British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StormMarketing

League Sponsorship - How Much?

how much do you think to sponsor elite league and premier over 3 years?? how much is it really worth??

To whom? The BSPA and the clubs, or to the potential sponsor?

I would suggest the figures could be very far apart! It would also depend on how much media coverage could be guaranteed from 2014 onwards, unless the sponsoring company had very close links to the sport already and would get 'a return on its investment' in increased product sales,for example.?!

ps. To be thinking about this and posting it at 0455 hours? I think you need some more quality sleeping time!! :wink:

Edited by Skidder1

How much is it worth commercially is what I was thinking, The BSPA would think its worth more than what it is, but with minimal TV exposure perhaps in 2014, what would it be worth? £50k per season?

How much is it worth commercially is what I was thinking, The BSPA would think its worth more than what it is, but with minimal TV exposure perhaps in 2014, what would it be worth? £50k per season?

And you are supposedly in marketing!!!!!

Oldace - I know what its worth, falling crowds, possibly no TV exposure etc. I am just trying to open up a debate among the sports fans to get an opinion of what people think its worth.... forum = discussions no need to come back in such a tone with the "!!!!!!!!!!" very rude.

Why would any fan have any idea - or reason to care what it's worth?

How much do Barclays pay for the Premier League? Is it worth it? How many people have thought "Well, I'm a supporter of a Premier League team, so it's only right & proper that I transfer my banking arrangements to Barclays"? McDonalds are one of the sponsors of the World Cup & the European Championships. Whether I guffed down a Chicken Legend during Euro 2012 or not, it would have been purely coincidental.

Come on then, enlighten us all - how much is it worth, based on your expert experience?

I'd have thought the additional value brought in by tv coverage is negligible?

Oldace - I know what its worth, falling crowds, possibly no TV exposure etc. I am just trying to open up a debate among the sports fans to get an opinion of what people think its worth.... forum = discussions no need to come back in such a tone with the "!!!!!!!!!!" very rude.

It is not really a matter for debate though is it. The value is determined by many factors, exposure and to what type of people being the main ones.

What a fan thinks it might be worth is totally irrelevant, it is worth what an organisation is prepared to pay for the exposure delivered.

Organisations want their name shop fronted to potential customers, it is why Jeremy Kyle has ad breaks for ambulance chasing lawyers or Coronation Street with Harvey s etc. The value of a sponsorship deal with speedway might be zero to an organisation like Harrods but of more value to Aldi

Edited by oldace
  • Like 3

It is not really a matter for debate though is it. The value is determined by many factors, exposure and to what type of people being the main ones.

What a fan thinks it might be worth is totally irrelevant, it is worth what an organisation is prepared to pay for the exposure delivered.

Organisations want their name shop fronted to potential customers, it is why Jeremy Kyle has ad breaks for ambulance chasing lawyers or Coronation Street with Harvey s etc. The value of a sponsorship deal with speedway might be zero to an organisation like Harrods but of more value to Aldi

No good to me, I shop in Lidl and wouldn't change for the world!

• Like 2

you might be able to persuade a gaudy anorak manufacturer - most companys would see no value in sponsoring Speedway - wrong demograph and very small

• Like 1

Nobody is expected to know the true value because the BSPA release diddly squat.... but a forum allows people to have an opinion of what someone would pay to be title sponsor of both leagues..... as "Speedway Fans" you can have an opinion of what you feel it is worth..... just as a football fans you can have an opinion of what someone is likely to "pay" for shirt sponsorship, or what it is worth to the right sponsor.

This is a topic of value not well it depends who the company is.... what would you pitch the value at?

ask "the know" on here ,he has ploughed a fair bit into sponsorship of speedway

I was trying to create a discussion but then get replys from miserable folk.... maybe its the lack of speedway on the box and everyone is having withdrawel symptoms, ah well....

This is a topic of value not well it depends who the company is.... what would you pitch the value at?"

what the hell is this supposed to mean? You in marketing or not?