British Speedway Forum
Scunny Stag

Scunthorpe Speedway Track Activity 2014 - Practice, Amateur Meetings, Bike Hire, Mini Track & Main Track

With another poor weather forecast for tomorrowe we have called off the scheduled practice session. Next weekend see the last of our weekly Sunday practices. If anyone wants track/weather updates feel free to call Richard on 07832-402167

Spaces available for the sessions over the next two weekend. Sat 30th March - Wayne Carter Mini track session; Sat 6th - WISS Skids Practice; Sun 7th Wayne Carter Full Day Training School on Main track. See the first post for more details or contact myself (richard@scunthorpespeedway.com, facebook.com/rh1967 or 07832-402167)

• Like 1

After a weekend without any main track activity due to Saturday's stockcars I'm pleased to announce we have plenty on over the next fortnight:

Sat 6th - WISS Skids Practice 12pm-4pm **bookings required through Wayne & Ivan**

Sun 7th - Wayne Carter Main Track Training School 9am-5pm **bookings required**

Sat 13th - Amateur Meeting 11am-5pm **bookings required**

Sun 14th - Wayne Carter Minitrack Session 12pm-4pm **bookings required**

There are still a few spaces on Wayne Carter's Main Track training school next Sunday whilst I am also taking bookings for the amateur meeting and Wayne's minitrack session the week after.

There was some great track activity at Scunny over the weekend. A group booking on the minitrack and a WISS Skids practice accounted for Saturday whilst Wayne Carter's Main Track Training School was once again very popular.

This coming weekend we have an amateur meeting on Saturday (13th) will quite a lot of early bookings. If at all possible I would like to do the programme on Thursday night so if I can bookings by then it would be appreciated. Then on Sunday (14th) Wayne Carter is running a session on the mini track and there are still quite a few spaces. Please contact me on 07832-402167 for info or bookings for either.

There is just one space available for 12th May with Wayne Carter on the mini-track but there are quite a few remaining for the 25th May and beyond. Just text or call 07832-402167 to reserve a space.

Hi, one argentine rider will go to europe because the federation send the card for go to the Qualy of SGP in debrecen, have any chance for go to practice or start in same amateur or open meeting.- He stay in europe 27 may to 20 august.-

he have international license and bike.-

Thanks , if you need send message my email uru75@hotmail.com.-

Hi there. I will email a reply Ariel75 :)

There are spaces still available for the next Wayne Carter session on minitrack (25th May), the Wayne Carter Main Track Training School (2nd June) and our next amateur meeting (16th June). Contact me or see the first posting on this thread for more details.

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by Scunny Stag

Afraid tomorrow's track activity (private practice on main track and a group session with Wayne Carter on the minitrack) has fallen victim to the weather. The forecast for tomorrow is very poor :(

Bookings for the minitrack are really strong at the moment so please book early to avoid disappointment.

This coming weekend's Wayne Carter session on the minitrack is fully booked. Session after that is 22nd June. Also got over 20 bookings already for the amateur meeting on 16th June. With nearly two weeks until the meeting we're expecting an excellent turnout.

Adult classes - Open, Support and Novice

Youth Classes - Y80, Y125, Y250 and Y500

plus youth pit bike, adult pit bike and short track classes

Please text or call 07832-402167 to make a booking or request further info.

Sorry Graham I only come on this thread once a week to update it. Feel free to text me or contact me on Facebook for details in future.

I can confirm there are a small number of spaces still available with Wayne next week. Minitrack is Saturday, main track is Sunday. Text or call me on 07832-402167, email me (richardh1967@ntlworld.com) or contact me via Facebook (richardh1967@facebook.com) to reserve a space.

Edited by Scunny Stag

Douglas has fun in the sun at Scunny

Scunthorpe Scorpions’ reserve Ryan Douglas showed his class by reeling off six wins in Sunday’s amateur meeting at the Eddie Wright Raceway. He defeated Coventry’s Oliver Greenwood, the unattached Danny Phillips, who rode for the Saints in the National League last year, and former pro Gary O’Hare in the final. In total nearly fifty riders competed in 85 races over eight classes and in less than five and a half hours.

