British Speedway Forum
michaelcroucher

Speedway On Eurosport

NO it won't ... same as last year for the first one Steve Johnson and Aussie guy whose name escapes me for a moment. Hopefully messrs Pearson and Tatum will resume from Bydgoszcz

Hopefully not Pearson, he was awful three or four seasons ago and remains awful this season. Still, as I won't be paying more money to watch speedway, guess I won't have to put up with him ruining my GP coverage, because I won't have any GP coverage for him to ruin this season then.

I am gutted, in this difficult economic times I am not paying more to watch it on top of my existing Sky sports subsription. At least some of you will get to watch it though.

..and are better than TMillard (in my opinion, let me stress!!! before someone attacks me on here :rofl:

But why is it when Millard makes mistakes he is called out, yet Pearson made a fair few SGP clangers, including missing the point when we had a new World Champ last season, and calling the wrong GP winner a couple of seasons prior.

I am fairly sure there 'must' be better options, time speedway broadcasters explored some.

• Like 1

I am gutted, in this difficult economic times I am not paying more to watch it on top of my existing Sky sports subsription. At least some of you will get to watch it though.

I think you will find that Eurosport is a free service on the sky box

Right, time to save money. For the odd bit of football I watch and the very poor entertainment of most, but not all, Elite League matches televised last year the expensive Sky Sports can go. We are all potentially better off with Eurosport taking the GP's on.

I'm sure we will get some grumbles but most of the Sky team attract a lot of moans on here. Hopefully they will get commentators who both repeat themselves and shout far less. Yes shout when something fantastic happens but far, far less.

I think you will find that Eurosport is a free service on the sky box

It's not, it costs £5.

It's not, it costs £5.

But no extra cost if you already pay for SKY Sports.

• Like 1

Hopefully not Pearson, he was awful three or four seasons ago and remains awful this season.

Disagree. He carries the same enthusiasm and passion for the sport. I am sure plenty will agree with you, and plenty with me anyway!

But no extra cost if you already pay for SKY Sports.

It is, even if you have the full Sky Sports package you will still need to add the Entertainment Extra package at £5.00 per month to recieve Eurosport.

It is, even if you have the full Sky Sports package you will still need to add the Entertainment Extra package at £5.00 per month to recieve Eurosport.

Not if you're a Virgin cable customer - all inclusive already! :approve:

• Like 1

Sorry to be a bit thick, but are you saying we have to pay extra to be able to watch the GP's?? :unsure:

It's not, it costs £5.

I cancelled my SKY sports end of last season, but I still get all Eurosport channels so they are free and must be part of the general SKY package.

These are channels 410, 411 and 412 we're talking about isn't it? :blink:

And 443 :approve: (which rather spookily was the time of your post)

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Disagree. He carries the same enthusiasm and passion for the sport. I am sure plenty will agree with you, and plenty with me anyway!

It's 50/50 with those disagreeing streets ahead...

• Like 1

I cancelled my SKY sports end of last season, but I still get all Eurosport channels so they are free and must be part of the general SKY package.

I think it depends how old your Sky Box is. I used to get Eurosport free but when I moved and bought a new Sky Box had to pay £5 per month to add the Entertainment Extra package. Hopefully £5/month is not going to put anybody off.

By the way I'm in the anti Pearson camp, he even messes up darts now :-)