British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crazysue

Aussie Champs January 2013

How does the points scoring work this year - total points or place points ?

Place points....

1st 20 points 5th 15 points 9th 11 13th 6

2nd 18 points 6th 14 points 10th 10 14th 4

3rd 17 points 7th 13 points 11th 9 15th 3

4th 16 points 8th 12 points 12th 7 16th 2

Place points....

1st 20 points 5th 15 points 9th 11 13th 6

2nd 18 points 6th 14 points 10th 10 14th 4

3rd 17 points 7th 13 points 11th 9 15th 3

4th 16 points 8th 12 points 12th 7 16th 2

Thanks.

Well done Rohan.

Congratulations to Troy "The Tiger" Batchelor, Jason "The Jetman" Doyle and "Rocket" Rohan Tungate. My mate at the scene says it was a great event. It is good to see Rocket going so well. This bloke could be something very special.

Round 2 at Undera will really test the riders as it is a tricky type of track.

I'll be heading down to Victoria for this round. It's only a 9 hour drive. Let's hope there is no more of this 40 degree plus madness. Today, max temp was 41.5 C. In Fahrenheit, that is 107.

Good to see The Robins duo top 2. Bruv, who lives in Adelaide, was chatting to Batch and the Sedgemens. Leigh Adams was also there.

Edited by keef lemon

Had a look at the qualifier and my first look at young Fricke.

I can see where the references to Leigh Adams lookalike comes in , looks very similar on the bike.

Doesnt move around a lot but very effective, and looks like he can come from behind as well.

On first view and i havent seen a lot of the other 16, 17 years olds he certainly has the potentual to be the next big aussie, pardon the pun as hes only a little tacker.

Chopper

Watty and Masters in 'B' final altercation. Watty wins but does not take his 'A' final place. Mmmmm interesting!!

Watty and Masters in 'B' final altercation. Watty wins but does not take his 'A' final place. Mmmmm interesting!!

Apparently an engine blowing on the way to the start line for the final, nothing to do with what happened before. The 'altercation' was not really anything, over before it started and didn't involve fisticuffs, not much more than a few words.

• Like 1

The B Final was something else. Dave "The Dynamo" Watt was fourth after the first turn and still won the race. It was in the first turn that Sideways Sam and The Dynamo got very well acquainted. On the slow down lap, I did see some gestures from Sam and I don't think they had a lot to do with congratulations. It was one of the best races of the night and Davey showed what a great talent he is.

We used to call my little brother Five Watt. He wasn't very bright.

• Like 1