British Speedway Forum
speedibee

Darcy Showing What A Pro He Is Again

A few people have indicated Darcy Ward would be earning huge amounts of money - is this known to be true, just wondering as I read somewhere he still hadn't replaced some lost sponsors.

I think as an end result it is very important as to what is recorded.That is why i think he was cleverly advised.Say's he didn't do it and it goes to court and all sorts including drugs and drink might have been on his record.The way this has gone all he ends up with is a fine for motorbike incidents.Nowhere near as bad.So,end result he is pretty clean and can come and go as he wants i would imagine.This as it is intended,doesn't hurt his job.Like i said,when anyone looks up his record they won't see any newspaper reports.......or forum threads

One would imagine then that there is NO possibility that it is the truth that was told.......bring back hanging thats what I say!!!!!

I think Matt Ford's comments on the official BSPA website yesterday (Sunday Feb 24) should put the whole issue to bed. He has been dealt with by the courts, he has obviously had a sharp warning about his behaviour from the Poole management and Neil Middleditch is keeping quiet. Overall I'd say that's about right.

• Like 1

I dont think this will be an end to it. He seems to attract this sort of thing. After being dragged through the courts for a very seroius offence, found inocent of course you would think he would keep his head down but no, gets a good kicking which ruined POOLES season and by all accounts was his fault again. To then cap it off he then has this drink and drug thing in the off season. He is either very un lucky or very stupid or maybe even both.

Yes a very good or dare i say excellent rider but seems to come with a lot of baggage and mostly bad. Glad i am not one of his sponsors as not really the type of chap you want on board for image, unless its win at all costs and dont worry about the rest.

• Like 8

Ok so at the end of the day the KID did wrong but that is the point he is still only a KID and not to upset all you sensitive men out there but men do mature at a slower rate than women! He has got himself in to trouble bit it seems more that trouble follows him not that he seeks it out. Darcy has releases a statement apologising for his behaviour off the track. I am sure that he knows what has happened is wrong but to be fair it is all a part of growing up by telling someone to not do this or that they are never going to learn, people have to make their own mistakes. I don't see how it is fair some people on here saying keep in Australia don't let him have a work permit that is basically saying take away someone career which is wrong no matter what he has done in his personal life. Darcy did NOT harm anyone in the process. As for the drugs thing he has made it clear that it was a one off and I am sure that he will be drug tested more regularly after one admitting it and two the fact that he is now a GP rider. Give the guy a break he is going to make mistakes its the only way that he is going to grow up and learn.

Ok so at the end of the day the KID did wrong but that is the point he is still only a KID and not to upset all you sensitive men out there but men do mature at a slower rate than women! He has got himself in to trouble bit it seems more that trouble follows him not that he seeks it out. Darcy has releases a statement apologising for his behaviour off the track. I am sure that he knows what has happened is wrong but to be fair it is all a part of growing up by telling someone to not do this or that they are never going to learn, people have to make their own mistakes. I don't see how it is fair some people on here saying keep in Australia don't let him have a work permit that is basically saying take away someone career which is wrong no matter what he has done in his personal life. Darcy did NOT harm anyone in the process. As for the drugs thing he has made it clear that it was a one off and I am sure that he will be drug tested more regularly after one admitting it and two the fact that he is now a GP rider. Give the guy a break he is going to make mistakes its the only way that he is going to grow up and learn.

He is not a kid anymore really, kids have gone to war at a younger age. Yes give him a break but this is his 3rd in little over a year. Anybody can opoligise but do they mean it ? What did you expect him to say , ya it was really funny and a good time :blink: I have never done any of the things he has in 50 years and none of my mates have so its not just a kids thing. Yes he didnt hurt anyone BUT he could of done, say a small child and killed them and what would that of been like if it was your child ? oh doudt worry he is only a KID. Umm all sounds like ----ocks to me :mad:

• Like 8

A KID - at TWENTY years of age - I DON'T think so. That is just an excuse - and - giving him excuses is just compounding the problem. Making excuses like this is actually doing him NO favours.

HOW OLD DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS?

A lot younger than TWENTY I reckon.

