British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

(poll) Will You Cancel Skysports If The Speedway Gp Isn't Shown?

Factually incorrect, letters are sent to every subscriber who has not opted for e mail as their preferred method of contact, but don't let that get in the way of your dislike of sky tv.

So mr Sky from Edinbourgh, it seems the majority on here are going to cancel Their Sky subscriptions because we have no GP's this year. I don't have a dislike of Sky, but you certainly have a general consensus on here now!!

I have just got the bill for my mobile phone call to Sky to cancel my subscription which they nearly halved for six months. The cost for 38 minutes was £9.84.. Sky don't miss a trick do they

Edited by mickthemuppet

I have just got the bill for my mobile phone call to Sky to cancel my subscription which they nearly halved for six months. The cost for 38 minutes was £9.84.. Sky don't miss a trick do they

Nope....

I have been on half price deal with them for 18 months now, so I wont cancel unless they try to start charging full price again. Shame they are not showing it, another thread is suggesting Eurosport might be showing a highlights package. For what it's worth I am not a great fan of any of sky's coverage of any live sport, it's all to dragged out and and hyped up, (moley being a classic example "), I know it's horses for courses and some people like it that way, but for me I just want to see a sports event not an entertainment show.

Not a Sky subscriber, but will still go to the pub for GP's if there is coverage. other wise is online streaming

Presumably Sky are just not bidding for the Live GP coverage?! They could still be interested in a highlights package, surely. As stated before they are going to need some GP footage to 'pad out' some of the EL coverage!!

I like many on the forum said I only have sky sport for the speedway season and have done for a few years

think its because I am a die hard fan lol.We are not big sports fans just love our speedway so the cost in the

speedway off season is not worth it.

Having said that I will have sky sport if only for the EL and sky have given me a deal half price sport for 6 months

that I hope will cover the season [not too many rain offs]you can,t beat going to a meeting but speedway on sky is

a fix when we can,t

So if it is the last year on sky lets just all enjoy it and hopefully some great racing

I rang Sky on another matter yesterday and asked about the speedway GPs, to be told not to worry they have their own dedicated channel!

I rang Sky on another matter yesterday and asked about the speedway GPs, to be told not to worry they have their own dedicated channel!

Shows how insignificant speedway is really, she (or he) clearly links GPs with Formula 1

I wont cancel because I like other sports and all the other channels so I would be disapointed with no GPs but not enough to cancel.

Try the website "saynoto0870"

It provides 01/02/03 telephone numbers for pretty much all the companies that only advertise the 0870 numbers (and includes Sky), which means you can ring them using your included minutes.

They do a mobile app for Blackberrys and would be surprised if their wasn't one for iPhones and others.

• Like 1

Just cancelled my Sky Sports subscription and stated lack of Live Speedway GP's as my reason for cancelling. Offered me all the discount packages and said that I must phone to complete the deal !!! I stated I was out of the country and could only communicate via e-mail so they gave up and it took about 30 seconds online to complete necessary information.

Thats a few less £££ from me they will get.

If I still lived in the UK I wouldn't be cancelling. It's annoying for sure but I like football, F1, NFL, cricket, rugby union and darts to name a few things I would be watching. I wouldn't have ever paid the £20 or so a month it was just for one sport I don't think. With the GPs gone it's a shame but I'm also a fan of UK ice hockey and Sky flirted with that before choosing not to air it, it didn't make me want to ditch Sky though. I love the Speedway GPs but unfortunately it's just not a huge viewer winner.

As our Sky bill seems to go up each month we all sat down and analysed what we actually watched on an average week. It was surprising that most of the things we viewed would be available on Freeview.

The only things we do watch tend to be the Football (mostly the Monday night game and midweek games). If you break this down a lot of European games that Sky show are also on terrestrial TV so although we would miss it I don't think it would be too bad as if anything you are bombarded with Football on Sky and if anything you watch some of it purely because it is on.

During the Summer the only Sport that Sky show that interests me is Speedway. If that were to go we would almost certainly cancel. Not only that we also have our Telephone and Broadband with them so we would most probably also shop around for that as I am sure/know that we can certainly get a better deal elsewhere.

Or we will certainly cancel between the months of May,June,July & August.

Edited by a4poster
  • Like 1

As our Sky bill seems to go up each month we all sat down and analysed what we actually watched on an average week. It was surprising that most of the things we viewed would be available on Freeview.

The only things we do watch tend to be the Football (mostly the Monday night game and midweek games). If you break this down a lot of European games that Sky show are also on terrestrial TV so although we would miss it I don't think it would be too bad as if anything you are bombarded with Football on Sky and if anything you watch some of it purely because it is on.

During the Summer the only Sport that Sky show that interests me is Speedway. If that were to go we would almost certainly cancel. Not only that we also have our Telephone and Broadband with them so we would most probably also shop around for that as I am sure/know that we can certainly get a better deal elsewhere.

Or we will certainly cancel between the months of May,June,July & August.

Er, none of the European games shown live on SKY are shown on terrestrial TV.