British Speedway Forum
Hunty

Uk Speedway Series

This is a fantastic opportunity for riders and fans alike to be part of something new I don't quite get why there is so many negative comments on it based on it being run on Tuesday nights obviously rules out the guys riding in Sweden but surely the organisers giving riders the opportunity to earn a little extra money can't be a bad thing and who says they rnt doing it for the love of the sport why not wait to see who will be on the rider roster before you pass comment. As for it being sanctioned by a motor cross federation this is un true it's the motor cycle federation do you really think they would sanction this without doing there home work I for one can't wait to see what happens with it.

I don't think its necessarily people being negative!! With limited information so far, as stated before, if it is going to benefit some Brits especially then I'm all for it - as long as it doesn't risk upsetting some of the other 'authorities', which could possibly lead to fines and even bans presumably?! eg what happens if a rider gets injured and cannot take his place in his contracted league team? etc etc.

An original method of prejudging something you evidently know nothing about, based on "the website looks cheap so I expect it to be Premier League based".

Is that opinion based on being a supporter of a third division side with a third rate online presence, courtesy of GoSpeed's pet monkey?

Apart from the odd PL rider on PL wages, there not a great deal the Heathens would bring to the table anyway.

If your going to do this series you have got to sell it and make it the best you can. In my opinon the website is proberbly the key selling point for this organisation because its doing all its promotion through the social media! The website looks terrible and you shouldnt judge a book by its cover but it is so simple these days to make a very snazy website that will attract alot more attention!

I under stand that Heathens wont bring alot to the table as is riders or wages but we have a very good support and I know alot of our fans travel simple as that really!

And theres nothing wrong with supporting a third tier side, we put most of the bigger clubs to shame with support from fans and to be quite frank once we have found a site (if it ever happens) for a new track then you could see us rise up the leagues.

• Like 3

this is great news for speedway riders. If you look at the format it looks like it is a GP format which in one’s eyes is great. The reason i think this is great because if you are a young rider and you are not at GP level this can help get use to the GP format if at a late stage you get into GP. The only down side at the moment i would say is they have not put which tracks they are using just the next 2 meetings. I know we are in Jan nearly Feb but it would be good to know what tracks. I think this would get more people interested.

this is great news for speedway riders. If you look at the format it looks like it is a GP format which in one’s eyes is great. The reason i think this is great because if you are a young rider and you are not at GP level this can help get use to the GP format if at a late stage you get into GP. The only down side at the moment i would say is they have not put which tracks they are using just the next 2 meetings. I know we are in Jan nearly Feb but it would be good to know what tracks. I think this would get more people interested.

Presumably they are looking at tracks that are non-speedway owned, are already used for other motorsports and do not have greyhounds!!

Website is update and live! www.ukspeedwayseries.com

3 riders added to the series

Ricky Ashworth

Kevin Doolan

Andrew Tully

Doolan, Tully and Ashworth confirmed for this.

I thought the publicity stated '16 Speedway Superstars'???!!!! :shock:

I'm a bit surprised there has been no announcements from Leicester and Rye House, or have I missed something?

Edited by Skidder1

Anyone know who is the leading light behind this series?

Anyone got a name? They seem to be very shy

All speedway riders are stars in some people's eyes!

What happens to people who run befor they can walk? ''they fall''

Let's get behind the UK Speedway Series and help them be a success!

2 venues and 3 riders have been released, so there is lots more info to be realeased on the series so keep a eye on them at:

Web: www.ukspeedwayseries.com

Facebook: UKSpeedwaySeries

Twitter: @SpeedwaySeries

Instagram: @SpeedwaySeries

I wonder why, something tells me this isn't all it's cracked up to be. Could this be another eating dust scenario? Buy in now big bo**cks now and then pu-u-uff? Hate to see initiatives pst on but where's the full page in the comic? The big interview? The ground breaking series launch? Oh BSF, Twitter and Facebook? Ri-i--i-i-i-ght. Really sorry to be negative but it just doesn't stack.

• Like 1

I wonder why, something tells me this isn't all it's cracked up to be. Could this be another eating dust scenario? Buy in now big bo**cks now and then pu-u-uff? Hate to see initiatives pst on but where's the full page in the comic? The big interview? The ground breaking series launch? Oh BSF, Twitter and Facebook? Ri-i--i-i-i-ght. Really sorry to be negative but it just doesn't stack.

get off your high horse and give the lads a chance
  • Like 1

Im pretty sure I know who's behind it, but does it matter?

Im pretty sure I know who's behind it, but does it matter?

Well - it would be interesting to know..................................................

Well - it would be interesting to know..................................................

Think there might be a Courtney involved somewhere, from what I've been told??!

• Like 1