British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

(poll) Will You Cancel Skysports If The Speedway Gp Isn't Shown?

Sky package finally cancelled after raising sufficient enthusiasm to endure the expected lengthy phone conversation. Surprisingly the call only took 10 minutes (although suspiciously was terminated whilst on-hold awaiting the operator to complete the cancellation). Also surprising was the fact that no further questions were asked after I cited the reason for my cancellation to be the cessation of the Speedway GP coverage.

Maybe enough have cancelled to warrant this now being a recognised reason?

Either that or this particular operator couldn't be bothered fully qualifying the reason..

Edited by Tkdandy

I cancelled a month ago and from december enjoy the rest of sky TV but my bill has gone down by over £20 a month.

Will i have Sky sports without Speedway NO way

I start my sky sports in March and cancel at the end of the season have done this for a few years

Gives me my speedway fix for the week if i cant get to a meeting so for me no sky sports no sky

customer

• Like 1

For all TRUE speedway fans, the world does not revolve around just the GP's.

There are also plenty of other sports to watch apart from speedway.

The question seems to be aimed at speedway fans who watch only the GP, and have no other interest in sport. Don't think there is many of those about.

The question seems to be aimed at speedway fans who watch only the GP, and have no other interest in sport. Don't think there is many of those about.

i would agree with this that there is not just GP to watch, but if you look at the GPs from last year it was so exciting. If you only have sky then you have just EL and the handful of PL races. There were some good meetings in the EL over the season but if I was just a sky customer then I would be looking forward to more GP and the weekend then EL on Mon night. With other sport it just doesn’t interest me with what sky have to offer. SO I can understand what people write on here about cancelling there Sky if Sky don’t show the GP

Sorry, but I'm one of them.

I cancelled Sky Sports at the end of the season as I just do not watch Sports other than Speedway enough to justify the expense.

I would have considered reinstating in March if the GPs were covered.

But the EL coverage for the last couple of years has been too poor on on it's own.

• Like 1

Sorry, but I'm one of them.

I cancelled Sky Sports at the end of the season as I just do not watch Sports other than Speedway enough to justify the expense.

I would have considered reinstating in March if the GPs were covered.

But the EL coverage for the last couple of years has been too poor on on it's own.

yep very poor on its own the EL, shows speedway in a bad light and a good reason sky dropped it. another example of speedway taking the money, not investing it in speedway and showing a very poor product.

Has it been officially announced that SKY don't show the GPs anymore, or is this still only rumours?

No, but it's gone VERY quiet on the subject!

Waste of time, most who say they will cancel will either have no intention of doing or will change their mind when it comes to it

Precisely.

If anyone is seriously subscribing to Sky only for speedway coverage then they're paying a ridiculous amount for it.

I called, explained wasn't happy the GP's were dropped and got a reduction in what I was paying. Happy to keep as enjoy other sports/programmes than just speedway on there.

Incidentally, there are also sports shown which I am not a fan off, but I don't feel the need to abuse them as some seem to do on here.

If the GPs are not shown I will not re start the sports package ,yes I love tennis and like my footie BUT I am not prepared to pay what I consider a lot of money every month for those sports. The EL and some PL I am sure will be shown but the speedway on display IN MY opinion is poor. Really hope the GPs are shown live by someone. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Possibly the wrong place to ask this but I noticed earlier that somebody subscribed to Premier sports to watch the swedish league?

Please explain, this has caught my interest. Is it another sky channel or an online service?

Possibly the wrong place to ask this but I noticed earlier that somebody subscribed to Premier sports to watch the swedish league?

Please explain, this has caught my interest. Is it another sky channel or an online service?

Live Swedish league on Tuesdays 6.15pm. Sky Channel 428 or streamed on line £10 a month either way I believe.

Info here http://www.premiersports.tv/