British Speedway Forum
Hunty

Uk Speedway Series

''16 Speedway Superstars will do battle for the inaugural UKSpeedwaySeries Title over 6 rounds on some of the UK's top Speedway circuits. Racers will contest 16 qualifying heat races throughout the evening, culminating in an exclusive to the UKSpeedwaySeries "Main Event".

The UKSpeedwaySeries promises to provide an action packed evening of entertainment packaged for Bike fans of all ages, offering a brand new and spectacular show for 2013!!! Upcoming Dates, Venues and Rider Roster will be unveiled in the very near future.''

Anyone heard anything of this! Seems a good idea but only if they get a high quality of riders and to be quite frank the website is very simple and cheap looking so im expecting it to be a premier league thing?

An annoucement is being made a 5pm tonight, on there Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ukspeedwayseries/473680072670000 and there website is http://www.ukspeedwayseries.com/

I have had some exchanges with one of their supporters/organisers, as I was querying that they, the riders and the tracks had the correct approval from the necessary federations/associations?!

Not sure of all the leaglities, but it seems to be authorised by the motocross federation?! Any riders taking part are being treated as 'self employed' and therefore not breaking any contract that they may have with any BSPA/SCB/ACU clubs!!! Apparantly.........?!

I believe they have already announced Leicester as one of the venues?! I await with interest....

Anything that gives young Brits an extra chance - great! But not sure if it will make money?!

My initial reaction when I saw the website was that this was linked to one of the many online fantasy speedway leagues, I still think it is.... ;)

UK Speedway Series is will be ran as a individual event 16 rider format over 6 rounds top points scorer taking the title at the end of the series!

Website: currently the website has the info that has been realeased and isn't the finished product!

Mean while all info on the UK Speedway Series can be found on facebook be simply searching ukspeedwayseries or by following them on twitter: @SpeedwaySeries

The UK Speedway Series will be ran through MC Fedeation who is one of the most forward thinking Motorsport federations here in the uk! Meaning the UK Speedway Series shall not have to be sanctioned by bspa,scb or acu!

The venue and dates for the 1st and 2nd rounds have been announced and I'm sure riders will be getting announced VERY soon!

Facebook: ukspeedwayseries

Twitter: @SpeedwaySeries

Web: www.ukspeedwayseries.com

I hope this helps

Jamie Robertson

My initial reaction when I saw the website was that this was linked to one of the many online fantasy speedway leagues, I still think it is.... ;)

I just hope you are wrong. Anything to encourage British Speedway Riders is to be applauded. :)

I suppose we must wait and see. :unsure: :unsure:

• Like 1

This is a fantastic opportunity for riders and fans alike to be part of something new I don't quite get why there is so many negative comments on it based on it being run on Tuesday nights obviously rules out the guys riding in Sweden but surely the organisers giving riders the opportunity to earn a little extra money can't be a bad thing and who says they rnt doing it for the love of the sport why not wait to see who will be on the rider roster before you pass comment. As for it being sanctioned by a motor cross federation this is un true it's the motor cycle federation do you really think they would sanction this without doing there home work I for one can't wait to see what happens with it.

As for it being sanctioned by a motor cross federation this is un true it's the motor cycle federation do you really think they would sanction this without doing there home work I for one can't wait to see what happens with it.

What's in a name? The Motor Cycle Federation was launched by two motocross fans who were disillusioned with the way their sport was going. It basically sets up and coordinates motocross meetings, dealing with paperwork and insurance, etc. Interesting to see it branch out into speedway. But whatever the merits or otherwise of the organisation, it's not exactly the FIM.

But whatever the merits or otherwise of the organisation, it's not exactly the FIM.

You say that as if it's a bad thing!

• Like 1

This is a fantastic opportunity for riders and fans alike to be part of something new I don't quite get why there is so many negative comments on it based on it being run on Tuesday nights obviously rules out the guys riding in Sweden but surely the organisers giving riders the opportunity to earn a little extra money can't be a bad thing and who says they rnt doing it for the love of the sport why not wait to see who will be on the rider roster before you pass comment. As for it being sanctioned by a motor cross federation this is un true it's the motor cycle federation do you really think they would sanction this without doing there home work I for one can't wait to see what happens with it.

Also rules out the Heathens as we ride of Tuesdays!

Anyone heard anything of this! Seems a good idea but only if they get a high quality of riders and to be quite frank the website is very simple and cheap looking so im expecting it to be a premier league thing?

An original method of prejudging something you evidently know nothing about, based on "the website looks cheap so I expect it to be Premier League based".

Is that opinion based on being a supporter of a third division side with a third rate online presence, courtesy of GoSpeed's pet monkey?

Apart from the odd PL rider on PL wages, there not a great deal the Heathens would bring to the table anyway.

Do you seriously think that any of them would be a priority for whoever is doing the selecting?