British Speedway Forum

Not a great GP at all. Only decent race was heat 20. Gollob gifted Hampel the win by picking gate 2. Madness. Ward looked good but messed up the semi off the gate. Gate 4 a joke all meeting. About 2 wins in 23 races. Not a great crowd either. Looked smaller than last year.Next year the last down under?

Bloody El Steve, who's upset you... Yep Darcy made a mistake off gate one in the semi, which had been working well all day. But there's a hell of a long way to go, things will get better and he will learn from the experience. Its an open year and nothing will come easy, not even for our boys..

Garbage GP. Only plus points were a podium for Nicki and no screaming and shouting.

Must admit I like the commentary style of the Aussies. :t:

still got the same oooohs and aaaaahs and whooooooaaaaaas though so no change there then,But it was well covered, well done Eurosport. :t:
  • Like 1

Well done Jarek (my tip for champ)

Can we still claim this as a Witches 1- 2?

Not a Pedersen fan but you have to respect a performance where he looked like a rolling roadblock at times but still finishes on the rostrum.

• Like 2

Really pleased to see Hampel win.

Thought the coverage was better than sky. Commentary really good, shame it was just for one week

• Like 2

Must admit I like the commentary style of the Aussies. :t:

Kasbo's starting to show some ticker. :D

Hope we get World feed the rest ofthe season, thought it worked well with the commentators and then just the one VoiceOver guy duringnthe breaks, much better than Sky choosing what we see....

Have to agree with Shovlar. Not a good GP with only 3 or 4 decent races. Poor commentary and poor camera work throughout.

Hampel makes one of the meetings rare passes over Emil and nobody even saw it.

And as for them harping on that Emil could affect the semis when he only had 4pts. Even when they were lining up for heat 19, they kept going on about Emil...and he wasnt even in the race.

So glad I recorded it.

'WOLFY WINS and the union jacks are up! The pommies are going mad!' - I was cracking up!

Really enjoyed the commentary and not an (English) cliché in sight!

Edit: F*ck me some people are never happy - you all finally got rid of Pearson and you're still moaning - AT LEAST IT WAS ON TELLY! Get real.

Edited by obrien48
  • Like 5

Was not a great meeting but did enjoy it, the coverage i thought was decent to be honest just grateful to see it.

• Like 1

Same as last year, Gate 4 is a long way away from the curb on the turn 1 so thats why its got no chance, even when they gated well from there they had to cut back to get anywhere close! Gaters Paradise to be frank...Tai did really well, his heat when he was in gate 1 fell nicely and put him on 7 and was almost through! Heat 18 was a good one with Tai in a Champion Sandwich!

Ward Fantastic to watch, how he missed the other rider was an art form of brilliance...Hampel had a point to prove and did it well! Earnt his wildcard place after being unlucky last year.

Lindback, Vaculick and Emil were my ones to watch but just couldnt mix it at all... Looking to be a good Season...Riders were taking points all over the shop!

• Like 1

Have to agree with Shovlar. Not a good GP with only 3 or 4 decent races. Poor commentary and poor camera work throughout.

Hampel makes one of the meetings rare passes over Emil and nobody even saw it.

And as for them harping on that Emil could affect the semis when he only had 4pts. Even when they were lining up for heat 19, they kept going on about Emil...and he wasnt even in the race.

So glad I recorded it.

i think you fast forwarded the action and watched the adverts....no it wasn't a great meeting but it was a good one....commentary and camera work were both more than ok...we should be just glad it's on tv at all..I made the effort to get up and watch live and i didn't feel i wasted my time or short changed.

A disappointing start to the GP season for me.

Three decent races and twenty processions. Gate 1 ridiculously better than the rest. Same old faces getting to the final. Track far to slick. Referee getting the two decision he had to make wrong (although I admit that neither was clear cut).

Good start for Woffinden though, hopefully he can build on that. Thought the commentary team were very good, and I'll know next time that HD is channel 410 and not 412 :D

• Like 2