British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TeamBouchard

Interspan Ignition Box Query

Currently running an interspan ignition box - silver top/red writing/6 pin connection - on an old GM.

Seems to struggle to hold charge for 5+ rides at training schools etc. Decided to purchase a back-up to get round the problem.

Finished up with a silver top/yellow writing/6 pin connection. Have given it an initial charge - charging lamp comes on. Tried it on bike - red power on light bright - but engine won't fire.

Swapped boxes - and with orig box on - fires up every time.

In theory, there shouldn't be a problem swapping red/yellow boxes should there?

Yellow box hasn't apparently been used for a long time and i note on Interspan site they recommend 10/12 hour charge as a first charge. Box was getting 'hot' after an hour and a half, so didn't go any further. Would 10 hour charge assist?

Any advice/help would be appreciated re the box.

no test with amp meter hold earth on box red on one of the pins in the connection set amp meter on 20 need a reading of about 805 no higher box does not want to be to warm, got 8 boxes dont use any more to many probs pvl or sellectra the way to go hope this helps

Had a reply from Gary O'Hare. He says that the yellow top boxes were specifically for 'points' operated ignition and the red tops for the 'magic eye' ones.

This would appear to solve the mystery.

Nothing wrong with the boxes themselves but incompatible with my ignition system. Oh, well - we live and learn!

There are yellow,white and red Top box for magnetic triggers. The Yellow top for points wont fire on anything but points.

I think your box needs a new battery.