British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

No Gps On Sky Television Next Year?

I'm reserving some judgment of Eurosport. Being 3am there was never a chance of clashing. Wait to see what happens when it over runs and another live event is scheduled after. At least with Sky a clash could be moved to the red button option

I think we are seeing an end of an era SGP and World Cup are now with British Eurosport for at least 3 years the EL is still being shown on Sky Sports but i cant see them renewing the contract to show EL 2014 ? Unless its with a ball Sky don't seem interested I just hope the powers that be are NOW trying to sort out a new TV contract for the EL 2014 it needs sorting ASAP because with out a TV contract the EL will all that be dead as we know it .

I'm reserving some judgment of Eurosport. Being 3am there was never a chance of clashing. Wait to see what happens when it over runs and another live event is scheduled after. At least with Sky a clash could be moved to the red button option

have to agree there no clash at 3am as you say no problem prime time Saturday night could be a big problem .

.........Unless its with a ball Sky don't seem interested.........

Sky F1 Channel would rather contradict that theory. Sky will always be interested in showing sport that has a broad public appeal, and attracts premium advertising.

There is Eurosport 2.

There is Eurosport 2.

:rofl: Can't believe you just said that. The GP's are live a peak times. Most often both Eurosport channels show live sport on a Saturday evenings and I genuinely fear for the Speedway if and when it over runs.

:rofl: Can't believe you just said that. The GP's are live a peak times. Most often both Eurosport channels show live sport on a Saturday evenings and I genuinely fear for the Speedway if and when it over runs.

.............. again - we must wait and see. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

Eurosport are off to an EXCELLENT start though. :t::approve: :approve:

• Like 1

I think we are seeing an end of an era SGP and World Cup are now with British Eurosport for at least 3 years the EL is still being shown on Sky Sports but i cant see them renewing the contract to show EL 2014 ? Unless its with a ball Sky don't seem interested I just hope the powers that be are NOW trying to sort out a new TV contract for the EL 2014 it needs sorting ASAP because with out a TV contract the EL will all that be dead as we know it .

have to agree there no clash at 3am as you say no problem prime time Saturday night could be a big problem .

Apart from the seperate channel for F1 - although it did appear that Webber might have had Vettel by the balls when he spoke to him - does that count?