The number of races was another record, beating April’s eight-four, and there would have been more if Lewis Rose hadn’t have received a phone call to guest in the Premier League at Workington just before his first race. With favourable weather the track stood up exceptionally well and the other class winners were Martin Pearce (Support), Nathan Cheetham (Novice), Reece Downes (Youth 500), Zach Wajtknecht (Youth 250), Jolyon West (Youth 125), Alan Birtwistle (Flat Track) and Jamie Halder (Pit Bikes).

Afterwards meeting organiser Richard Hollingsworth was impressed with the number of new riders who had taken part in the meeting “It is always great to welcome new riders and we had six in the novice class today. Young Liam Sellers had first ridden on the minitrack with Wayne Carter just five weeks ago and he made it to the A Final. In fact nearly the whole of the novice class field, and there was eleven in the class, have ridden on the mini track with Wayne. He was helping Liam and too others in their first meetings today and not enough is said about the great work that he does.

“He has a session on the main track next week and nearly all those attending have started out on the mini track. It is incredible what he does and we get so much positive feedback about the help he has given riders, be ones who are just coming for a one-off session or those who want to progress in the sport.

“If ever there was an unsung hero at Scunthorpe it is Wayne Carter”.

The next amateur meeting at Scunthorpe is on Sunday 7th July and places can be reserved by contacting Richard via email (richardh1967@ntlworld.com), Facebook (www.facebook.com/rh1967) or by texting or calling 07832-402167 (please leave a message if unavailable).

Flat trackers come to Scunthorpe

The next amateur meeting at Scunthorpe’s Eddie Wright Raceway will also feature a round of the British Flat Track Championship run by the Dirt Track Riders’ Association. It will just be the youth classes as the seniors have an additional round on another date. However, it is hoped that there will be a club class for adults to compete in.

Any flat track riders wanting to compete need to contact Adam Waller on 01482-323123.

Stags to take on Southern Track Riders

For the fourth year running the amateur riders at Scunthorpe will take on the Southern Track Riders Club in a home and away two leg challenge. The meetings will be on Sunday 1st September at King’s Lynn and on Sunday 6th October at Scunthorpe’s Eddie Wright Raceway.

The event is expected to see three seven man teams face the opposition over the traditional fifteen heat format.

Open Class:

Qualifying scores: Ryan Douglas 15, Gary O’Hare 12, Oliver Greenwood 11, Chris Widman 11, Danny Phillips 10, Arron Mogridge 9, Lee Springthorpe 7, Andrew Blackburn 3.

C Final: Springthorpe, Blackburn

B Final: Phillips, Mogridge, Widman, Springthorpe

A Final: Douglas, Greenwood, Phillips, O’Hare (fell, non-starter in re-run)

Summer Championship points: Ryan Douglas 16, Oliver Greenwood 15, Danny Phillips 14, Gary O’Hare 13, Arron Mogridge 12, Chris Widman 11, Lee Springthorpe 10, Andrew Blackburn 9.

Summer Championship standings after round 2: Oliver Greenwood 31 (16-15), Gary O’Hare 24 (11-13), Andrew Blackburn 17 (9-8), Ryan Douglas 16, Paul Cooper 15, Gino Manzares 14, Danny Phillips 14, Lee Payne 13, Tom Young 12, Arron Mogridge 12, Chris Widman 11, Rocco Scopellite 10, Lee Springthorpe 9, Wayne Barrett 9, Matt Williamson 7, Brendan Johnson 6, Ian Barney 5, Sean Phillips 4.

Support Class:

Qualifying scores: Martin Pearce 11, Krys Bialecki 10, Simon Pearce 9, David Lidgett 8 (3 rides)

A Final: M. Pearce, Bialecki, S. Pearce,

Summer Championship points: Martin Pearce 16, Krys Bialecki 15, Simon Pearce 14, David Lidgett 13.

Summer Championship points after round 2: Martin Pearce 32 (16-16), David Lidgett 28 (15-13), Simon Pearce 28 (14-14), Krys Bialecki 15, Nathan Clare 13, Tim Curnock 12, Sam Darroch 11, Callum Harris 10, Brandon Smith 9.

