13. Andrij Karpov, Hans Andersen, Martin Vaculik, Emil Sayfutdinov

14. Krystian Pieszczek, Tai Woffinden, Tomasz Gollob, Ales Dryml

15. Jurica Pavlic, Nicki Pedersen, Roman Povazhny, Fredrik Lindgren

16. Kjastas Puodzuks, Maciej Janowski, Grigorij Laguta, Sebastian Ułamek

17. Emil Sayfutdinov, Tomasz Gollob, Sebastian Ułamek, Roman Povazhny

18. Kjastas Puodzuks, Krystian Pieszczek, Andrij Karpov, Jurica Pavlic

19. Nicki Pedersen, Hans Andersen, Tai Woffinden, Maciej Janowski

20. Fredrik Lindgren, Martin Vaculik, Ales Dryml, Grigorij Laguta

A pretty interesting line up for the series.

Greg Laguta has a chance to show why he should be in the GP and Karpov, Pavlic and Puodzuks are useful riders.

Plenty of top men in as well to make it a worthwhile rival to the SGP.

Hope it succeeds and becomes a regular fixture on Eurosport

PLEASE,PLEASE call this championship something else,we are just getting to the climax of the world championship and along comes this europeon championship,what the.....was the planning behind this? Why not call it rider invite competition,or super speedway4,anything that doesnt confuse!!!! :o:blink: people about championship speedway!!!!!

PLEASE,PLEASE call this championship something else,we are just getting to the climax of the world championship and along comes this europeon championship,what the.....was the planning behind this? Why not call it rider invite competition,or super speedway4,anything that doesnt confuse!!!! :o:blink: people about championship speedway!!!!!

To be fair to the competition the UEM(now FIM/Europe)has been around for years and so has the euro championships-previously very much a 2nd tier competition however ONE SPORT.PL have decided to re-vamp it-throw some decent prize money in the pot and all of a sudden top riders have become interested-something else to watch on 4 Saturday`s I suppose.The most interesting thing In all this is the hostility between BSI and One sport.Snippets have appeared in the polish press and this feud could run and run. Edited by racers and royals

I like to follow rallying as well. Main competitions are the World Rally Championship and the European Rally Championship. If only there was a way to differentiate between the two, maybe the names of the championships for instance....

To be fair to the competition the UEM(now FIM/Europe)has been around for years and so has the euro championships-previously very much a 2nd tier competition however ONE SPORT.PL have decided to re-vamp it-throw some decent prize money in the pot and all of a sudden top riders have become interested-something else to watch on 4 Saturday`s I suppose.The most interesting thing I all this is the hostility between BSI and One sport.Snippets have appeared in the polish press and this feud could run and run.

Interesting to see in the long run, who has the biggest balls (BSI or OneSport) with Eurosport??!!!

:blink::o Yeah World + European should be dumped and we get your suggestions insted.Not confusing????How do you cope with all those football competitions i wonder?How do football fans cope as they aren't as clever as speedway fans we are often told.My god :icon_smile_clown:

Lol i'm presuming you're posting tongue in cheek but others have mistakenly taken you seriously?

In case you are serious or anyone else shares the above view, i think most sports have world, european and national championships so don't see the problem.

The most interesting thing In all this is the hostility between BSI and One sport.Snippets have appeared in the polish press and this feud could run and run.

More than snippets quite a war starting up, including incidents in car parks! lol.

Edited by manchesterpaul

In case you are serious or anyone else shares the above view, i think most sports have world, european and national championships so don't see the problem.

Yes, but in speedway the World Championship(s) are predominantly held in Europe and predominantly comprised of European-based riders. What's more, the World Championships are hardly doing especially well, so it seems bizarre to create a parallel competition that's potentially competing for television and sponsorship money.

If the powers-that-be have a problem with BSI or want some competition, perhaps they shouldn't have handed them the rights for umpteen years.

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

FIM don't give a flying fig it seems as long as these companies are paying them money, we wondered what would happen if there was a rival to BSI, looks like we are now gonna see ............... I wonder if these two championships could end up like the two darts comps where some players never meet .............

• Like 1

FREE AVAILABLE as of NOW!

MiniMax DUAL GRID Racecard for the European Championship Final 1 of 4 Gdansk, Poland

Saturday, 27th, July, 2013. Local TIme 6:30pm, BST 5:30pm, UTC/GMT 4:30pm

DUAL GRID MiniMax Racecard 2013 European Championship Final 1 of 4 Gdansk, Poland

I'm providing the DUAL GRID MiniMAx racecard for this series*. For those who prefer the grid style format i've added many unique and useful formatting touches that fans expect and have become accustomed to with MiniMax designs. No need to go mentally adding up points just to see who is leading during a meeting. You have your race-by-race grid - which is as always with MiniMax clearly delineated round by round to assist in countback - and additionally all on the same line the ability to fill in a riders accumulative score race after race. This allows for a valuable instant glance to see the meeting standings after any and each heat.

Needless to say, the usual unique provision of pre-meeting and post-meeting SEC series standings are included. Of course the unique to MiniMax informative gates points and wins grid is present too.

*(I'll do my best to put out one of the other MiniMax formats too but i'm in the middle of two very busy weeks indeed, hopefully i can put one online before the weekend).

Edited by manchesterpaul

See the Speedway star have really gone to town on the preview for the finals in this weeks edition-conspiracy theorist`s might well think they have been got at by one of the warring factions to give this event as little publicity as possible.-no doubt the star will say it was all about lack of space !

It all kicks off on Eurosport live on Saturday night at 5.30 pm uk time.

Just a reminder that after the 20 heats-the top two go to the final direct and riders 3 to 6 in the final reckoning go in the race-off(heat 21)top 2 go into the final(race 22) points are NOT scored in race 21 but are in the final(3210).

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1