British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

European Championships 2013 - Rzeszow Final 4 Live On Eurosport

I guess it doesn't look good that the event is now up and running,but we only have two venues for the final.Will we get any more venues now i wonder?And is this new look just because there are more tracks in Poland wanting a GP/SWC than can be accomodated,so we end up with a new competition to let them get in on the act with big meetings.rather like various boxing championships.......it all looks interesting as to how this will pan out

It seems slightly odd to me that the website for the new championship is still not up and running especially now the first event has taken place.

This may simply be - albeit a strange time to do so - just a redesign of the site. The only reason i suggest that is that their excellent Facebook page is still being updated hours ago. Their Facebook page is a great source of information on the sport (not just the European Championship) including some very good videos etc.

https://www.facebook.com/SpeedwayEuro?group_id=0

May 1st - Day of the 2nd SEC Semi-Final in Debrecen. Full line up will be presented soon, though we have some bad news for the British fans. Organizers have been dealing with working out the line up well, so Brits got 2 places in the semi-finals at the expense of Polish & Czech federations (each of them gave back one place). However, ACU decided to withdraw their 2nd rider (after Scott Nicholls' withdrawal last week) and therefore You won't be able to see British riders in SEC, which is a big disappointment for us and most importantly You - fans.

https://www.facebook.com/SpeedwayEuro

Brits loss.....ok i suppose to an extent SEC loss too. I'll still be avidly watching the meetings.

Brits loss.....ok i suppose to an extent SEC loss too. I'll still be avidly watching the meetings.

Hans Andersen and Peter Kildemand have been announced in this line-up - although they are supposed to racing for Swindon at Kings Lynn!!!!?? You can understand the BSBA/ACU objecting to this series if it takes EL riders away from their British fixtures on dates that weren't in the original calendar!! Edit' It seems that Hans has chosen to ride in Hungary but not Kildemand!!! Interesting to see what facility Swindon get - if any!!

Edited by Skidder1

SEC qualifiers and final rounds were announced on November 2012, far earlier than BEL fixtures.

FIM and FIM-Europe meetings dates are the most important in the international calendar and no-one is supposed to overtype this dates with own meetings.

If so, organisers take the risk of some riders unavalaible due to international duties… You can put the meeting on the FIM/FIM-Europe date (like i.e. Eastbourne sometimes do), but it's obvious that the riders' first choice is international meeting.

Hans Andersen ‏@Hansi_Andersen

52 min

@sheilaeveret made Swindon aware of not being available 4/5 times due to other commitments BEFORE the season started #NotMyFault

SEC qualifiers and final rounds were announced on November 2012, far earlier than BEL fixtures.

FIM and FIM-Europe meetings dates are the most important in the international calendar and no-one is supposed to overtype this dates with own meetings.

If so, organisers take the risk of some riders unavalaible due to international duties… You can put the meeting on the FIM/FIM-Europe date (like i.e. Eastbourne sometimes do), but it's obvious that the riders' first choice is international meeting.

Hans Andersen ‏@Hansi_Andersen

52 min

@sheilaeveret made Swindon aware of not being available 4/5 times due to other commitments BEFORE the season started #NotMyFault

Just as well PK had a different view then!!

Hans Andersen and Peter Kildemand have been announced in this line-up - although they are supposed to racing for Swindon at Kings Lynn!!!!?? You can understand the BSBA/ACU objecting to this series if it takes EL riders away from their British fixtures on dates that weren't in the original calendar!! Edit' It seems that Hans has chosen to ride in Hungary but not Kildemand!!! Interesting to see what facility Swindon get - if any!!

Well its a price the BEL have to pay by having meetings everyday (except Tuesdays and Sundays).

• Like 1

Nicklas Porsing is replacing Peter Kildemand in Debrecen...

• Like 1

The venue`s for the 4 rounds of the finals have been confirmed-meetings live on British Eurosport.

27th July Gdansk

10th August Togliatti

14th September Gorican

29th September Rzeszow

Tai added as wild card for the finals.

Will this cause problems after BSPA had previously blocked Scott Nicholls etc from riding previously

Also Swindon weren't allowed a guest for Hans Andersen as BSPA not endorsed championship and now seem to.

Edited by severnsider

So after the challenge final today we now know the field for the 4 final rounds - Live on British Eurosport

seeded

A Dryml

N Pedersen

Gollob

Woffinden

Sayfutdinov

Jonsson

Qualified

Pavlic

Povazhny

G Laguta

Vaculik

Karpov

Janowski

Andersen

Ulamek

Puodzuks

plus i would imagine 1 local wild-card.

Edited by racers and royals

I'm sorry, nothing against Tai but how did he get "approval" to ride in the European Championship, when at least three (that I know of) British riders were not permitted to take part?

It does sound a bit like one rule for one, one for the rest!

• Like 2