British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ch958

Fantasy Track

I'm sure quite a few of us on here would build or open our own track if we won the lottery. Where would you open yours? I've always thought Castleford, near where the old track used to be would be a super spot, attracting fans up and down the M62.

Just a bit of fun - we get a bit heavy on here sometimes

• Like 1

I always thought about the York district, there were a few empty former WW2 airports round and about, I always thought one of them might make a good Speedway venue (with a nice replica of the Halifax track).

I would have to reopen a 21st Century version of Cradley's old stamping ground...Dudley Wood, complete with all mod cons here in the Black Country or a bit farther out into the countryside! Until then, Monmore Wood on a Tuesday night will have to do :t:

I would have to reopen a 21st Century version of Cradley's old stamping ground...Dudley Wood, complete with all mod cons here in the Black Country or a bit farther out into the countryside! Until then, Monmore Wood on a Tuesday night will have to do

name='foamfence' timestamp='1361280153' post='2245865']

I always thought about the York district, there were a few empty former WW2 airports round and about, I always thought one of them might make a good Speedway venue (with a nice replica of the Halifax track).

[/u]

I agree - Elvington Raceway comes to mind.

Wakefield slap next to the m1 theres even a site it could go on. Shaped like odsal with racing lines like Bydgoszcz.

Or central London.

Edited by speedway_dan

Mine would be Custom House, West Ham.

I guess I'd need quite a lot of lottery winnings to buy and demolish enough of the surrounding buildings to get planning permission etc.

• Like 1

Personally mine would be in Rugeley behind the Enterprise Park next door to the massive Amazon wharehouse which is next to McDonalds and the Premier Inn situated on the bypass.

Other local sites for me would be Stafford Showground (Bingley Hall) or Chase Terrace Business Park on the waste ground next to Morrison's which is on a lare industrial estate.

Elsewhere in the country it would have been Walthamstow Stadium or the NEC Birmingham.

Finmere on the Land where the Market is! (Between Oxford, M Keynes, Bicester, Northampton & Banbury)

Its all planned in my head already! A full Motorsport complex, Speedway, Longtrack/Grasstrack, Stock Car, Drag Strip, Cafe/Restaurant, Car Park, camping etc etc

Order you season tickets now!

M

Finmere on the Land where the Market is! (Between Oxford, M Keynes, Bicester, Northampton & Banbury)

Its all planned in my head already! A full Motorsport complex, Speedway, Longtrack/Grasstrack, Stock Car, Drag Strip, Cafe/Restaurant, Car Park, camping etc etc

Order you season tickets now!

M

I suggest ordering lottery tickets first!

I like the sound of the one near Oxford and Milton Keynes - my god if they couldn't get a crowd we're doomed!

I have a four-acre field that's not doing very much this year. Slight drainage problem, but nothing a day or two with a digger and some hardcore wouldn't sort out. It's on one of the outer Orkney islands, so it's we can look forward to "local" derbies with Edinburgh and Glasgow, 320 miles south. Potential promoters should form an orderly queue, but bear in mind I'll need it for tatties in 2015.

Mine would be Custom House, West Ham.

I guess I'd need quite a lot of lottery winnings to buy and demolish enough of the surrounding buildings to get planning permission etc.

me to!. i'd love to knock down those poxy houses and rebuild archibald leitch's double decker grandstand and sit in those old wooden seats again!

Though my heart would say build a custom-built all purpose all weather facility in Edinburgh, my head would say for the benefit of the sport, we need to get it back in the Capital so somewhere in London where we could raise it's profile a bit would be my starter! Then maybe Cardiff and then Dublin and then we could have a "4-Nations"!!!!