British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Stockholm Gp September 21st

I thought that was superb, and a highlights package, without the long delays, would be great to watch back. Some will still complain, but to my eyes that was one of the best ever GP's on a temporary track.

C'mon Tai in Torun!

JT.

I wondered if it was Olle, he looked really dapper, like he was at the speedway before going for a big night out in Stockholm, must be the Swedish climate.

It certainly was not the Swedish climate as he lives in Felixstowe in Suffolk

Wasn't it great to see Olle Nyrgen present the trophy to Matej Zagar. He looks so well and is is beyond belief that he was Swedish Champion in 1949. How can he look that good

I knew I recognised him from somewhere but couldn`t think where.....thanks for telling us...

a truly great speedway meeting...

if only you could box that and make something like it 'the norm', you'd pack the stadiums out over here, how 'strange' that they can present a temp track so good yet many of the established tracks over here deliver nowhere near the same lines for the riders....

best wishes to TG, 'worth the admission alone' is a cliche that truly applies to him on god knows how many occasions...

and as for Tai? he showed tonight true grit and bravery, well done and all the best for torun..

IF british speedway had a clue then they would already be getting hold of a professional media company to market this kid, (tats and all), to the 'yoof' of this country...

wouldnt it be great to see, come march, a british world champ going to the tapes with true street cred which in turn has attracted scores of the 11 - 20 brigade to the sport...

oh well, I can dream,

wonder what Roy Cropper is doing early next year... :D:sad:

a truly great speedway meeting...

if only you could box that and make something like it 'the norm', you'd pack the stadiums out over here, how 'strange' that they can present a temp track so good yet many of the established tracks over here deliver nowhere near the same lines for the riders....

best wishes to TG, 'worth the admission alone' is a cliche that truly applies to him on god knows how many occasions...

and as for Tai? he showed tonight true grit and bravery, well done and all the best for torun..

IF british speedway had a clue then they would already be getting hold of a professional media company to market this kid, (tats and all), to the 'yoof' of this country...

wouldnt it be great to see, come march, a british world champ going to the tapes with true street cred which in turn has attracted scores of the 11 - 20 brigade to the sport...

oh well, I can dream,

wonder what Roy Cropper is doing early next year... :D:sad:

Burying Hayley I think.

• Like 3

Good meeting and some nail biting racing. Well done to the track staff.

Tai doesn't really need 6 points as Hampel is not going to go through the card in 2 weeks time. Even if he didn't ride it would be a hard task for Hampel to over haul Tai.

Brave riding by the Brit and the points he picked up tonight were crucial.

I have nothing to really add but immense pride thanks to Tai. This kid is solid

• Like 1

Has there been any news on TG?

Broken 7th Vertebrae according to this thread a bit earlier.

Thanks, I haven't read all the thread. Just asking because some sicko has posted the crash on youtube, edited the in-video header and called it 'Tomasz Gollob Fatal Crash' Swedish GP with todays date. My stomach sank !!!

Sad news.

In my younger, more stupid years i managed to break my back in two places, at T4 and T12 (the 4th and 12 verterbrae) and whilst i'm no sportsman, even as a normal adult, that kind of injury can certainly have an effect on your day to day life. This will no doubt end Tomek's gp career which is terribly sad.

Was a pleasure seeing him ride in the gp's. Wasn't very nice to see what happened tonight.

dzięki Tomek

I think Nilsson feels the pressure as a wild,card.

Reserves are doing well though.

I think that is the same kind of injury as PK suffered a few weeks ago.

SAW and spoke to PK tonight ... looked remarkably well.

• Like 3