Have I missed something? I thought he had taken responsibility for his actions, owned up, been warned and fined and now apologised!!

OK he still has to prove he can behave himself consistently and that is what we'll all be watching for.

For all those that still want to vent their wrath at him, you and all the extra fans can always boo him or shout obscenities at him when he visits your track - you know, just like mature adults are expected to behave!!

NB. That'll be anyone over 16? 18? 19? 20????

• Like 2

A KID - at TWENTY years of age - I DON'T think so. That is just an excuse - and - giving him excuses is just compounding the problem. Making excuses like this is actually doing him NO favours.

HOW OLD DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS?

A lot younger than TWENTY I reckon.

Nobody accepts any responsibility for their actions any more :mad: . Watched a programme the other day where a bloke sued a hotel succesfully because he slipped on the snow in their car par!! He even (keeping a straight face mind you) stated to the camera that they hadnt even put any warning signs out!! ITS THE *******ING WHITE STUFF ON THE FLOOR!!!

Not in anyway condoning his behaviour, but some of you do seem to be a bit out of touch. I suggest that you only have to nip into any city centre on a Saturday night to see how a 20yr old behaves on a night out with his mates. Its got so bad in Bournemouth now that er indoors and I avoid the place like the plague.

Parents these days might like to think they know what their kids are up to when they leave the house but do they really? Have had several chats with my 2 little darlings (16 boy & 23 girl) warning of the dangers of drugs etc, but thats all I can do really. Other than that its fingers crossed and look out for any tell tell signs. We would all like to stand up on here with the holier than thou attitude of my kids wouldnt dream of acting like that but ultimately we can only hope unless you are going to keep them locked up 24/7 or follow them everywhere they go.

One of the most ridiculous posts I have read.

• Like 3

. I don't see how it is fair some people on here saying keep in Australia don't let him have a work permit that is basically saying take away someone career which is wrong no matter what he has done in his personal life. Darcy did NOT harm anyone in the process. As for the drugs thing he has made it clear that it was a one off and I am sure that he will be drug tested more regularly after one admitting it and two the fact that he is now a GP rider. Give the guy a break he is going to make mistakes its the only way that he is going to grow up and learn.

Crikey I have read some rubbish in my time but this is a bit special. Where so we start

1. The law of the UK says that in order to have a permit to enter our great country you do not behave in the way he has. I could not care if he is a speedway rider, footballer or bricklayer if he does not qualify to be here then tough. Its simple really, behave properly and you will have no problems

2. Saying he did not harm anyone is staggering. Was that because he is a great motorcyclist while on drugs or luck.? I reckon the 2nd one myself. Drink driving is totally unacceptable whether you crash into anyone or not, are you advocating only drink drivers who hurt someone are punished ?

For sure he needs help but I think we all know that nothing is going to change. If the recent court case (yes he was found not guilty) which could have had caused untold damage to his future life was not enough to frighten the life out of him then I suspect nothing will. Clearly that taught him nothing and therefore I suspect a bot of drugs and running the police doesn't bother him at all. After all his UK mentor thinks is OK anyway

At some point he will self destruct, sadly that is as sure as night following day

Edited by Chris Brown
  • Like 8

Ok so at the end of the day the KID did wrong but that is the point he is still only a KID ...

There's "Kids" three years younger than him fighting a war in Afghanistan against kids hardly big enough to pick up a Kalashnikov. He's been deemed responsible to be married for 4 years, to vote for the last 2, so he's old enough now to know that drink, drugs and bike riding is wrong.

...people have to make their own mistakes....Darcy did NOT harm anyone in the process....

Part of making mistakes is suffering the consequences and punishment. That's what you learn from. The fact that no-one was harmed is a fortuitous circumstance, not a mitigating one.

...As for the drugs thing he has made it clear that it was a one off...

..."and he's in control"..."and he can stop at any time he wants"...yeah, heard all that before.

Give the guy a break he is going to make mistakes its the only way that he is going to grow up and learn.

Why is he entitled to make more mistakes than anyone else? Just because he's pretty handy on a speedway bike and has a fan following doesn't entitle him to softer treatment off the authorities.

• Like 4