British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MattK

Ukspeedwayseries

The mcf are now running a lot of the big mx and racing events in uk now they are a different federation more modern bringing it into the 20th century and run in competion with the acu/ sacu so can't see the SCB or the acu liking it but can't really do much about it and could mabe see a few more events being run by they a lot cheaper for clubs and riders

The mcf are now running a lot of the big mx and racing events in uk now they are a different federation more modern bringing it into the 20th century and run in competion with the acu/ sacu so can't see the SCB or the acu liking it but can't really do much about it and could mabe see a few more events being run by they a lot cheaper for clubs and riders

I thought that part of a rider SCB/ACU license stipulated they could not ride unless a meeting was sanctioned by them? It's how the Poles stop their riders racing over here. riders need permission from their license holder to race elsewhere. Yes riders can race in this series but they'll be banned from racing in the EL, PL and NL won't they?

There was a long running dispute between the ACU and the AMCA many years ago about the ACU not letting their riders compete in other events. The outcome was that it was judged illegal and that riders could not have their licences withdrawn for competing with a different federation.

The mcf issue there own licence and in mx you ride with mcf licence in there events and acu events use acu licences but can get day licence to use in any of there events

Edited by mac101

Why are people assuming it's not been approved/sanctioned by the BSPA?

Sounds like a good idea. Be interesting to see what level it is aimed at, ie Premier League, Elite or both or even an opportunity to get the best in the world over who wouldn't normally want to commit to the British League. Gollob or Hancock anyone?

Edited by Deano

Sounds like a good idea. Be interesting to see what level it is aimed at, ie Premier League, Elite or both or even an opportunity to get the best in the world over who wouldn't normally want to commit to the British League. Gollob, Hancock or Crump anyone?

Crump? That certainly would be a coup. I would rather it was confined to riders who already ride here to be honest.

Crump? That certainly would be a coup. I would rather it was confined to riders who already ride here to be honest.

Yeah.. forgotten he'd retired though, so re-edited my post lol.

• Like 1

Sounds like a good idea. Be interesting to see what level it is aimed at, ie Premier League, Elite or both or even an opportunity to get the best in the world over who wouldn't normally want to commit to the British League. Gollob or Hancock anyone?

You would think that, from a marketing point of view, if they're using photos of PL riders then that would be the top level of riders they're looking at. I wouldn't use a photo of Simon Lambert to advertise a meeting with Gollob in it. No offence to Mr Lambert but you see my point.

Edited by Kester
  • Like 1