British Speedway Forum

.....awaiting outraged protest from the new Aussie Champion!!!!!!! :party:

perhaps he should have thought a bit cleverer and done the NZ Champs as well

perhaps he should have thought a bit cleverer and done the NZ Champs as well

good point. what are the elegibility requirements to enter, or is it an "open" meeting?

Winning the NZ Champs doesn't automatically give a wildcard entry. Would be easier just to have an OZ GP, anyone willing to risk a few million dollars?

Any info on speedway racing in the Auckland area on the sunday after the GP?

EDIT:

Ah, there will be a sidecar meeting at Rosebank speedway :) that's cool.

Edited by DutchGrasstrack

have to say i have mixed feelings about that - i think bunyan was the right choice last year, and if bill buckley thinks it will help the gate this year then fair enough, hes the one who has fronted the cash to bring the gp here.

But tbh - and i realise as a kiwi this may be treasonous - i think i would rather be going to see batch in the number 16 race jacket than bunyan

BSI saving money again i see :D Think my little one on her crf 50 would get as many points as him. Was a joke last year but just plane taking the -iss now :rofl:

LIKE it or not, the locals (those most likely to pay to get in) see Bunyan as their champion and love him even he is likely to trail round at the back. Given the Kiwis attitude to their antipodean cousins across the water, how many people would Batchelor pull in? Commercial... of course. It was Buckley's decision and as the man signing the cheques then I guess his opinion carries most weight.

LIKE it or not, the locals (those most likely to pay to get in) see Bunyan as their champion and love him even he is likely to trail round at the back. Given the Kiwis attitude to their antipodean cousins across the water, how many people would Batchelor pull in? Commercial... of course. It was Buckley's decision and as the man signing the cheques then I guess his opinion carries most weight.

Bit like F1 then, crap but comes with a bit of cash so you get a go. When we sponsored the sgp i should of got all sorts of riders a go then or maybe lined up myself. its meant to be the cream of the sport not bring in no hopers.

its meant to be the cream of the sport not bring in no hopers.

When did that happen then?

I musta been in a coma that year and missed it

YOU may have sponsored a GP but I doubt whether you picked up all the bills. Not one of your better posts Andy...

not one of your better posts either then Phil. so as he is paying he can choose rubbish riders ? Na not good for the sport, never has been and never will ! If he chooses to host an event that loses money that down to him.

I saw someone said available as PPV on the official website, I thought last year they showed the GPs for free? Or was it location based? I'm in Finland so it was most useful for me!

Nice that he's willing to risk his own money, the norm in the UK is to loose other peoples money, and take the glory. Buckley could buy the whole of UK speedway out of petty cash, including the SStar, large amounts of the old green eyed monster around it seems, probably because he runs his own ship and can't be dictated too.

If you don't like the way he runs it, simple, don't watch it.

• Like 1

Nice that he's willing to risk his own money

Maybe, but whilst philanthropy is admirable, I wouldn't be willing to lose my money to enrich a commercial company without sharing in the returns.

• Like 1

Nice that he's willing to risk his own money, the norm in the UK is to loose other peoples money, and take the glory. Buckley could buy the whole of UK speedway out of petty cash, including the SStar, large amounts of the old green eyed monster around it seems, probably because he runs his own ship and can't be dictated too.

If you don't like the way he runs it, simple, don't watch it.

ya cant as its not on tv :D