British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StormMarketing

League Sponsorship - How Much?

It is a common known fact that most business deals are actually done on the golf course which is why there is a lot of corporate interest in golf either via sponsorship or hospitality. I agree that it is probably not the best backdrop to do these deals in speedway as there are not a huge amount of clubs that can offer the facilities compared to other sporting arenas

for theknow - interesting looking at the cost of your speedway outlay, Tech 3 Yamaha have just signed a title sponsorship deal with a company that is linked to the nursing home sector in the UK... on first glance it is extremely an odd tie-up but the MD went on to state that he loves motogp, has a race foundation set up, and even though he wont get business or an influx of spanish/italian grannies in his homes... he said the exposure is still massive and he believes he is going to be supporting a future motogp champion in Danny Kent.

It's always a nice story that, but does anybody really believe it. People play golf, but I think it is way out of date and not particularly relevant these days.

• Like 1

It's always a nice story that, but does anybody really believe it. People play golf, but I think it is way out of date and not particularly relevant these days.

You are quite right.

Once again our resident marketing expert is found wanting.

With the amount of money in Golf I would say its pretty relevant and will not die a death anytime soon or be in threat of it. Perhaps some people are just a wee bit touchy on here and read things with tinted specs

right - thats me finished with this thread - the blokes a di*k

we know there's money in golf

whats that got to do with anything?????

you display the literacy skills of a nine year old

try and say what you mean

Edited by ch958
  • Like 1

READ the f**king original thread mate without the need to start insulting people calling them names, that shows you have the mentality of a 9year old.

the original post was - if a company was to pay for the title sponsorship of the Elite & Premier Leagues, how much do you think it is worth, this was an open discussion that allowed fans to pitch how much they believe the sport they follow/love is worth i.e. Teng Tools Elite League / Teng Tools Premier League - It was to open debate, and seek opinion from various people who will have a different view to the value that might well be placed on this level of exposure.

If you do not understand that then simply please do not comment, same as 2/3 other posters, if you cannot contribute it doesnt mean you have to post negativity and make personal attacks on someone you clearly do not know - I get slated as being some "marketing" expert - for all you know I could have just been a graphic designer as some businesses refer their design dept as "marketing".

Forum Toads I believe is one term for some people.

Look on the bright side - no-one has accused you of being KKS yet. :D

• Like 3

It's so long ago now that I can't exactly remember his/her original name but think it was King Kenneth Speed. Since then he/she has used numerous different log ins, after being continually banned, so unfortunately any new member is immediately treated with suspicion. Actually I thought he/she was quite funny sometimes.

Anyway!

I rekon

Elite League £75k

Premier League £30k

Worth

Elite League £30k

Premier League £15k

A guess and what I feel its worth (Being generous)

Anyway!

I rekon

Elite League £75k

Premier League £30k

Worth

Elite League £30k

Premier League £15k

A guess and what I feel its worth (Being generous)

Interesting guestimates! I wonder what individual EL Team sponsorship would be? I suppose it could vary considerably.

Mixy230 - god bless your soul for being the first to contribute, it may have taken 6 pages worth of replys but we got there in the end.

OK so you got your guess, now what is the value of a totally uninformed plucked from thin air guess as to the value of something that is entirely dependent on who it is being sold to

Rugby League struggled to get a title sponsor, and I think the deal they did with Stobart involved publicity on the trucks more than any payment for the title rights. Maybe speedway should give something like that a go?