British Speedway Forum
stratton

All Time Swindon Robins 1/7 ?

What are the Robins best all-time 1/7 line up.? Here goes (no order) Briggo, Crump,Ashby,Adams,Kilby,Broadbanks,White. my favourite 7 are( no order)Briggo, Wellie, Crumpie, Leigh, Killer, Crash,Hitch a mention also for mad dog? Shawn McConnell great value!!

Don't forget Jimmy Nilsen or Ian Williams...

Steve

Briggo Adams Crump Ashby Broady Kilby Autrey

Briggo, Adams, Ashby, Broadbanks, Brett (Brian), Crump (Phil), Kilby.

I think, if I were a Swindon Supporter - that Team would do for me. :t::approve:

Edited by The White Knight

Briggo, Adams, Ashby, Broadbanks, Brett (Brian), Crump (Phil), Kilby.

Good call with Brian Brett...

Steve

Therefore:

Barry Briggs

Leigh Adams

Jason Crump

Phil Crump

Bob Roger

Martin Ashby

Mike Broadbank

Sorted!

Jason Crump one of my favourite ever riders,couldn't have him in because he only rode for 40 matches 10.50 average for that reason alone couldn't have him in front of Kilby.Same as Autrey a great rider only had the pleasure of seeing him for one season only as well.

• Like 1

Great number ones:

Phil Crump

Martin Ashby

Leigh Adams

Swindon Legend:

Bob Kilby

Greatest Entertainers:

Shawn McConnell

Andrew Silver

That's 6 that pick themselves for me. Picking the 7th is not so easy. Briggo? A total legend but before my time so it would be cheating to say him. Autrey is always more associated with Exeter for me. Jason Crump was just one season, but a major signing as it concided with dropping dow to the second tier. Very much in tune with Sidney with these.

So difficult to pick a seventh - one more rider that stands out above the others that remain from my own personal experiences.

Jimmy Nilsen perhaps? Yes. I'll go with Jimmy as my 7th rider but might change my mind later. Or Brian Leonard, because he used to have a shop near me, his ex-wife is my mum's cleaner and he bought my book. :)

1. Per Sorensen

2. Jimmy Nilsen

3. Tony Langdon

4. Bob Kilby

5. Leigh Adams

6. The late David Smart

7. Kevin Smart

All the best

Rob

1. Per Sorensen

Leave ittttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!! :)

1. Martin Ashby

2. Geoff Bouchard

3. Jan Andersson

4. Bob Kilby

5. Leigh Adams

6. Norman Hunter

7. Clive Hitch

Thats more of a favourite team...Norman Hunter at reserve could at least lift share with Geoff Bouchard, (like the old days!!)....Hitchy for his 'dive bombing' up the inside....(how often is that seen at Blunsdon nowadays) Kilby for his gating (even though he never moved at the start, he would be pulled back by the ref everytime these days...anticipation is punished)

Not sure what happened to my font half way through!

1. Martin Ashby

2. Geoff Bouchard

3. Jan Andersson

4. Bob Kilby

5. Leigh Adams

6. Norman Hunter

7. Clive Hitch

Thats more of a favourite team...Norman Hunter at reserve could at least lift share with Geoff Bouchard, (like the old days!!)....Hitchy for his 'dive bombing' up the inside....(how often is that seen at Blunsdon nowadays) Kilby for his gating (even though he never moved at the start, he would be pulled back by the ref everytime these days...anticipation is punished)

Not sure what happened to my font half way through!

You baptising someone then? :wink::shock::rofl: :rofl:

Clive Hitch was my favourite, unsung hero with the likes of local lads Mad Wellie, Keener, and Pete Munday, great clubmen, not seen in speedway now.