British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fast Freddie Challenge

Fast Freddie Challenge - Sunday 10th March, 5pm @ Monmore Green

...Darcy sits back and on the second lap he is popping wheelies down the back straight with this foot on the rear mudguard.

For which he should have been excluded. It was potentially dangerous to do that in the middle of a race with two riders behind him.

Have you read the reports on the Tomas Topinka testimonial,it is possible to have a testimonial in March on a good track with competitive racing,entertainment aplenty and all riders trying.Yes we all accept the sentiment involved but for £17 we still expect something resembling a competitive speedway meeting particularly with the worlds best on show

Different weather conditions on a different day in a different part of the country and on a different track. Apart that it's a fair comparison. ;)

Not sure why the track wasn't made slick to cope with rain/snow...

To be fair we were very fortunate with the weather in Lynn last Friday, it was mild and the forecast rain arrived 6 hours late. The track was however prepared for every eventuality, difficult to understand why Wolves didn't do the same.

An understandable couple of posts from the outside looking in. The problems were almost entirely down to the temperature I would suggest. Even on the preceding Tue (which most wiil remember was a very mild day - 14c here) there was a hard overnight frost. It dropped to -4c here and I spent 5 minutes scrapping the ice off my car in the morning. There was rain later in the week and then air frosts again at the weekend. The problem was not falling rain/snow as it was not overly heavy in the days leading up and on the day we only had light snow which was powder dry not wet and slushy.

The track looked okay (smooth, flat and hard). After the first couple of heats the bikes were breaking it up and frost and ice that was in the shale and just below the surface was melting by the look of it. It very quickly became really deep and very heavy from mid-track outwards. Even the visually slicker line on the inside was 'sticky' and inconsistent making it almost impossible for the riders to have faith to throw the bike in and hold a consistent slide. Riders like PK don't lose it at Monmore while out front unchallenged unless there's a good reason. Related to my comment above it is to be noted how much tighter the turns are at Monmore compared to tracks like the NA. Finally, and not least of all, the temperature dropped very quickly from 1c at the start in the afternoon to -2c well before the end so the moisture in the track throughout most of the meeting would have been re-freezing. I don't how you prepare a track for that. :unsure::)

One could ask why hold it in March anyway? There must be plenty of spare dates later in the year????

Let us know if those riders and the stadium are available on what proves to be a warm dry day later in the year.

----------------------------------------------

Congrats to Freddie on earning a proper testimonial by spending 10 years with the same club in this country, even if it is with the dogheads. :P A well-deserved pay-day for someone loyal to his club and the sport in this country. :t:

• Like 1

For which he should have been excluded. It was potentially dangerous to do that in the middle of a race with two riders behind him.

Different weather conditions on a different day in a different part of the country and on a different track. Apart that it's a fair comparison. ;)

An understandable couple of posts from the outside looking in. The problems were almost entirely down to the temperature I would suggest. Even on the preceding Tue (which most wiil remember was a very mild day - 14c here) there was a hard overnight frost. It dropped to -4c here and I spent 5 minutes scrapping the ice off my car in the morning. There was rain later in the week and then air frosts again at the weekend. The problem was not falling rain/snow as it was not overly heavy in the days leading up and on the day we only had light snow which was powder dry not wet and slushy.

The track looked okay (smooth, flat and hard). After the first couple of heats the bikes were breaking it up and frost and ice that was in the shale and just below the surface was melting by the look of it. It very quickly became really deep and very heavy from mid-track outwards. Even the visually slicker line on the inside was 'sticky' and inconsistent making it almost impossible for the riders to have faith to throw the bike in and hold a consistent slide. Riders like PK don't lose it at Monmore while out front unchallenged unless there's a good reason. Related to my comment above it is to be noted how much tighter the turns are at Monmore compared to tracks like the NA. Finally, and not least of all, the temperature dropped very quickly from 1c at the start in the afternoon to -2c well before the end so the moisture in the track throughout most of the meeting would have been re-freezing. I don't how you prepare a track for that. :unsure::)

Let us know if those riders and the stadium are available on what proves to be a warm dry day later in the year.

----------------------------------------------

Congrats to Freddie on earning a proper testimonial by spending 10 years with the same club in this country, even if it is with the dogheads. :P A well-deserved pay-day for someone loyal to his club and the sport in this country. :t:

Excellent post 21st (to all the points) :t:

I have a few unique items for sale from this meeting.

1. 3 of the gifts given to the riders on the day. They are black wooden wine boxes with the logo on and only enough with 4 extras made.

One contains a bottle of wine with the Testimonial logo as a label available for £30 & two boxes without the wine, but any normal size bottle will fit & they are £20 each.

2. An original race jacket from the ones held up at customs, it is signed by Andreas Jonsson from the meeting (NO 5) - £70

3. One of the spare race jackets orderded, it has not been used but is signed by Freddie.

Postage would be extra but I can arrange to be collected at most tracks

Will sell on a first come first served and all proceeds to "Fast Freddie Fund" in recognition of Freddie's services.

Please send me a pm if interested.

Just heard dj fresh gold dust and it reminded me of the riders parade which imo was the best ive ever seen and got the blood pumping on a bitterly cold night should be a blue print for every club. does anyone else think that the rider parade was that good or did the tempo of the song just add to the excitement along with the riders names getting called out over it. it worked and i thought it was effing amazing and wish other tracks would do the same.

so did the parade exicite you? It got me out my seat.