British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

No Gps On Sky Television Next Year?

I AM still optimistic that the GPs will appear on British television even if not on the Sky Sports platform.

So am i somewhere, but where is the question?? As i said, i would be very suprised withstanding other companies screening the GP's that Sky don't do the British as a one off.

Edited by Starman2006

I AM still optimistic that the GPs will appear on British television even if not on the Sky Sports platform.

I really hope that you are right, the product is to good to be lost to our screens. I am sure that some of the smaller sports channels would love the viewing figures that Sky get for the GPs and will buy the feeds.

I'm hoping to see Gps on tv somewhere as its the only chance I get to see Speedway (except for a yearly trip to Cardiff for the GP and another odd meeting if I'm lucky to be visiting GB for a second visit and to be near a track.)...only a month to the Gp in NZ and no mention of coverage :sad:.

I have my doubts as to if it will be shown. There may be some highlights somewhere but I'm not even sure about that. :sad:

I don't like the GP System - but - I am a bit of a hypocrite - it IS Speedway after all.

I'm hoping to see Gps on tv somewhere as its the only chance I get to see Speedway (except for a yearly trip to Cardiff for the GP and another odd meeting if I'm lucky to be visiting GB for a second visit and to be near a track.)... only a month to the Gp in NZ and no mention of coverage :sad:.

So what? There wasn't any mention of American Football on Sky until a couple of days before the first match was due to be shown. A deal done, then coverage started.

I'm sure BSI will make sure thy're shown. Whether it's on Sky or somewhere else, it doesn't matter - the pictures of the racing will be the same.

Doing that without screaming & orgasms however, might let the genie out of the bottle. The insightful analysis of Keith Huewen migh be replaced by camera feeds of tractor racing - which will be good.

So what? There wasn't any mention of American Football on Sky until a couple of days before the first match was due to be shown. A deal done, then coverage started.

I'm sure BSI will make sure thy're shown. Whether it's on Sky or somewhere else, it doesn't matter - the pictures of the racing will be the same.

Doing that without screaming & orgasms however, might let the genie out of the bottle. The insightful analysis of Keith Huewen migh be replaced by camera feeds of tractor racing - which will be good.

Backless never fails. :lol:

In previous years there has been shots of Speedway included in Skys sports adverts for following months....seen March and saw no pic of speedway, pity if coverage not LIVE but shown as a highlights show (as mentioned maybe on eurosport) would not be the same, but suppose better than not at all. This years Gps should be on par or maybe even better than previous years with the "young guns" being more plentyful. Come on Greg and Nicki give em a run for it!!! should produce some good racing.

I hear that the new BT Sports Channel are interested although they aren't due to launch until the summer.

I hear that the new BT Sports Channel are interested although they aren't due to launch until the summer.

If it means another subscription with BT then I wont be paying up and will just have to miss out.

Backless never fails. :lol:

Good point, well made. Excellent contribution.

In previous years there has been shots of Speedway included in Skys sports adverts for following months....seen March and saw no pic of speedway, pity if coverage not LIVE but shown as a highlights show (as mentioned maybe on eurosport) would not be the same, but suppose better than not at all. This years Gps should be on par or maybe even better than previous years with the "young guns" being more plentyful. Come on Greg and Nicki give em a run for it!!! should produce some good racing.

It still comes down to "so what?"

Sky didn't mention the NBA season when it started. Deal done, all of a sudden it's in every sports news bulletin.

The fact that its not in next month's adverts simply means there isn't a deal done yet. There aren't any adverts for it on any other channel - but BSI will certainly flog it out to someone, even if its for peanuts with a few days to spare.

If it was Sky Sports, Christ knows that there's enough slack in their schedule of Fox Sports subsidies to squeeze it in - if there isn't, they'll stock it on the Red Button.

Nice to hear from you MP. :t::) :)

Lol apologies i had to respond to puerility and an all too typical response on here consisting of nothing constructive or counter-argumentative instead a mere hurling of a one word derogatory reply. In fact the reply was truly 'baffling'!

i'm guessing i've fortunately missed a winter of misery and discontent on here where most of the threads have consisted of personal vendettas etc attacking anything but the post and honing in on the posters.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Mp if you think the forum is that bad why did you come back?! Do us a favour and go back into hibernation instead of attacking the forum as a whole?!

• Like 4