British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

European Championships 2013 - Rzeszow Final 4 Live On Eurosport

A few observations from Rzeszow. Went to the publicity event at Millenium Hall, they had the riders there, the start girls there, real opportunity to "sell" the event. So was surprised the organisers had no music, no microphones, no screen showing SEC races, no Q&A with the riders etc etc. All a bit underwhelming, the riders looked a bit bored, though they did sign autographs & pose for pics with fans. I just felt OneSport really missed a trick there. As for the meeting, not a classic, though always good to watch Grigory Laguta race live. Huge, fast track though not conducive to much passing. Have to agree with other posters about it dragging on, 3 n a half hours is too long - & believe me by 10pm over there it was bitterly cold too! Enjoyable night though, was quite amusing watching the locals give Pedersen plenty of stick, while cheering Laguta & Vaculik (despite the fact he races for their local rivals Tarnow) - proper panto villain Nicki is there! Feel the SEC has potential, need to strengthen their field. Maybe having the top 6 Euro SGP riders, 6 non GP riders (e.g both Laguta's, Holta, Karpov etc), then the top 3 from the U21's + local wildcard would be good. Don't know the practicalities of that, but it'd strengthen the field & be better for fans at the track/watching on TV.

Edited by mikec

A few observations from Rzeszow. Went to the publicity event at Millenium Hall, they had the riders there, the start girls there, real opportunity to "sell" the event. So was surprised the organisers had no music, no microphones, no screen showing SEC races, no Q&A with the riders etc etc. All a bit underwhelming, the riders looked a bit bored, though they did sign autographs & pose for pics with fans. I just felt OneSport really missed a trick there. As for the meeting, not a classic, though always good to watch Grigory Laguta race live. Huge, fast track though not conducive to much passing. Have to agree with other posters about it dragging on, 3 n a half hours is too long - & believe me by 10pm over there it was bitterly cold too! Enjoyable night though, was quite amusing watching the locals give Pedersen plenty of stick, while cheering Laguta & Vaculik (despite the fact he races for their local rivals Tarnow) - proper panto villain Nicki is there! Feel the SEC has potential, need to strengthen their field. Maybe having the top 6 Euro SGP riders, 6 non GP riders (e.g both Laguta's, Holta, Karpov etc), then the top 3 from the U21's + local wildcard would be good. Don't know the practicalities of that, but it'd strengthen the field & be better for fans at the track/watching on TV.

The start of your reply pretty much says what SGP has been doing for some time, though with sound. That sort of underlines the whole thing, it's a copypasted receipe. As to the latter part, then it's as close to a SGP as it can, without changing the name...

Emiil S and Andreas J have been announced as the first two wild cards for next season,

5 riders named for 2014 series

1. Martin Vaculik (Slovakia)

2. Nicki Pedersen (Denmark)

3. Grigorij Laguta (Russia)

4. Emil Sayfutdinov (Russia)

5. Andreas Jonsson (Sweden)

Two additional wildcards will be unveiled very soon.

Edited by racers and royals

Interesting to see the SEC organisers are asking fans to suggest possible venues for the 2014 SEC series. Suggestions can be made on Facebook or twitter using #SECvenue.

http://www.speedwayeuro.com/news/n/159/where-next-for-sec-.html

https://facebook.com/SpeedwayEuro

https://twitter.com/SpeedwayEuro

Edited by Noodles

I tweeted Kumla, Pardubice & Czestochowa as suggestions for decent race tracks they could take SEC to. Are SEC allowed to run a meet in GB?

I tweeted Kumla, Pardubice & Czestochowa as suggestions for decent race tracks they could take SEC to. Are SEC allowed to run a meet in GB?

Have the BSPA decided whether to recognise the competition in 2014?

Or will they pretend it doesn't exist?