British Speedway Forum
Hunty

Uk Speedway Series

I wonder why, something tells me this isn't all it's cracked up to be. Could this be another eating dust scenario? Buy in now big bo**cks now and then pu-u-uff? Hate to see initiatives pst on but where's the full page in the comic? The big interview? The ground breaking series launch? Oh BSF, Twitter and Facebook? Ri-i--i-i-i-ght. Really sorry to be negative but it just doesn't stack.

So, with nothing positive to add, you thought you'd be the one who "pst on" the initiative.

Had it been launched with an interview and a full page advert in the Speedway Star (or comic as you refer to it) then undoubtedly you'd be the first to moan about it being "boring" & "same old, same old".

Facebook and Twitter? Well, that's no way to publicise things - no one uses those as social media tools do they?

As for "advertising on BSF" - where? Point at it.

Based on the first three names it looks like it may be aimed at British (I know Doolan isn't a Brit, but he's based here) riders who, in these days of a watered down Elite League, have been passed over in favour of the usual roper journeyman foreigners. If the series "only" provides a dozen or more with extra meetings to make their season more viable & the public with a few meetings with a decent field of PL RIders (as befits the earlier "cheap website" comment, then that's not a bad basis to start building on.

Still, why bother, with such encouragement.

• Like 1

You just gotta love the whingers on this forum, they don't even need to know what is happening before they start knocking it.

• Like 9

Hope the likes if Roynon, Auty, Cook and Worrall sign up for this then i would definitely be interested in it.

• Like 3

Saw some racing on "Motors" in 2012 of speedway tracks with moto cross bikes, I think Les Collins won it!!, is this going to be similiar or is it the same ??

Saw some racing on "Motors" in 2012 of speedway tracks with moto cross bikes, I think Les Collins won it!!, is this going to be similiar or is it the same ??

UK SPEEDWAY Series? It could be moto cross, it might be 5 a side football… if only there was a clue in the name...

• Like 1

UK SPEEDWAY Series? It could be moto cross, it might be 5 a side football… if only there was a clue in the name...

With a name like that you'd think it would have the backing of all the Speedway authorities?! Does it?

Thats flattrack racing. They're not just motoX bikes used

UK Speedway Series if sanctioned by the MC Federation so won't need aprovel of current speedway govening body's!

It's ran on speedway bikes

www.ukspeedwayseries.com

With a name like that you'd think it would have the backing of all the Speedway authorities?! Does it?

With a name like that, I would expect it to be a Speedway Series perhaps for UK riders, certainly held in the UK. The announcement of Kevin Doolan suggests that it'll be perhaps UK based riders.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to read into it.

Why would I think it would have the backing of all the Speedway authorities?! I don't know if it has - to be frank, as a supporter who might turn up at one or more of the events, I don't actually care one way or another. Why would I care? Does it need the backing of the authorities? Would the public boycott it if it wasn't fully backed? Would they notice - let alone care?

If I was to give any thought to that aspect, I'd imagine those involvedwill have looked into the legal ramifications of their involvment.

• Like 2

Just a thought. Wasn't something like this attempted a few years ago and riders were threatened to have their licences revoked if they took part in a non sanctioned speedway meeting????

Im pretty sure I know who's behind it, but does it matter?

well it makes you look important and thats what matters

The organisers of the UK Speedway Series will be on BIKERfm's Speedway Show next Tuesday Night. Tune In and any questions email them through to speedway@bikerfm.co.uk

• Like 1

Just a thought. Wasn't something like this attempted a few years ago and riders were threatened to have their licences revoked if they took part in a non sanctioned speedway meeting????

Precisely Screamer!!

If the organisers have gone through all the right channels - and they may well have done for all I know - you would think that the main Speedway bodies would be publicised as being in support of it, with the necessary logos on the website etc.

I'm sure it won't make a bit of difference to the average punter, but its the riders I would want to ensure are fully protected, in terms of any league contracts/ACU paperwork etc they may have signed?! I wouldn't want to see something fail before its even off the ground, if the correct permissions have not been obtained.

Precisely Screamer!!

If the organisers have gone through all the right channels - and they may well have done for all I know - you would think that the main Speedway bodies would be publicised as being in support of it, with the necessary logos on the website etc.

I'm sure it won't make a bit of difference to the average punter, but its the riders I would want to ensure are fully protected, in terms of any league contracts/ACU paperwork etc they may have signed?! I wouldn't want to see something fail before its even off the ground, if the correct permissions have not been obtained.

Yes,it's a good job you want to protect the riders as i am sure they are all clueless and will sign up to anything.....And of course if it does fail before it has got off the ground just what is it to you or any fan?You haven't as of yet set off for one of the meetings i hope or bought a UK speedway series jacket and beanie.....Why not just wait and see how this pans out?Hope they manage to sign up a bunch of decent riders and hope this provides the basis for a better future:if it fails it fails.But at this stage to start worrying about possible negatives seems a bit strange

• Like 5