British Speedway Forum
michaelcroucher

Speedway On Eurosport

Don't think that tells us anything new.

Even if Skysports don't show the Gps & SWC in 2013 I presume Eurosports 2 will still have access to the feeds to show the normal highlights programme?

Are any of them live though?

It says highlights of GPs and SWC (which is the same as it said last year) only change this year is addition of European championships

http://2013tvguide.eurosport.com/#/28

http://2012tvguide.eurosport.com/#24

I doubt this is any indication that Sky will still be covering the GPs in 2013, as I presume Eurosports could still get access to the footage to show the highlights anyway?

Sky are notorious hard-nosed negotiators. As an example they only signed their current deal with the NFL, two days before the 2012 season started.

On that basis, plenty of time go yet.

Don't think that tells us anything new.

Even if Skysports don't show the Gps & SWC in 2013 I presume Eurosports 2 will still have access to the feeds to show the normal highlights programme?

Are you telling me that British Eurosport showed GP and SWC highlights in 2012?

Are you telling me that British Eurosport showed GP and SWC highlights in 2012?

Apparently.

And their brochure for 2013 says the same as the one for 2012 did, with the addition of the European championship.

Apparently.

And their brochure for 2013 says the same as the one for 2012 did, with the addition of the European championship.

I stand to be corrected here, but I thought speedway was shown on Eurosport, rather than the British version. Presumably down to rights issues.

I have just looked at the Eurosport website and it claims to be able to supply Eurosport and Eurosport2 progs from 2.99 per month.

Has anyone taken up this offer, as I do not get Eurosport on the TV, and what minimun computer configuration or software does one need.

I have watched a few of Speedway meetings on my computer, some are ok but many have breaks and delays ( i think due to buffering ) which I am not sure if it is the internet speed I have.

Thanks for any info, a pm would suffice if best.

The Eurosport you receive via your Sky or Virgin box is British Eurosport which does not feature the GP highlights not sure whether they will do the European championships.

Although yes as a successful business Sky does play very hard ball in negotiations over rights but is already reorganising schedules to fill the Speedway slots for Gps with Superleague being asked for 7pm Sat games for tv broadcast.

Just be realistic would be my suggestion for GP fans

If SKY no longer have the rights to GP's is there anything to stop Eurosport showing them (if they wish to of course)

So, yet more money being thrown after the ridiculous amount already chucked at the M62 corridor's version of rugby by the British subsiduary of Fox Sports in Australia.

Still, we do get endless hours of Australian second rate T20 cricket to fill the schedule, so it's not all bed, eh?

Someone is going to have to make an announcement soon otherwise I see a fair few Sky Sports subscriptions not being renewed/cancelled.

Just waiting for the Superbowl to be shown,then gone.Elite league without Gps not worth the money with Swedish league a much higher standard on Premier sports.
  • Like 1