British Speedway Forum
Paul

Kent 2013

P1928: yes the two quotes in the previous message obviously need clarification.

The first was written in sarcastic vein - some posters seemed to think I had little or no knowledge of speedway and its inner workings!

And the second one is in genuine vein. New Cross was a fantastic track to watch racing on - I suppose its modern day comparisons might be the USA tracks in South California?

Kings' Ben Morley scored 11 points from six rides guesting for King's Lynn in their 52-36 defeat at Mildenhall today (Sunday August 4). He had two race wins to his credit.

Saturday, August 10, Rye House v Leicester: this comment on the Rye House website will interest Kings' supporters: "There is a remaining question mark over Jason Garrity's fitness, however, with Ben Morley on stand-by to deputise as necessary on Saturday."

Saturday, August 10, Rye House v Leicester: this comment on the Rye House website will interest Kings' supporters: "There is a remaining question mark over Jason Garrity's fitness, however, with Ben Morley on stand-by to deputise as necessary on Saturday."

with Rye only allowed to use a NL rider to cover for Garrity, Ben becomes the obvious choice, even though he will struggle being in the main body of the team. Probably only get 3 rides. Strange situation for Ben in that if he does too well for Kent and ups his average too much he will be unable to do such bookings.

Edited by iand

Kings' Ben Morley scored 11 points from six rides guesting for King's Lynn in their 52-36 defeat at Mildenhall today (Sunday August 4). He had two race wins to his credit.

From the Rye House press release re match v Leicester August 10 2013: comment on Ben Morley:

::::::::::

Ben Morley did everything that could possibly be asked at him when pitched into the main body of the team as guest cover for the still sidelined Jason Garrity. The 19 year old powered to paid 6 from 3 outings, before team manager John Sampford leaned towards reserve Aspgren for his final programmed ride.

Kent Kings' Ben Morley scored an impressive seven points for Rye House in Saturday's home Premier League 45-45 rain-affected draw against Ipswich. After the match team boss John Sampford said of Morley: "Although it was a team effort, particular credit has to go to Ben Morley, who is less experienced at this level than the other other riders, but really used his head to ride sensibly in the conditions. Apart from one race where he fell, he scored good points consistently throughout the night." :approve:

Edited by Guest

Hi All

Just to let you know any posts from me from today are my own personal posts/thoughts and are in no way official comments from the Kent Kings Speedway organisation which I no longer represent.

• Like 1

Hi All

Just to let you know any posts from me from today are my own personal posts/thoughts and are in no way official comments from the Kent Kings Speedway organisation which I no longer represent.

good to see you back on here Nikko, sorry to read you no longer represent Kent, hopefully the parting was amicable, Im sure its Kents loss.

Edited by greyhoundp

Hi All

good to see you back on here Nikko, sorry to read you no longer represent Kent, hopefully the parting was amicable, Im sure its Kents loss.

How intriguing but then I am not an advocate of the so-called conspiracy theory! :rolleyes: