all year,and enjoyed himself thoroughly,what he,Glasgow,or Berwick thought I wouldnt know but one thing is clear,he is now a Berwick rider.Should,and its a very un-likely should,Berwick not run for 2013,Bellego could be a very attractive signing for someone.

I think, having read what you say, Bellego simply did not want to return to Glasgow for whatever reason? Seems he was extremely happy and popular in the Berwick area?

Paul perhaps you can elaborate what the 'mistake' was?

Under the rules of 2011 David rode the requisite number of meetings to become a Glasgow asset - fact. I dont see anywhere in the rules of that season (or any other in recent years) that says to be an asset you must be signed for the following year.

The mistake was being too soft and allowing the thing to drag on throughout the season . We should have never have gave in , Bellego rode the required number of meetings to be classed as a Tigers asset . When the BSPA said they were going to defer the thing till the end of the season we should have dug our heels in .

• Like 4

The mistake was being too soft and allowing the thing to drag on throughout the season . We should have never have gave in , Bellego rode the required number of meetings to be classed as a Tigers asset . When the BSPA said they were going to defer the thing till the end of the season we should have dug our heels in .

Totally agree the minute that Glasgow promotion allowed the BSPA defer it to the end of the season they allowed Berwick to sign him as an asset.

I think that they really need to take a look at the asset situation is worked out, its far to complicated and too be honest out of date.

Totally agree the minute that Glasgow promotion allowed the BSPA defer it to the end of the season they allowed Berwick to sign him as an asset.

I think that they really need to take a look at the asset situation is worked out, its far to complicated and too be honest out of date.

Sad thing is , these days there aren't too many sellable assets . If we cant seem to be able to sell Nick Morris , what chance has Berwick got getting anything for Bellego if the chose to sell him in the future .

Also if a rider states he doesn't want to ride for his parent club , like Grajczonek and Campton , then there isn't a lot the said parent club can do about it .

Heard on the grapevine today that Joe Screen has been released

can anybody confirm this or is it just rumour

Heard on the grapevine today that Joe Screen has been released

can anybody confirm this or is it just rumour

Dont know too much about it , but apparently Joe has put something on Twitter about having to find new employment after a shock phone call yesterday . Of course it might not be speedway related , but i would not be surprised if it were .

Sad thing is , these days there aren't too many sellable assets . If we cant seem to be able to sell Nick Morris , what chance has Berwick got getting anything for Bellego if the chose to sell him in the future .

Also if a rider states he doesn't want to ride for his parent club , like Grajczonek and Campton , then there isn't a lot the said parent club can do about it .

Transfers are exceptionally rare in speedway these days, the only recent ones that I can recall were Danny King and Craig Cook.

The only profit you will make on assets these days that don't ride for the club is rake in the loan fees, but I still think that the system is out of date and needs to be brought into line with other sports.

I don't think there was anything "apparently" about his signing. Of course, one scenario that fits is that the Glasgow Promotion wer talking more bollocks than the Rangers official who said "The VAT cheque? Oh aye, that's in the post".