Novice Class:

Qualifying Scores: Nathan Cheetham 15, Matt Davis 12, Lee Baldwin 11, Connor Fletcher 10, Liam Sellers 9, Ivan Howarth 8, Jack Flynn 7, Francesca Kirtley-Paine 7, Matt Randall 6, Hannah Kirtley Paine 3.

D Final: H. Kirtley-Paine, Owen

C Final: Flynn, F. Kirtley-Paine, H. Kirtley-Paine, Randall (fell)

B Final: Sellers, Fletcher, Flynn, Howarth,

A Final: Cheetham, Davis, Baldwin, Sellers

Summer Championship points: Nathan Cheetham 16, Matt Davis 15, Lee Baldwin 14, Liam Sellers 13, Connor Fletcher 12, Jack Flynn 11, Ivan Howarth 10, Francesca Kirtley-Paine 9, Hannah Kirtley Paine 8, Matt Randall 7, Gary Owen 6.

Summer Championship points: Francesca Kirtley-Paine 24 (15-9), Ivan Howarth 24 (14-10), Hannah Kirtley-Paine 18 (10-8), Krys Bialecki 16, Nathan Cheetham 16, Matt Davis 15, Lee Baldwin 14, Ian Gill 13, Liam Sellers 13, Rob Clark 12, Connor Fletcher 12, Tom Sipos 11, Jack Flynn 11, Derek Hunt 9, Matt Randall 7, Gary Owen 6.

Youth 500cc Class:

Scores: Reece Downes 18

Youth 250cc Class:

Qualifying Scores: Zach Wajtknecht 15, Kyle Bickley 11, Lewis Whitmore 8, Luke Woodhull 7, Ben Woodhull 7, Jack Parkinson-Blackburn 5, Kean Dicken 3, Dan Miles 3.

B Final: Parkinson-Blackburn, Dicken, Miles,

A Final: Wajtknecht, Bickley, Whitmore, Parkinson-Blackburn

Summer Championship points: Zach Wajtknecht 16, Kyle Bickley 15, Lewis Whitmore 14, Jack Parkinson-Blackburn 13, Kean Dicken 12, Dan Miles 11, Luke Woodhull 10, Ben Woodhull 9.

Summer Championship standings: Zach Wajtknecht 32 (16-16), Jack Parkinson-Blackburn 28 (15-13), Lewis Whitmore 26 (12-14), Ben Woodhull 23 (14-9), Luke Woodhull 23 (13-10), Kean Dicken 23 (11-12), Dan Miles 21 (10-11).

Youth 125cc Class:

Qualifying scores: Jolyon West 13, Sam Stead 12, Jordan Jenkins 11, Jamie Halder 7, Dan Thompson 6, Joe Thompson 4, Luke Whitehead 1.

B Final: Halder, D. Thompson, J. Thompson, Whitehead

A Final: West, Jenkins, Stead, Halder

Summer Championship points: Jolyon West 16, Jordan Jenkins 15, Sam Stead 14, Jamie Halder 13, Dan Thompson 12, Joe Thompson 11, Luke Whitehead 10.

Summer Championship standings: Jolyon West 32 (16-16), Sam Stead 28 (14-14), Jordan Jenkins 26 (11-15), Jamie Halder 26 (13-13), Luke Whitehead 20 (10-10), Kyle Bickley 15, Harry Jones 12, Dan Thompson 12, Joe Thompson 11, Harry McGurk 9.

Youth 80cc Class:

No entrants in this meeting.

Summer Championship standings: Sam McGurk 16, Ellis West 15, Skye Adams 14

Flattrack Class:

Scores: Alan Birtwistle 17, Tom Lundstrom 13.

Pitbike Class:

Scores: Jamie Halder 14, Colin Willerton 11, Gavin McCluskey 7, Derek Holt 4.

The www.jbsportsimages.co.uk sponsored Rider of the Meeting awards went to Arron Mogridge and Liam Sellers.