British Speedway Forum
Hunty

Uk Speedway Series

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .

Quite clear you get the speedway you deserve. Enjoy it while it's losing cash by the lorry load and no one is really that interested in watching it.

I mean, it's good job they have cancelled. Promoters backed by a license organisation that after some growth get a global sponsor and a far larger fan base than any ACU licensed event. We don't want that do we, few, close call.

If speedway clubs are losing money each week, how does a couple of (ex superstar riders) ? think that a competition with basically second stringers and reserves going to attract loads of fans on a tuesday night is beyond me.

Walk four doors down your road and ask the person who answers the door to identify Darcy Ward or Joe Haines in the photo. Chances are they'll say "eh!" "who?" "Speedway?"

A superstar to me and you is not a superstar to Brian and Brenda Pissweed. We need more Brian and Brenda's to make the sport pay.

Edited by Deano
  • Like 3

...but then they probably couldn't name a motocross or enduro rider either, despite all the extra promotion the other federation are supposedly well known for!!!

Edited by Skidder1

Quite clear you get the speedway you deserve. Enjoy it while it's losing cash by the lorry load and no one is really that interested in watching it.

Well you must like it then , as this event would lost a lorry load of money and no one would have be interested in watching it .

Well you must like it then , as this event would lost a lorry load of money and no one would have be interested in watching it .

Makes you wonder why they stopped the clubs and riders having a bit of an earner at others expense then doesn't it?

Will be interesting to see if this is the end of the matter or if anybody challenges the monopoly.

Any monies paid to the 'tracks' - without knowing who the other 4 tracks were - wouldn't necessarily go to the speedway promoters!! Promoters might also lose some revenue from fans attending the series and not affording to attend the weekly team match. So I can quite understand the 'nervousness' of existing promoters.

In a period of recession, with lots of (all?) promoters losing money last season maybe thats why the objections were so great.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

I mean, it's good job they have cancelled. Promoters backed by a license organisation that after some growth get a global sponsor and a far larger fan base than any ACU licensed event. We don't want that do we, few, close call.

Walk four doors down your road and ask the person who answers the door to identify Darcy Ward or Joe Haines in the photo. Chances are they'll say "eh!" "who?" "Speedway?"

A superstar to me and you is not a superstar to Brian and Brenda Pissweed. We need more Brian and Brenda's to make the sport pay.

OI!!!

You leave my friendly neighbours out of this. :angry: :angry: :nono: :nono: