British Speedway Forum
speedibee

Darcy Showing What A Pro He Is Again

I hope he gets the necessary help to put him right, It would be a tragedy if he carried on in this way and ruined his career.

• Like 1

i agree the kid needs sorting out, we see it with so many talents in sport and showbiz, weve had them in speedway before as well, not totally sure of the answer, but what does astound me is the attitude of our national team manager! what absurd comments to make about the situation, think he has lost the plot on this one.

• Like 3

Hope someone can take him to one side, someone he respects & looks up to - reminds him what an incredible talent he is, as well as exactly what he has to lose. He's still very young, he's not the first at that age to make bad decisions, I know I did. I learnt from those mistakes & hopefully he will too.

Regardless of who we support it'd be a terrible shame if his talent went to waste - on a speedway bike he is everything our sport needs right now. No less than Jason Crump tweeted last year to the effect that he was the most natural talent on a speedway bike he'd seen since Per Jonsson, high praise indeed.

I really hope he'll get, & listen to, some sound advice, gets his work permit for the UK for 2013 & shines - including two visits to my team Belle Vue this summer.

Didn't Havvy get a years ban from Speedway for being prosecuted for cannabis possession?

Lee and Courtney got prison sentences for drug offences as well, I seem to remember.

thats the problem though, britain let anyone in whereas the aussies are more strict. I have no doubt that he will be allowed back in the country unfortunately

• Like 1

Don't see what's the problem?

Riders like Krzystof Kasprazak who have been in possession of illegal silencers have been allowed to ride in the UK but Darcy shouldn't be allowed?

It's not like he has cheated or brought the sport into disrepute... cough "Edward Kennett"

• Like 1