British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

(poll) Will You Cancel Skysports If The Speedway Gp Isn't Shown?

Just renewed my contract with Sky, so no i will not be cancelling, besides still got the elite league to watch (for this season anyway).

I always swap sports for movies in the Speedway off season. Will now just be cancelling the movies as I think the sky sports subscription is too high for just EL coverage and there are so many repeats on the movie channel that it makes more sense to use the on demand service for any particular movie we want to watch.

For me personally the GP's are far more enjoyable than the majority of league meetings. I will miss the EL coverage but not enough to justify the outlay and Eurosport and Motors already show the majority of the sports I want to watch.

If only we had had the announcement months ago I could have saved a few pounds by downgrading my package earlier.

Pleasantly surprised that it took only 6 minutes on the phone including the short queue to talk to a person; she didn't bother to ask which sports were no longer on Sky that I had wanted to watch.

Unlike some other members of the forum I wouldn't have kept it for the EL/PL coverage ; they are just individual meetings ie my 4 guests + RR + NL reserve versus someone else's similar selection.

Speedway will always be a joke in this country until we use the same format as everyone else - no ******* guests ever.

I will still subscribe to Sky Sports for the Elite League meetings, if however Eurosport took over showing them next year then i would seriouslt think of cancelling. I do not think Sky will show speedway after this year as the people cancelling now will reduce viewing figures even more. Whether Eurosport take over will depend on viewing figures of the GPs.

Where the GPs they are just buying a feed with the Elite League it is not so easy as their own camera and production crews have to be set up at a large number of differen tracks. i think at many tracks Sky has the wiring permanently plumbed in and it is just a matter of connecting up

You seem to be missing the point. Its about audience figures for live speedway (and live sport in general)on different nights. Sky have enough live sport for a Saturday evening. However Mondays, when audiences are much higher for EL meetings, are a very different matter.

That said, the BSPA and Sky still need to work together to get a better EL package for that audience.