British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Race IT

Official Clothing Available To Speedway Supporters

Hi everyone

I have been asked to invite you to take part in a couple of short speedway surveys about the type of merchandise / clothing that is available for fans to buy at clubs and from the riders you support.

Thanks for your time, it really wont take long but your responses will be really valuable.

Official Rider Merchandise Survey

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BQD72R2

Official Team/Club Merchandise Survey

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FBPVPT2

Cheers

RACE IT

Them surveys are rubbish. If people want to do market research I suggest contacting a market research company.

Quite simply, I'd not buy any speedway merchandise, it's expensive and rubbish looking.

Them surveys are rubbish. If people want to do market research I suggest contacting a market research company.

Quite simply, I'd not buy any speedway merchandise, it's expensive and rubbish looking.

Think this is why the survey is being undertaken as its been realised that speedway merchandise is indeed poor ... thanks for your comments tho

To not even list all the current clubs is pretty poor - sorry!

your quite right it was missed off .. I will let them know .. it was a genuine error .. im sure they would still like your feedback though

I wouldn't disagree on price but the quality very much depends on the supplier. Some are much better than others.

Some fantastic feedback coming in on your views on merchandise ..... demonstrates why this survey was needed ,... keep your views coming and pass on the survey .. it will help the people behind this make some informed decisions about offering the fans something they really want to spend their money on for a change when buying speedway clothing . I have been asked to pass on thanks to everyone that has taken time to fill this out so far cheers

When people say it is overpriced rubbish...what exactly do you mean,.......and are we going to see the results of this survey....as someone who sells it i would love to see the results

Speedway clothing is bound to be higher priced, and could not be comparable with High Street items. For example, if a jacket/anorak sells say 100, the set up costs of artwork, design, production setup and costs have to be spread over those 100 jackets. A similar jacket sold in a High Street supplier can spread those same costs over many thousands, and produce a similar quality coat but at a lower price. If there is a requirement for addition merchandise after the first run, the High Street supplier, can repeat the production run just covering new production costs, because it can sell bigger numbers. In speedway you can't over order in the first case, nor can you justify a second run which will be produced at a higher item cost due to the lower run numbers.

Tsunami

Trust me if we sold 100 jackets at 1 club in a season we would be over the moon........We have tried cheap....we have tried medium.....we have tried expensive.......The point with Speedway track shop is that clothing is nowhere near the best seller or most wanted item,.....badges..programme boards...pen...beanies...scarfs.....they are the bread and butter......In our track shops we order 1's and 2's in clothing...even replica shirts nowadays are a very small seller.....people just cannot justify spending £30/£40 on a replica shirt or anything these days.....Speedway is not a modern sport anymore...its not a sport familees or kids flock to

jb

Is this survey to do with Terry Russell's son wanting to sell riders merchandise?

Nothing to do with terry Russells son no ...

Tsunami

Trust me if we sold 100 jackets at 1 club in a season we would be over the moon........We have tried cheap....we have tried medium.....we have tried expensive.......The point with Speedway track shop is that clothing is nowhere near the best seller or most wanted item,.....badges..programme boards...pen...beanies...scarfs.....they are the bread and butter......In our track shops we order 1's and 2's in clothing...even replica shirts nowadays are a very small seller.....people just cannot justify spending £30/£40 on a replica shirt or anything these days.....Speedway is not a modern sport anymore...its not a sport familees or kids flock to

jb

Yes I know jaybea, and I used to be one of your trade customers.

When we set up Newcastle Speedway in 1997, we designed a jacket and got it made by Wulf. I think we had to give an order for say 50 covers, which they then made up in all the sizes. They sold quite well and I still wear my own jacket at practically every meeting, to the amusement and embarrassment of my family. Demand outstripped the initial quantity, and we had to give a another minimum order to satisfy these orders, but were left with the excess and eventually sold them at a reduced price to get rid of them. This discounting of course bites into the small profit you make on the initial sales, and eventually you only just break even. Nowadays we go for a stock garment supplied by a trader, and make it personalised by embroidering with club emblems and name. The issue of quality is then removed, because you are buying a standard garment of high standard, and it is noticable now that the personalised embroidery is more suttle, which allows the wearer to wear say their club jacket as a fashion item which you were unlikely to a few years ago. Margins to sell them are small, but you can do repeat orders in small qualtities and maintain profit margins and have no left over stock at the beginning of the new season with of course the newer design.

I am coming to the UK from Melbourne for the British GP. I am looking to purchase official merchandise, if available for fans, of Darcy Ward, Chris Holder and Tai Woffenden.

Hooded tops, t shirts and hats I'm mainly looking for. just wondering if any rider merchandise will be available at Cardiff?

I've looked on these riders websites and can't see anything to order ASAP. If anybody could kindly help by assisting me in finding these then please pm me. I'm flying out to London on May 21.

Many thanks folks

I am coming to the UK from Melbourne for the British GP. I am looking to purchase official merchandise, if available for fans, of Darcy Ward, Chris Holder and Tai Woffenden.

Hooded tops, t shirts and hats I'm mainly looking for. just wondering if any rider merchandise will be available at Cardiff?

I've looked on these riders websites and can't see anything to order ASAP. If anybody could kindly help by assisting me in finding these then please pm me. I'm flying out to London on May 21.

Many thanks folks

Can you bring some sunshine withyou please

Fairly sure Tai Woffinden was selling merchandise on his website think he also advertised it on twitter if your on twitter it may be worth a tweet for info or gear may be available from the Wolves track shop.maybe email the club.

I think Darcy Ward may have a deal with LKI for merchandise who are an Aussie firm as far as i know so might get it over there.

Edited by Triple.H.

swerve racewear look like they are going to be doing riders merchandise by the looks of there new website.