British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

European Championships 2013 - Rzeszow Final 4 Live On Eurosport

I'm sorry, nothing against Tai but how did he get "approval" to ride in the European Championship, when at least three (that I know of) British riders were not permitted to take part?

It does sound a bit like one rule for one, one for the rest!

To be honest, British speedway has zero credibility. So Scott Nicholls gets effectively 'threatened' when asking to take part and now they allow Tai to participate. So to those in authority, any chance of publicly apologising for your treatment of Scott Nicholls?

The BSPA are a total embarassment. Sadly, the worst thing that could happen is for Sky to continue to subsidise them. They would dance up and down celebrating extended funding without recognising that elite level sport in this country needs a fundamental overhaul. I'm one of those fans who attended weekly for years but now just watch on Sky (and now also Eurosport) for free.

• Like 3

Maybe tai has changed nationality again 😂

• Like 2

Yes and he wants to be called dai from now on boyo

I can't seem to find the regulations for these meetings, i'm sure i had them lol. I take it that these four finals are of standard 20 heats individual format and no semi-finals or finals. Also the champion is the one with the most points earned over the four rounds and no Grand Final etc? Dear God let's hope we don't have the movable gates option as in the Eurosport pairs lol.

I can't seem to find the regulations for these meetings, i'm sure i had them lol. I take it that these four finals are of standard 20 heats individual format and no semi-finals or finals. Also the champion is the one with the most points earned over the four rounds and no Grand Final etc? Dear God let's hope we don't have the movable gates option as in the Eurosport pairs lol.

I would think that as these finals are on TV there is bound to be at least a final(top scorers race) at each meeting.

I would think that as these finals are on TV there is bound to be at least a final(top scorers race) at each meeting.

Just had a vague inkling that they had said in their initial blurb earlier in the year that it was a traditional classic/simple format. I've not really looked into it much at all, i'll have a Google around tomorrow.

UPDATE

A quick Google just before i sign out reveals this from an article in Spotowefakty in December last year, i presume it still holds true?

"European Champion will be announced after playing four finals, and each of them will take place according to the formula in force in the Grand Prix at the beginning of its existence. After twenty races will be four finals: D, C, B and A. A final winner, which will start the four best players on the stage of basic, receives 6 points overall."

Presuming they are referring to the SGP, i was away from the sport when that began so i''ll need to do some historical Googling to find the meeting format, as i can't find mention of it under any of the tabs on the new reconstructed official site. The UEM/FIM Europe site has zero too.

Anyone remember the early days of the SGP? Are the D, C, B, A, finals for rider places 16-13, 12-9, 8-5, 4-1 and they earn points as a normal heat, save for the exception of the 'A' final winner who gets 6. Or do the four winners of those 'finals' go to a Grand Final with the winner of that getting six points?

Edited by manchesterpaul

Just had a vague inkling that they had said in their initial blurb earlier in the year that it was a traditional classic/simple format. I've not really looked into it much at all, i'll have a Google around tomorrow.

UPDATE

A quick Google just before i sign out reveals this from an article in Spotowefakty in December last year, i presume it still holds true?

"European Champion will be announced after playing four finals, and each of them will take place according to the formula in force in the Grand Prix at the beginning of its existence. After twenty races will be four finals: D, C, B and A. A final winner, which will start the four best players on the stage of basic, receives 6 points overall."

Presuming they are referring to the SGP, i was away from the sport when that began so i''ll need to do some historical Googling to find the meeting format, as i can't find mention of it under any of the tabs on the new reconstructed official site. The UEM/FIM Europe site has zero too.

Anyone remember the early days of the SGP? Are the D, C, B, A, finals for rider places 16-13, 12-9, 8-5, 4-1 and they earn points as a normal heat, save for the exception of the 'A' final winner who gets 6. Or do the four winners of those 'finals' go to a Grand Final with the winner of that getting six points?

Google translation of another Sportowefakty article in June

Everything starts and finishes in Poland. At each tournament will consist of 22 races. Some essential, as in the Grand Prix, will be 20 speed. After them, two of the best in the classification immediately advance to the grand final. Speedway riders to finish third to sixth in the race will face play-off, which are at stake in the other two places. Interestingly, the points gained in this course will not be included in the classification

Maximum winner of each tournament will therefore be able to get 18 points, starting six. Individual title of European Champion will win best played in four finals

So i am assuming top 2 scorers after 20 heats go to final.race. Race 21 is for next 4 highest-where 1st and 2nd get into the final heat 22 to join the top 2 scorers. points scored in final count in total 3,2,1,0. Points are only scored in heats 1 to 20 plus heat 22. Therefore max points available in any round is 15 pt max + 3 for winning final=18

Edited by racers and royals

Google translation of another Sportowefakty article in June

Everything starts and finishes in Poland. At each tournament will consist of 22 races. Some essential, as in the Grand Prix, will be 20 speed. After them, two of the best in the classification immediately advance to the grand final. Speedway riders to finish third to sixth in the race will face play-off, which are at stake in the other two places. Interestingly, the points gained in this course will not be included in the classification

Maximum winner of each tournament will therefore be able to get 18 points, starting six. Individual title of European Champion will win best played in four finals

So i am assuming top 2 scorers after 20 heats go to final.race. Race 21 is for next 4 highest-where 1st and 2nd get into the final heat 22 to join the top 2 scorers. points scored in final count in total 3,2,1,0. Points are only scored in heats 1 to 20 plus heat 22. Therefore max points available in any round is 15 pt max + 3 for winning final=18

Good spot.

It's easy really. Nicholls & Co riding in SEC would mean the meetings clashing with their British League commitments. Where as Tai doesn't have any clashes so would be free to ride. No brainer really.

So after the challenge final today we now know the field for the 4 final rounds - Live on British Eurosport

seeded

A Dryml

N Pedersen

Gollob

Woffinden

Sayfutdinov

Jonsson

Qualified

Pavlic

Povazhny

G Laguta

Vaculik

Karpov

Janowski

Andersen

Ulamek

Puodzuks

plus i would imagine 1 local wild-card.

Freddie Lindgren replaces the injured Andreas Jonsson

Wild card for the final opening round in Gdansk is 18 yr old Gdansk rider Kristen Pieszczek.

Start time on Saturday 27th July is 5.30 pm uk time

Edited by racers and royals

I had forgotten all about this and it's only a week away!

FULL RULES & REGULATIONS are available here

http://www.uem-moto.eu/images/pdf/2013/Rules%202013/Track_racing/2013_FIM_Europe_Track_Racing_Regulation.pdf

FULL RULES & REGULATIONS are available here

Holy pooh! - €14,000 minimum per rider for insurance. Whose pockets will that come out of?

Holy pooh! - €14,000 minimum per rider for insurance. Whose pockets will that come out of?

Not read it but would presume it means riders have to have insurance that covers them up to that sum rather than have to pay that much for insurance