British Speedway Forum
Scunny Stag

Scunthorpe Speedway Track Activity 2014 - Practice, Amateur Meetings, Bike Hire, Mini Track & Main Track

Unfortunately this weekend's track activity has been cancelled due to the very poor weather forecast. The amatuer meeting, which had a attracted record entries, will now be run next Sunday, 12th January, instead of the planned practice session. Anyone wanting to race please contact me via richard@scunthorpespeedway.com, 07832-402167 or www.facebook.com/rh1967.

Unfortunately this weekend's track activity has been cancelled due to the very poor weather forecast. The amatuer meeting, which had a attracted record entries, will now be run next Sunday, 12th January, instead of the planned practice session. Anyone wanting to race please contact me via richard@scunthorpespeedway.com, 07832-402167 or www.facebook.com/rh1967.

Will this amateur meeting be on and if so which riders will be partaking. Weather looks dry but bloody cold.

Hi Eric, Sorry I often only come on here once a week to update. The results are on the club website and in the facebook group. In future feel free to text or email me and I'll get back to you.

It is with regret that we are going to have to cancel Sunday's practice. Quite a lot of rain has fallen today and with more forecast for tomorrow (albeit not too much) there is no chance of it drying out in time. With the base in great condition we really we need a good day to day and a half of drying weather and we will be good to go. So hopefully next Sunday, 26th January, we can be back on track. Sorry about tomorrow!

Hopefully all is going to be okay for this coming Sunday's practice(and of course Andy Meredith's Training School on Saturday). Follow the Facebook status of the practice on https://www.facebook.com/events/456141231153330/ or get weather/track updates by texting 07832-402167.

Edited by Scunny Stag

It is with deep regret that we have had to cancel this weekend's track activity. The track hasn't had any opportunity to dry out this week and with more rain due there is no chance of it by Sunday. The next track activity is due to be the amateur meeting next Saturday (1st February) and the practice on Sunday 2ndmeeting next Saturday (1st February) and the practice on Sunday 2nd February.d February.

Sadly we have had to cancel this weekend's track activity. Thursday wasn't the drying day that was predicted earlier in the week and with a lot of rain set to fall on Friday we will be back to square one. It means there will be no main track or mini track activity this coming weekend. The next track activity is due to be the amateur meeting which has been rearranged to replace the practice on Sunday 9th February. Any riders wanting to enter the meeting needs to contact me on 07832-402167. The next minitrack activity is now planned to be a Wayne Carter session on 15th February and once again people need to book spaces with myself.

Okay, last weekend was a great success with 97 races in the amateur meeting on Saturday, a good turnout for Sunday's practice and a really good session for Wayne Carter's group on the minitrack.

This coming Saturday sees Andy Meredith running one of his popular speedway academies on Saturday with a 'Ladies Day' on the minitrack and a group on the main track before Sunday sees the club run our penultimate winter practice from 12-4pm on the main track. Anyone wanting more info on the latter then contact me (text is better if possible) on 07832-402167.

The next Wayne Carter Minitrack session on Saturday 15th and the next Wayne Carter Main Track Training Session is on Sunday 29th.

All bookings are done through myself.

Just spotted that we still had two practices listed for 23rd and 30th March. Please accept my apologies but they were cancelled some time ago because on the 23rd we have the first round of the British Youth Championship whilst the Scorpions and Stags seasons start with a home double-header on Sunday the 30th March.

However, track time is possible at Scunthorpe over the next couple of weeks with Andy Meredith running a training school on the main track on Saturday 22nd and Wayne Carter also running a main track training school on Saturday 29th. Bookings for the Wayne Carter TS is through myself with the 29th being the last of his four hour winter schools. After that they will revert to the full day versions. All details are listed at the bottom of the first post on this thread.

Finally, we are counting down to our next amateur meeting, which is also the first in our Summer Championship. The date is Saturday 5th April and once again I am the person to contact (see my signature or the bottom of the first post for options)

This coming weekend Wayne Carter still has spaces on his main track training school (Saturday 11am to 3pm, £50) and for his minitrack session on Sunday morning (9am to 1pm because of the Scorpions meeting at 3pm) whilst I'm also taking bookings for the following weekend's amateur meeting (Saturday 5th April). Text or call me on 07832-402167 or contact me via Facebook (www.facebook.com/rh1967)

31 riders already booked for Saturday's amateur meeting. I'm sure we can get to 40 riders but will we get to 50? Wayne Carter has his next mini track session on Saturday 12th April.

Still two places left for this coming Saturday's session with Wayne Carter on the minitrack (Sat 3rd May) but Sunday's training school is fully booked. The following Saturday (May 10th) has plenty of spaces available with Wayne on the minitrack (10am to 2pm because of a stock car meeting later in the day) then on Sunday May 18th we have an amateur meeting. The Open, Support, Youth 500 and flat track classes will run in the morning (signing on 9.30-10.30am) with the Novice Class, Youth 250, Youth 150, Adult Pit Bike and Youth Pit Bike classes in the afternoon (signing on around 1pm). Contact me to book or ask questions: richard@scunthorpespeedway.com or 07832-402167

around 30 booked in for next Sunday's amateur meeting already, sure there will be over 50. Just text or call me on 07832-402167 to join the fun.