British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

European Championships 2013 - Rzeszow Final 4 Live On Eurosport

This is an explanation...

http://translate.goo...lska-o-speedway

Very interesting! The next step will be that either the BSPA will prevent English riders riding for Polish clubs or quite simply the Polish clubs will not employ British riders. This is one "war" the BSPA is not going to win!

Bet the British riders involved will refuse to ride in the WTC this year as a protest of not being allowed to ride in this European Championship

And could you blame them?

This is an explanation...

http://translate.goo...lska-o-speedway

Have to say my initial thought was this was done out of spite for the failure of the International league.Seems i was only partly right.It is much bigger and more spiteful than that.Shame for British speedway yet again.head in the sand

Bellamy isn't bankrolling British speedway,so it is bad that they are letting themselves get involved in this fight.Of course just like we saw in Britian,the existing promoters don't take kindly to some new kid on the block coming in.Especially if they look like they might do a better job.But Bellamy's battle is probably with the FIM.And also the FIM should back the riders who want to compete in this and not let them get blackmailed

Edited by iris123

Bellamy isn't bankrolling British speedway,so it is bad that they are letting themselves get involved in this fight.

Well it could well come into competition with the SGP, in terms of taking sponsors and television money and competing for venues. I were paying 1.5 million per year (or whatever) to the FIM, I'm not sure I'd be very happy if they or one of their subsidiaries started licensing a similar competition.

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

Well it could well come into competition with the SGP, in terms of taking sponsors and television money and competing for venues. I were paying 1.5 million per year (or whatever) to the FIM, I'm not sure I'd be very happy if they or one of their subsidiaries started licensing a similar competition.

Which is what i said.Bellamy's problem is more with the FIM and he shouldn't be bringing others into it.Or others shouldn't allow themselves to be brought into it.No point just repeating what i have already said :P

Bit of a dilema for you..You are not too keen on Bellamy/BSI/IMG and probably for as long as i have been on the forum we have had many discussions where you are of the opinion that UEM(as they were) competitions are a pain in the butt and of little importance.Now someone has come in and is trying to give it more importance and professionalism

Edited by iris123

it of a dilema for you..You are not too keen on Bellamy/BSI/IMG and probably for as long as i have been on the forum we have had many discussions where you are of the opinion that UEM(as they were) competitions are a pain in the butt and of little importance.Now someone has come in and is trying to give it more importance and professionalism

Not really any dilemma at all. Whatever I think about BSI, I think it a complete nonsense to have a parallel European Championship to what is primarily a European-based GP series and I can quite understand BSI's annoyance at having a rival competition if they're paying for supposedly exclusive rights.

If BSI are considered not to be doing their job very well, then that's something the FIM should take up with them.

Not really any dilemma at all. Whatever I think about BSI, I think it a complete nonsense to have a parallel European Championship to what is primarily a European-based GP series and I can quite understand BSI's annoyance at having a rival competition if they're paying for supposedly exclusive rights.

If BSI are considered not to be doing their job very well, then that's something the FIM should take up with them.

Precisely.But now that the FIM have given the go-ahead for such a series they must get right behind it and not allow Federations to boycott or stop riders from entering.That will only lead to chaos and quite possibly grounds for break away series/Federations.And you will end up with international speedway being split.But we know Britain have a history of not entering such things.They now have lost a lot of the power they used to have in the sport and by such actions respect as well.Like it say's in the article you can't ask for federations to work together and then go and boycott something.

If BSI don't like the natural law of competition maybe they should sponsor the European Championship too lol. It is pretty disgusting that the English riders can't compete. I wish it every success but agree it's a bit iffy in that the SGP is mainly Euro-based. From a sporting view it would seem that a solution would be to have it open to all riders NOT in the SGP series, but that would of course be financial suicide without the headliners. I wish it every success but not sure if it will be and it certainly needs ticket prices to be nowhere near the level of the GP meetings.

Having seen the results, I'm sure that the top 3 or 4 Brits (excluding GP rider Woffinden) would have been competitive in this field and some of the younger riders (maybe not Harris or Nicholls) would have benefited from the experience.

820 euros to winner

280 euros to 16th place

That money includes travel, prize money hotels etc.

distance would be round trip from UK 2800 miles

licence for championship is 180 euros.

insurance for championships 120 euros

Just for reference guys.

Not very attractive i must say.But are you suggesting that Scott and any other British rider won't enter because of the money or are they not being allowed to enter because of the politics?

820 euros to winner

280 euros to 16th place

That money includes travel, prize money hotels etc.

distance would be round trip from UK 2800 miles

licence for championship is 180 euros.

insurance for championships 120 euros

Just for reference guys.

That is a crap deal, cant argue with that. But if you get in to the series, youre on tv and have a good opportunity to earn some money.

It also must be said that it needn't be such a long journey for the Brits.A meeting could have been held locally maybe.I know from one german club that they were complaining that the cost of getting a German U21 meeting from the DMSB was more expensive than an U21 meeting from the FIM !!!And you could get quite an attractive line-up and only have these small amounts to pay to the riders

Yes, perhaps for Britain (at the new Belle Vue?) one of the finals of this European Championship would be an attractive meeting to host in the future. It would be kind of a second Cardiff Grand Prix. Certainly a top meeting and a great attraction, with so many top riders (Nicki Pedersen, Gollob, Sayfutdinov, Jonsson) in it.

The BSPA / ACU does the sport no favour in boycotting the European championships. Every other European nation is in it, but Britain does not want to join the party.

The British riders and fans will have to watch it on the tv, the four finals of th e EC are all shown live on Europsport .

And then there is that Eurosport Best Pairs meeting inTorun, which has all the best speedway nations and riders in the world take part, and will be shown live on Eurosport, too. Britain was invited, along with Poland, Denmark, Australia, Russia and Sweden, but the ACU/BSPA are the only national federation who refuse to participate. It's a shame.

Think a lot of the 2 reports over the weekend are propaganda. It also seems odd that so much is being made of Scott not riding as one rider out of 48 in qualifying rounds hardly seems worth creating a fuss over. Also it was making out that all hassle is coming from BSI/BSPA but ignoring the problems with rider release that Tarnow especially have provoked over the last few years and also this year.

It seems slightly odd to me that the website for the new championship is still not up and running especially now the first event has taken place.

However I would have thought having GB riders compete in more international competition would be a good think