British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StormMarketing

League Sponsorship - How Much?

All i am saying is don't bother with the thread if you are not interested,what try to belittle the bloke.

Because that's what Oldace and Backless do.....it's like Morecambe and Wise, a double act, but not funny.

Because that's what Oldace and Backless do.....it's like Morecambe and Wise, a double act, but not funny.

We were engaging in debate with this Storm character before Sidney waded in with his size 9s

We were engaging in debate with this Storm character before Sidney waded in with his size 9s

Ray Stadia is right it is hardly debate is it by calling him a Wally, he starts the thread yet gets the .... taken out of him.As for Oldace has he ever got anything positive to say?
  • Like 1

If a couple of posters on this thread typify the demographics of your average speedway supporter; then the value is f*** all! Sorry to be so rude but ignorance begets ignorance

• Like 2

sorry but the lad posted absolute nonsense, contradicted himself loads. I actually think he's taking the pee and some of you have fallen for it. He's belittling you - not the other way round

• Like 1

sorry but the lad posted absolute nonsense, contradicted himself loads. I actually think he's taking the pee and some of you have fallen for it. He's belittling you - not the other way round

We cant be far off the "Storm Marketing is KKS" post.

Let me rephrase the question then while you all act like children (well most of you)....

The debate for discussion is "What would the value be of sponsoring both the Elite League and Premier League as a sponsor say over 1-2-3 years".... "how would would you guesstimate it is worth as a speedway fan, what would you expect to see etc.

Someone said the value to their business £0 - thats not the question... imagine a company has identified speedway as fitting to what their company brand defines, how much would you "speedway fans" suggest its worth.....

the only positives is that Speedway offers national coverage as there are clubs up and down and across the country, combined gates x the number of meetings would be on par if not higher than another form of motorsport that gets a lot of national companies involved. Negative side, its a sport in chaos, its in decline, not many big names, and by going by this forum..... not so intelligent fans....

re: any sponsorship also may I add

I think you will find not many companies are doing anything at the moment because there is a worldwide decline its called a recession, not sure if the person who questioned this watches the news at all?? I hope for improvement in the latter 2 1/4's of this year though going from forecasts so never say never

• Like 1

Let me rephrase the question then while you all act like children (well most of you)....

The debate for discussion is …

A bit rich, coming from Mr "I know how much but I'm not saying, I'll let those without any knowledge or experience of the subject to make totally uninformed guesses".

Are the fictitious clients of your fictitious marketing company impressed that, in the pursuit of perfection you've relinquished all grasp of the English language? "The debate for discussion"???

ask "the know" on here ,he has ploughed a fair bit into sponsorship of speedway

This is a good question and in all things it is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Speedway as a marketing tool is very poor due to the nature of its followers.

We have sponsored, many Elite clubs, World champions down to riders starting. We have sponsored the SGP, Grand prix and World cups.In general everything top to bottom.

i would estimate our cost to be in the region of 1 million give or take. ( what do they say about a fool and there money LOL )

Our income from speedway in this time i would say is about 0, LOL.

The thing is i have found most sponsors do it as they like speedway. Sponsors coming into the sport with the promise of how many people watch it and go and the work they will get are mis lead and dont hang around long. Go back 10 years and see how many are still here.

No one who goes to speedway wants to by our products as they dont really need them. Maybe if the sponsor sold products the everyday person uses and can afford it would be differant. ( BIC razors or the like ) But you would never make a profit on speedway i dont believe.

The people running speedway , sgp or domestic believe the product is worth far more than it is. I would say with falling crowds an no young people comeing and no tv the sport is worthless, even with tv it is worth very little.

This is my opinion B4 everybody shoots me down as normal,dont get me wrong we have enjoyed our time doing it and would not change it but anyone coming into speedway sponsorship thinking they will make money are wrong.

• Like 1

Storm, I dont think its a bad question/topic.

Should it be called Sponsorship? or Called Advertising?

I think in this day and age of people with a big ego, they will think its worth far more than it realy is!

Who will gain any business/revenue/sales by sponsoring a League?

Who gains anything from having there name on a football shirt at £xxxxxxxxxxx lots of money?

Who gains from having a little sticker on an F1 car?

Edited by Mixy230

This is a good question and in all things it is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Speedway as a marketing tool is very poor due to the nature of its followers.

We have sponsored, many Elite clubs, World champions down to riders starting. We have sponsored the SGP, Grand prix and World cups.In general everything top to bottom.

i would estimate our cost to be in the region of 1 million give or take. ( what do they say about a fool and there money LOL )

Our income from speedway in this time i would say is about 0, LOL.

The thing is i have found most sponsors do it as they like speedway. Sponsors coming into the sport with the promise of how many people watch it and go and the work they will get are mis lead and dont hang around long. Go back 10 years and see how many are still here.

No one who goes to speedway wants to by our products as they dont really need them. Maybe if the sponsor sold products the everyday person uses and can afford it would be differant. ( BIC razors or the like ) But you would never make a profit on speedway i dont believe.

The people running speedway , sgp or domestic believe the product is worth far more than it is. I would say with falling crowds an no young people comeing and no tv the sport is worthless, even with tv it is worth very little.

This is my opinion B4 everybody shoots me down as normal,dont get me wrong we have enjoyed our time doing it and would not change it but anyone coming into speedway sponsorship thinking they will make money are wrong.

All of which is what we have been trying to tell this so called marketing expert for the last few days

Oldace I think you have missed the bus on this one.... how bloody simple is it opening a discussion asking how much you tink someone would pay....

The know is spot on, people will not make money sponsoring/advertising speedway unless its a product a high percentage of elderly men may use - but sponsorship/advertising to some companies is all about brand exposure, from many sponsorships/advertising around the globe, it doesnt always lead to direct sales but companies are involved because of X amount of people will see their name

Fly Emirates for example, sponsor Arsenal shirts and stadium, I am a supporter, I have never used Fly Emirates, would only ever do so if i booked a package holiday and they were the airline, I use Easyjet and BA most of the time. Its the same with Monster energy who now sponsor Tech3 and Yamaha in MotoGP - will people who already like the "taste" of Relentless/Redbull change brand....probably not.... but the exposure MotoGP offers plus the popularity of Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi is huge and having your brand lining up alongside "Brands" Lorenzo/Rossi is worth the investment.... some fickle followers would change brand "if its good enough for valentino....."

Oldace, you are very quick to judge and act as a forum police officer when you fail to grasp the initial question, maybe because its way over your head and you cant contribute. And to attack me and my "clients" on a forum... where I post personally not professionally - you're clutching at straws.... does oldace stand for old belle vue fan or are you an old racer with a chip on his shoulder?

Oldace I think you have missed the bus on this one.... how bloody simple is it opening a discussion asking how much you tink someone would pay....

I would stop digging if I were you.

It has been explained to you numerous times, a sponsorship isn't a commodity with an actual value. It's worth is in what an organisation can expect in return. What might be worth millions to one organisation will be worthless to another. You know this and yet you persist in asking silly questions in the name of so called discussion.

We may as well have a discussion on how much we think a race point is worth!!!!

sponsorship/advertising to some companies is all about brand exposure, from many sponsorships/advertising around the globe, it doesnt always lead to direct sales but companies are involved because of X amount of people will see their name

You do realise that sentence makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. :blink:

Why do you think they want their brand exposed to a large number of people if not to increase sales?