British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StormMarketing

League Sponsorship - How Much?

It is all about brand awareness but i think without tv coverage the value is now very little.

• Like 1

It doesn't lack TV coverage.

For that matter, the GPs don't lack TV coverage, at least at this time.

It would hardly be a radical leap for Eurosport to taken on the GB broadcasting rights. If they decided to show them live on Eurosport GB, they'd have more exposure than at any other time.

But that would be good - so you're not going to consider that, are you?

oldace! "OK so you got your guess, now what is the value of a totally uninformed plucked from thin air guess as to the value of something that is entirely dependent on who it is being sold to"

Its not totally uninformed, as we all on here have some information on the UK Speedway scene (Have been to a few tracks over the last few years!)

Seen specator numbers etc. Also seen TV coverage and what the sponsors gain from that (As I am a consumer as well)

And I have Sponsored car clubs, car race meetings and individual races (So have experience in that)

If you can think of any markets that would benefit (financially) from marketing/sponsoring Elite League / Prem League Speedway I would be impressed.

They may gain some exposure, but struggle to see anybody covering the cost of the sponsorship by additional profit generation.

I think my guess is a generous one when you think about the £s needed in extra revenue, that would be required to make the cost of the sponsorship back.

M

(I see there are no other guesses or informed decisions!)

MOTUL - a french lubricants manufacturer - have just agreed a 3 year deal to sponsor the FIM. They already sponsor a whole range of other motorcycle and car disciplines, including the Ice Speedway series!!!

Must be some mileage there?!

• Like 1

Skidder

Its the most sensible/obvious option (Oil company) and peanuts in £s for an oil company?

How many places stock MOTUL in the UK?

How many people in the UK would buy an oil after seeing an add / banner at the Speedway? (Given the demography of Speedway spectators) Or do they like the familiar names.

MOTUL - a french lubricants manufacturer - have just agreed a 3 year deal to sponsor the FIM. They already sponsor a whole range of other motorcycle and car disciplines, including the Ice Speedway series!!!

Must be some mileage there?!

It is possible Motul are sponsoring all the riders with their oils and other lubricants, with the hope that the rders will continue to use their products and amateurs use the products. I think I have heard of Motul 2 stroke oil in this country and is probably available for the MX and trials boys, but they must do castor as well, if ice speedway is being sponsored. Sounds a good idea to me S1!

• Like 1

Did anyone find out what it was worth?

Club 18-30 would have been the obvious choice but they look like going extinct.

They ought to get local councils to sponsor them by way of owning a billboard or two to sponsor their clubs.... 

56 minutes ago, Trees said:

They ought to get local councils to sponsor them by way of owning a billboard or two to sponsor their clubs.... 

I and most other folk pay enough tax to councils now, why the hell should taxpayers be expected to subsidise any sport:angry:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Star Lady said:

I and most other folk pay enough tax to councils now, why the hell should taxpayers be expected to subsidise any sport:angry:

but the government supports (subsidies) sports and we pay tax to the government. I hear the government subsidies advertising English premier football in China!  I would have thought the English premiership has enough money floating around to pay its own way.

What I cant understand is the lack of any coverage on TV news. You get some coverage for all soughts of sports, but speedway GP has an English rider top the rostrom in Poland and zilch. Doesnt the BSPA/SCB have a press officer?

18 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

but the government supports (subsidies) sports and we pay tax to the government. I hear the government subsidies advertising English premier football in China!  I would have thought the English premiership has enough money floating around to pay its own way.

What I cant understand is the lack of any coverage on TV news. You get some coverage for all soughts of sports, but speedway GP has an English rider top the rostrom in Poland and zilch. Doesnt the BSPA/SCB have a press officer?

I object most strongly to any of my taxes being used to subsidise any  professional sport. The bit in bold makes my blood boil!

• Like 1