British Speedway Forum
Hunty

Uk Speedway Series

They're not the same thing.

In name only, they have the same HQ.

In name only, they have the same HQ.

My Barbers is upstairs above a cafe. But I wouldn't let the waitress cut my hair on the basis that being in the same building means they are the same business

I don't think any one-off meetings are arranged are they? I've certainly only ever been to BSPA meetings in this country. Not aware of anyone else organising any

They could as long as it was all licensed and insured, but if you look at how much the BSPA have to pay to the SCB for their meetings I think it would be far too much to spread over just 6 meetings.

Call it something else then. That solves the licencing issue. As for insurance, I'm sure experienced riders like Kevin Doolan and ex-GP rider Jason Bunyan know what to look for to ensure they have adequate cover.

My Barbers is upstairs above a cafe. But I wouldn't let the waitress cut my hair on the basis that being in the same building means they are the same business

But if they were married you'd expect them both to kick up a fuss if you wanted to open a chippy next door.

The BSPA and SCB are very much in the same bed.

Edited by Deano

My understanding is that the SCB control Speedway in the UK, as the ACU sanctioned body, and recognised by the FIM as the controllers of the sport in the UK.

The SCB then devolves the running of League speedway to the BSPA.

The fact that the composition of the SCB is predominantly BSPA members with some referees chucked in for good measure, does nothing to help remove the impression of "conflicting interests" though does it?

If only the MOtor Cycle Federation had any experience of organising motorcycle events they'd know it was dangerous. I bet they're glad it's been brought to their attention.

i

If you had taken time to check the MCF web sight they have been running very successfull motocross events for last couple of years and do everything in a modern fashion one of the guys that runs it joey Barton was head of the acu and wrote the rule book for them so think he will know the ins and out of running events they have now all the major mx events and nearly all club events thought out the uk all mx clubs have left the acu and joined the MCF but their events are called series's rather than championships and can't use British either as they are licences by the acu that's why it's called the speedway series

they will hire the tracks from the land lords and run it as open meetings with there own permits and licences personal ect and with a far better up to date cover insurance cover than the acu/SCB

All riders in all leagues pay there own insurance to to SCB for every race they ride in so if they score no points they still have to pay insurance for the race comes out of their earnings so its the riders that pay it not the SCB

The rider will be free to ride as they will ride with a MCF licence not a scb one its pretty much like the riders that ride abroad which is not under the SCB rules kev Dolan just tweeted all talk this will run for a while yet trust me

Edited by mac101

Interesting.. could this be the kick up the bum the governing body needs?

If you had taken time to check the MCF web sight they have been running very successfull motocross events for last couple of years and do everything in a modern fashion one of the guys that runs it joey Barton was head of the acu and wrote the rule book for them so think he will know the ins and out of running events they have now all the major mx events and nearly all club events thought out the uk all mx clubs have left the acu and joined the MCF but their events are called series's rather than championships and can't use British either as they are licences by the acu that's why it's called the speedway series they will hire the tracks from the land lords and run it as open meetings with there own permits and licences with a far better up to date cover insurance cover than the acu/SCB The rider will be free to ride as they will ride with a MCF licence not a scb one its pretty much like the riders that ride abroad which is not under the SCB rules kev Dolan just tweeted all talk this will run for a while yet trust me

I'm out of breath!

I'm out of breath!

lol.... Stansolo'd has the same effect on me!

• Like 3

My understanding is that the SCB control Speedway in the UK, as the ACU sanctioned body, and recognised by the FIM as the controllers of the sport in the UK.

The SCB then devolves the running of League speedway to the BSPA.

Correct.

in football terms the SCB is the same as the F.A.

The BSPA is the same as The Premier League & the Football League.

At present we only have the BSPA organising Speedway in this country under the governance of the SCB, just as (until 1992) Football only had the Football League.

Of course in 1992, some Football League members resigned to form their own new Association "The Premier League". Now both the Football League and The Premier League both operate Football under the auspices of the FA.

The same could happen in Speedway. A new or breakaway group could form it's own association (say) the UKSPA. They could then go to the SCB for license to organise speedway too. But obviously they'd have to pay their fees to the SCB, just the same as the BSPA do, and they'd be given representation on the SCB board just as the BSPA have.

But you can't just set up a new organisation and run without first getting SCB approval and paying their fees. Just the same as i couldn't organise a GB Football match, by "borrowing" Rooney & Lampard from the Premier League and running without F.A. approval.

• Like 1

Pretty well explained there JL. Can't disagree with it neither.

Correct.

in football terms the SCB is the same as the F.A.

The BSPA is the same as The Premier League & the Football League.

At present we only have the BSPA organising Speedway in this country under the governance of the SCB, just as (until 1992) Football only had the Football League.

Of course in 1992, some Football League members resigned to form their own new Association "The Premier League". Now both the Football League and The Premier League both operate Football under the auspices of the FA.

The same could happen in Speedway. A new or breakaway group could form it's own association (say) the UKSPA. They could then go to the SCB for license to organise speedway too. But obviously they'd have to pay their fees to the SCB, just the same as the BSPA do, and they'd be given representation on the SCB board just as the BSPA have.

But you can't just set up a new organisation and run without first getting SCB approval and paying their fees. Just the same as i couldn't organise a GB Football match, by "borrowing" Rooney & Lampard from the Premier League and running without F.A. approval.

Very well explained fella.

• Like 1

Nearly all the motocross clubs are now. Affiliated with the MCF after leaving the acu because they were paying to much to run there events To the acu Now the MCF run it without any interference from the acu they do not pay acu a penny for this either so speedway could go the same way

...in 1992, some Football League members resigned to form their own new Association "The Premier League". Now both the Football League and The Premier League both operate Football under the auspices of the FA.

The same could happen in Speedway...

I would question that. The only reason in my mind why the FA countenenced the formation of the Premier League, and the constitution of the Premier League Management Committee, was the threat at the time of the top clubs (Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool etc etc, ) joining a European Super League. Looking at who is signed up to this new upstart, and bearing in mind that it is for individual meetings only, so the BSPA have no involvement, at risk of sanction currently are 2 PL tracks. Ask yourself if the SCB would care about losing them? To continue the analogy, I doubt that the FA would have cared twopence if Plymouth Argyle, Lincoln City, Carlisle United and others of lower status had wanted to break away from the Football League.

It's alright slagging off the BSPA/SCB but what if next year the UK Speedway Series decides to run every Friday? Then the year after decided to run twice a week? Then it realises, hang on, we could set up our own league? The SCB have to stop it now.