British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

No Gps On Sky Television Next Year?

I have SKY HD, Broadband, Multi Room, SKY talk and the complete package movies sports etc Which costs me less than £60.00 per month. How? I e-mailed the CEO of SKY and told him I was moving to Virgin!

Yeh, but that won't be indefinately will it. That will be for a limited amount of time, then you will go back to full cost...

Yeh, but that won't be indefinately will it. That will be for a limited amount of time, then you will go back to full cost...

It's for a year and then I will do it all over again.

It's for a year and then I will do it all over again.

I think you'l find its for 6 months,And then they will tell you you can't do that anymore Then you will have no choice but to either stump up or jack..

Edited by Starman2006

I think you'l find its for 6 months,And then they will tell you you can't do that anymore Then you will have no choice but to either stump up or jack..

Really? So you know more about my deal with SKY than I do? Priceless! You've come out with some rubbish in the past but this tops it all. Fool.

Really? So you know more about my deal with SKY than I do? Priceless! You've come out with some rubbish in the past but this tops it all. Fool.

Right though, arn't i!!!

Right though, arn't i!!!

No you are not. It's for a year.

Christ, you make SteveDumb look intelligent.

• Like 3

I understand that a colleague of mine has endured pretty much annual 'cancellation' calls with a favourable outcome each time. Perhaps if you have the inclination to do this their cancellations dept are still empowered to negotiate repeated sweeteners.

Personally i detest how difficult Sky make any reduction in package- whereas additions can easily be sorted online. This may well be effective for maintaining profits but it doesnt half leave a sour taste.

Edited by Tkdandy
  • Like 1

One would hope that if BSI cannot sort out a uk host broadcaster for the SGP they will arrange for some kind of pay-per view streaming through their website for those who want to watch.

It would be a travesty if BSI are not able to do something to ensure that the many British fans who have supported their product for so long are not able to watch the sport's premier competition.

One would hope that if BSI cannot sort out a uk host broadcaster for the SGP they will arrange for some kind of pay-per view streaming through their website for those who want to watch.

It would be a travesty if BSI are not able to do something to ensure that the many British fans who have supported their product for so long are not able to watch the sport's premier competition.

Pay for View - you must be kidding. SKY and in my case Virgin are expensive enough as it is. Pay for View for Speedway, and they will lose my custom. I'm not paying for something I am paying too much for already. :angry: :angry:

No you are not. It's for a year.

Christ, you make SteveDumb look intelligent.

Yeh ok, i believe you!!! :lol:

Yeh ok, i believe you!!! :lol:

Have you actually been diagnosed with something or are you just stupid?

Have you actually been diagnosed with something or are you just stupid?

:rofl:

Pay for View - you must be kidding. SKY and in my case Virgin are expensive enough as it is. Pay for View for Speedway, and they will lose my custom. I'm not paying for something I am paying too much for already. :angry: :angry:

But Sky don't have the contract and it looks more likely it isn't going to be picked up by them either. I can't cancel Sky because of EL coverage. If it is pay to watch a website feed of the SGP or nothing then people would at least have the choice over what to do. I would pay.

With Eurosport jumping on the new European championships, one would imagine that they're simply waiting for sky to show their cards before hopping on the rights to the SGP. I'm (for once) quite optimistic that this is going to be the case.

I have just come off the phone(40 mins) from Sky and said I wish to cancel all my subscriptions due to there not being any GP's on this year. They offered me a reduction from £58.60 to £35.00 for 6 months which I accepted . I take all channels except Film.

She also told me that Sky would be doing live league Speedway from England on Monday night's, .live speedway from Sweden on tuesday night's and live Speedway from Denmark on Wednesday night's. I made her go through it twice to confirm that this is correct. So there might be more Speedway on Sky sports next season than this year.