British Speedway Forum

There will be cutbacks in coverage for darts,Snooker, Rugby union ,show jumping,ten pin bowlingand imported programmes from the US.

But as has has happened with Greyhounds coverage the door is never bolted shut and can be reopened if terms change.

Sorry if I've missed it, but has the NZ wild card been announced yet?

my guess it will be announced this week, might be Tuesday

my guess it will be announced this week, might be Tuesday

Kiwi, has anything been announced about the coverage? Even if Sky don't televise it, is there any way we might be able to watch it?

Edited by Jacques

Kiwi, has anything been announced about the coverage? Even if Sky don't televise it, is there any way we might be able to watch it?

Jacques, you can always stream it from the official site or from one of the other TV broadcasters!!

ps. Isn't it about time you changed your signature?? You might upset your Number 1 this season!!! :P

Might know more tomorrow, waiting to find out myself

• Like 1

Jacques, you can always stream it from the official site or from one of the other TV broadcasters!!

ps. Isn't it about time you changed your signature?? You might upset your Number 1 this season!!! :P

Signature looks fine to me :D

There will be cutbacks in coverage for darts,Snooker, Rugby union ,show jumping,ten pin bowlingand imported programmes from the US.

But as has has happened with Greyhounds coverage the door is never bolted shut and can be reopened if terms change.

With regards to the sports you mention,it looks from the outside as if Sky are actually increasing their coverage of rugby and darts.A new deal has been signed to further increase coverage of the Autumn internationals and darts are expanding the size of its Premier league to 10 players over 16 weeks to sit alongside the 6 tournaments it covers live already.Darts is revelling in everything speedway doesn't have,sell out crowds,bulging sponsorship,improving product.rapidly increasing prize money and healthy viewing figures,cant see Sky wanting to detach itself with the sport growing so rapidly.As for snooker Sky only has a small stake with only 2 tournaments,snooker has 2 existing contracts with BBC and Eurosport,and can survive without Sky.Sky have the reputation of going after the sports they want hard(formula 1) and leaving the rest what they don't(6 nations rugby as an example).As for U.S sport a new contract for NBA has been stuck alongside the current NFL contract.If speedway is to be lumped with the other sports of ten pin bowling and show jumping then things are desperate. Personally I like watching the GP coverage although I don't think the current Elite league fare shows the sport in a great light,lets hope it doesn't have a negative effect on the GP deal and Sky still consider speedway desirable,so a new deal can be done .

New Science- There will 1 or 2 less Darts events on Sky in the next 12 months and its not just events being cut its the production costs as well with a few less cameras next season for Rugby and championship/league football

NZ SGP is being televised and will be shown on local tv delayed coverage. Unsure of what that means worldwide.

My guess it will be available as pay per view on speedwaygp.com site if Sky or any British channel doesn't pick it up.

Jason Bunyan is the wildcard

Sean Mason And Dale Finch are reserves

didn't get told anything official but reading between the lines yes same as last year. As "The Dirt" is shown on Sky (NZ) I guess it will be the same.

Jason Bunyan is the wildcard

have to say i have mixed feelings about that - i think bunyan was the right choice last year, and if bill buckley thinks it will help the gate this year then fair enough, hes the one who has fronted the cash to bring the gp here.

But tbh - and i realise as a kiwi this may be treasonous - i think i would rather be going to see batch in the number 16 race jacket than bunyan

Edited by waihekeaces1