British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
THE DEAN MACHINE

Heat Shields

i see the new heat shields for silencers are for sale on ebay at £57 without fittings and £80 with fittings , a bargain for all riders :o but not to worry because the FIM /SCB/BSPA are going to foot the bill for every rider because they created this problem with the new silencers so its only fair that they foot the bill , well i think thats how it works? ,oh no silly me some people in suits have a brainwave and riders have to foot the bill as usual :mad:

• Like 1

What's so special about the fittings to be £80? Can only be bolts and brackets etc???

i see the new heat shields for silencers are for sale on ebay at £57 without fittings and £80 with fittings , a bargain for all riders :o but not to worry because the FIM /SCB/BSPA are going to foot the bill for every rider because they created this problem with the new silencers so its only fair that they foot the bill , well i think thats how it works? ,oh no silly me some people in suits have a brainwave and riders have to foot the bill as usual :mad:

I saw one on Andy Smiths site, do you reckon they will stand up to any knocks?

What's so special about the fittings to be £80? Can only be bolts and brackets etc???

they are FIM approved ones therefore they are special and you must use those ones because nobody else can make anything as strong and safe as ones approved by the FIM its the law :wink:

as far as i can see the fixings consist of 2 clips some washers/spacers

I saw one on Andy Smiths site, do you reckon they will stand up to any knocks?

they are carbon fibre so the shouldnt break
  • Like 1

they are FIM approved ones therefore they are special and you must use those ones because nobody else can make anything as strong and safe as ones approved by the FIM its the law :wink:

as far as i can see the fixings consist of 2 clips some washers/spacers

they are carbon fibre so the shouldnt break

Ahhh I see cost a tuppenny bit to make, market, sell and post, but £79.98 must go to the FIM for use of the words "FIM Approved" on the label.

There has been some comment from Janusz Kolodziej & Jarek Hampel about some prototype silencer which they have tested in workshop & reckon doesn't cause some of the problems with the current silencer.

Anyone know any details & will this change the need for shield?

(null)

Another crock of sh.. Still it helps keep the money rolling in. Ever seen an F1 car crash, and they're made of proper carbon fibre, not the mickey mouse stuff these will be made from, will last five minutes, and go the same way as the other FIM bolt on goodies we've had in recent years.

Another way to bleed the riders dry, cheers BSPA!

If heat has always been an issue, why has there never been a cover introduced to house the downpipe from the engine? The heat that comes off those is terrifying.

If anyone from the BSPA reads this, ignore it. I'm completely lying. It runs like a fridge. Move along.

• Like 2

There has been some comment from Janusz Kolodziej & Jarek Hampel about some prototype silencer which they have tested in workshop & reckon doesn't cause some of the problems with the current silencer.

(null)

HAVE heard that new silencers are being tested in both Denmark and Sweden and that they could end up being approved for use quite soon.

HAVE heard that new silencers are being tested in both Denmark and Sweden and that they could end up being approved for use quite soon.

That is good, but will the approval be given before or after the need for the riders to purchase the heat shield.

Maybe if a road silencer in carbon could be used there will be no need for a heat shield.

If a race can from a super bike is homologated for road racing. Can it be used in speedway ?

Do the heat shields need to be approved or can you fit anything suitable? I noticed on Ebay it says they are suitable for approved silencers which could be a different thing.

Do the heat shields need to be approved or can you fit anything suitable? I noticed on Ebay it says they are suitable for approved silencers which could be a different thing.

I think you will find they are not required in british speedway this year.

Seem to remember a couple of years ago, Godfrey Spargo of Trelawny, and recently Plymouth, was advocating heat wraps used in American stock motors, after the complaints of excess heat with the new silencers. Never got off the ground, but these new shields are just a refinement of those ones, albeit in a solid form. If the new silencers are approved, that would see cooler silencers and heat shields could be optional to the rider.

(null)

Didn't know there was any problem with the current silencer ?