British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fast Freddie Challenge

Fast Freddie Challenge - Sunday 10th March, 5pm @ Monmore Green

Looking at the weather forecasts for both the Sunday and the Monday this I would imagine must be in doubt , I'll leave it as late as I can to travel from Preston but any updates re weather would be great , Cheers Chris

Looking at the weather forecasts for both the Sunday and the Monday this I would imagine must be in doubt , I'll leave it as late as I can to travel from Preston but any updates re weather would be great , Cheers Chris

I will be updating this meeting on Sunday, for the updates site, will set up thread tomorrow evening.

Sunday's weather does not look very good, cloud and rain forecast currently. I only live a short distance from the track, I will provide regular updates on the weather over the weekend.

Thanks Elliot

• Like 1

Apologies if I've missed this on here already but what time does the car park/gates open? Hopefully coming down but never been before so want to get there in plenty of time.

I will be updating this meeting on Sunday, for the updates site, will set up thread tomorrow evening.

Sunday's weather does not look very good, cloud and rain forecast currently. I only live a short distance from the track, I will provide regular updates on the weather over the weekend.

Thanks Elliot

Thanks Elliot , thats superb and very much appreciated ...Im chomping at the preverbial to pay homage to Freddie and lack of Speedway has got the better of me !! :)

Cheers

Chris

Apologies if I've missed this on here already but what time does the car park/gates open? Hopefully coming down but never been before so want to get there in plenty of time.

The first event starts at 3:15pm, so I believe the car park will be open from about 3pm, at the latest, but it could be earlier, I'm not sure on the definite time, but they need to give people time to park before the photograph time with Freddie Lindgren. You can park on Hickman Avenue and Sutherland Avenue around the ground anyway which are the two roads which approach the stadium, so there is normally loads of parking available for fans if the car park is full.

Edited by Elliot Hunt
  • Like 1

What is the refund policy for Sunday means as I presume it's not classed as a normal Wolves meeting, nothing worse than handing £17 over for a meeting like this and then seeing three or four heats and then an abandoned meeting.

Weather is looking good for tomorrow, currently going to be dry and cloudy, might be the occasional rain shower.

Anybody know anything about a rider withdrawing heard couple of names mentioned and being replaced by Darcy Ward ? Somebody just text me this but seem to remember something about Ward and Holder being unavailable

Edited by flagrag

The organisers of the Fast Freddie Challenge would like to assure fans that it is very rare for a testimonial meeting to be called off due to the weather. Riders are always desperate to get the meeting on because it is for one of their fellow riders, and it is most likely that they will do everything possible to ride even if the conditions are difficult.

In addition, the forecast for Wolverhampton is looking much more positive at this moment in time. Today the weather has been much improved, with only very light drizzle. Tomorrow is forecast to be a little cold and windy but dry. There might be a slight possibility of a few showers, but given that this is a testimonial it would need to be very bad for the meeting to be off.

If there is unfortunately no choice but to call the meeting off, normal re-admission will apply. There will be no refunds on the day, but re-admission tickets will be valid for the re-run which will take place on Monday evening if the weather is better by then. A result can be declared after 12 heats.

I urge people planning on attending not to be put off by the weather and hope many of you will be at Monmore Green tomorrow to give Freddie the excellent day he deserves.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, Nicki Pedersen has pulled out of the Fast Freddie Challenge.

However, Darcy Ward makes his first appearance of 2013 in the meeting after answering a late call to ride.

Full story on Official Wolves website or www.fastfreddie.se

Edited by Fast Freddie Challenge

Thanks Elliot

I will update you also as will be in the Wolverhampton area from before 2PM.

Thrilled that DARCY WARD has answered the call just 24 hours before the meeting and has arranged flights from Poland where he is practising to replace Nicki Pedersen. ...... Darcy was hoping to be in the line up before, but as he was having a few problems regarding his visa, it was decided to declare the 16 riders.

Weather forecasts for tomorrow look fine and hop everyone enjoys the day ......I will !!!

Darcy was hoping to be in the line up before, but as he was having a few problems regarding his visa, it was decided to declare the 16 riders.

That is the politest way i have heard it!

Im soooo looking forward to this

Chris

Ill keep my eyes on this tomm morning , as I hope its going to be on but the BBC Met Office is predicting snow pratically all day ( over 60% ) chance but accept this is subject to change and hopeful its on as clearly a lot of work has been put into it from the organisers :t:

Edited by ProperSport

Hope the day is a great success for Freddie and it makes him smile (with teeth)!!

Edited by Trees