British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
speedy bill

Buxton

This is the best news we have had since the 2012 Season ended. A big thanks to the Moss family and all others who have made The Hitmen come to the tapes in 2013!

I must make a point of getting there more often next season, you just couldent trust the weather last year, so glad if they run.

Definitely the most unique venue in speedway! Will be good to collect 7 points from them next season ;)

i attended buxton awards night and it was a pleasent evening even though my other half refused to dance one of the highlight was deans son who seemed to get the most interviews and photos than any one a rum one if ev er i saw one lovely kiddie it was sad to see dean retire but like he said everything comes to an end goood luck and thanks dean for the entertainment you gave us over the years its also a relieve to hear that we are running next year and from what richard said most of last years team will be back but speaking to jack it look like charles need some help if he agrees to come back so how about a riders fund or something to help all the team even if say we throw our loose change into a bucket at the entrance anyy way hears to next year

• Like 3

Seems like you have signed Tony Atkin for next year?

Bit of a clue in the photos on the Official site from Saturday night that Buxton have their first signing as Vog says.

tony goes well but charles is a must seems people think branford wont be back if that is the case we will need another big hitter how about perry i would love to see lewis kerr at buxton but i cant see that would gary irving fitt who knows but we need a heat leader

tony goes well but charles is a must seems people think branford wont be back if that is the case we will need another big hitter how about perry i would love to see lewis kerr at buxton but i cant see that would gary irving fitt who knows but we need a heat leader

If you have Charles and Tony, it won't leave much for a third heat leader.

Atkin + Wright = 16.28, so 23.72 for 5 riders.

Atkin + Branford = 15.29, so 24.71 for 5 riders.

Atkin, Wright and Branford = 23.82, leaving 16.12 for 4 riders.

Realistically, I could see a Buxton team of something like

1) Tony Atkin 7.75

2) Luke Priest 5.67

3) Adam McKinna 6.74

4) Gareth Isherwood 5.03

5) Rob Branford 7.54

6) Ryan Blacklock 3.51

7) Chris Widman 3.49

Total: 39.73

• Like 1

Great news that Buxton are running - they are the equivalant of the ravens at the Tower of London - if they withdrew from the National League, the whole edifice would come crashing down.

My favourite season in speedway was still the treble winning year of 2010 - such an amazing, well deserved success for everyone involved with the club.

Great news, always enjoy following the black cloud to Buxton! Great place with friendly folk, wish them best of luck in 2013... Just not quite as much luck as the Islanders lol

Wonderful news that Buxton will be back to start their 20th season. Team-wise, Tony is an excellent signing as he will offer more than his points with the advice that he offers to his team-mates. I hope Ryan is back as he is progressing nicely and I'd like to see Mikey Neale given the No 7 race jacket as he came on a lot by the end of the season.

• Like 1

Wonderful news that Buxton will be back to start their 20th season. Team-wise, Tony is an excellent signing as he will offer more than his points with the advice that he offers to his team-mates. I hope Ryan is back as he is progressing nicely and I'd like to see Mikey Neale given the No 7 race jacket as he came on a lot by the end of the season.

When I spoke with his Dad at the Buxton Presentation evening, he said that Michael was going to concentrate on his college studies next year in order to get into engineering but yes he had made significant strides at the end of the season and looked a very different rider to the one that started the season with Buxton.

• Like 1

Great to see Buxton back ,,lets hope the locals get behind their team and support the promotion the National league needs every club they can get if it is to continue in future seasons...