British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

No Gps On Sky Television Next Year?

I have been advised by my son that there will be NO Speedway GPS on SKY next year according to Twitter.

I have been advised by my son that there will be NO Speedway GPS on SKY next year according to Twitter.

My son has just told me the Titanic has sunk

• Like 1

I have been thinking for months of getting rid of sky our bill now is just too much not great value.I really only watch the football and speedway and other stuff i get on the laptop.We have only kept it because my two kids said no, maybe this will sway it.Does this mean now British speedway won't have to bow down too the GP series? I will miss it but it is not the end of the world might be able to get regular streams from somewhere.

I'd never really considered the Sky monthly payment to be too bad until, with Speedway's future in question, I took a proper look at the bill and actually thought about it.

£65pcm = £780 per year = :o

Not that Twitter is the most trustworthy of sources but methinks the onerous task of trying to cancel Sky will soon be attempted....

I'd never really considered the Sky monthly payment to be too bad until, with Speedway's future in question, I took a proper look at the bill and actually thought about it.

£65pcm = £780 per year = :o

Yep, and the prices still went up this year. Sky Sports is no longer worthwhile if you're not interested in football, and there seem be free steams on the Internet where you can watch it anyway... :blink:

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

My son has just told me the Titanic has sunk

Ahh!!

THAT'S where it went.........................................I always wondered. :shock: :shock: :blink:

was slightly thinking of sponsoring a bit in gp next year, not worth it now with no TV.

THE door still isn't fully closed although it is not looking good as far as Sky and the GPs are concerned, nor for domestic speedway in 2014. However, other irons remain in the SGP fire although no one would deny that Sky is the preferred option.

Yep, no GP speedway will result in at least 3 people i know leaving Sky. I think they underestimate losing Speedway from Sky will have on there subscriber base.

If the gps are dropped by sky, then we will be dropping sky.. next season could be the most exciting series in years with all the young riders being brought in to the series.. I mainly watch the football and speedway on sky sports, if gps are dropped im not wasting 50 odd euro a month on a couple football games, sky seem to be putting a lot of money into f1, which I can't stand..

Yep, no GP speedway will result in at least 3 people i know leaving Sky. I think they underestimate losing Speedway from Sky will have on there subscriber base.

Got to consider that they pay a reputed £1,000,000 a year to the BSPA for the rights to televise the EL. They then spend quite a large amount for filming/editing each meeting.

Advertising revenue when Speedway is televised is probably relatively low too.

They'd need to lose well over 1,500 full-fee paying subscribers per year before any decision to drop EL Speedway would have any adverse business impact.

EDIT: just realised this topic is specific to GP racing :oops: Oops

Edited by Tkdandy

I am delighted to say I have never watched anything on Sky other than Speedway!

No Speedway on Sky = Cancellation of Subscription!

They'd need to lose well over 1,500 full-fee paying subscribers per year before any decision to drop EL Speedway would have any adverse business impact.

EDIT: just realised this topic is specific to GP racing :oops: Oops

Here's one more household towards the 1,500

Edited by Star Lady

Make sure you tell them the reason you are dropping SKY when cancelling.

I did, when I told them my package didn't cover all the sport channels and I only want it for the speedway anyway. As it was I only ever got to watch one maybe two gp's and the odd league meeting. They then said "You only want it for the what sir?", I said "speedway", he then repeated "the what sir?"