British Speedway Forum
speedibee

Darcy Showing What A Pro He Is Again

Ok so at the end of the day the KID did wrong but that is the point he is still only a KID and not to upset all you sensitive men out there but men do mature at a slower rate than women! He has got himself in to trouble bit it seems more that trouble follows him not that he seeks it out. Darcy has releases a statement apologising for his behaviour off the track. I am sure that he knows what has happened is wrong but to be fair it is all a part of growing up by telling someone to not do this or that they are never going to learn, people have to make their own mistakes. I don't see how it is fair some people on here saying keep in Australia don't let him have a work permit that is basically saying take away someone career which is wrong no matter what he has done in his personal life. Darcy did NOT harm anyone in the process. As for the drugs thing he has made it clear that it was a one off and I am sure that he will be drug tested more regularly after one admitting it and two the fact that he is now a GP rider. Give the guy a break he is going to make mistakes its the only way that he is going to grow up and learn.

You seem hellbent on seeing Darcy throw away his career. As the above is precisely the attitude that will lead to that happening.

Fortunately there are others who will do their utmost to ensure he stays on track. I do believe he can learn and move on.

Time will tell.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Ok so at the end of the day the KID did wrong but that is the point he is still only a KID and not to upset all you sensitive men out there but men do mature at a slower rate than women!

You do sensible men a disservice. Please do not tar all us sensible men with the same brush as someone like yourself.

Nobody accepts any responsibility for their actions any more :mad: .

It is certainly the way society is going. And one as a nation most of us are appalled by.

One of the most ridiculous posts I have read.

Wont surprise me you if you get many likes for this post. Says it all.

Wont surprise me you if you get many likes for this post. Says it all.

Not a single 'like' so far!! :approve:

"us"?

Yes "us" as in all MY speedway family and friends who feel the same as I do :approve: . The guy is a liability and will most certainly be back in another courtroom before too long :rolleyes:

2. Saying he did not harm anyone is staggering. Was that because he is a great motorcyclist while on drugs or luck.? I reckon the 2nd one myself. Drink driving is totally unacceptable whether you crash into anyone or not, are you advocating only drink drivers who hurt someone are punished ?

Whilst this guy does seem to attract trouble, this particular offence does need to be put in perspective. Larking around on a 50cc minibike in a park with some mates is not really in the same league as driving a car or riding a road bike under the influence.

Not the most responsible thing to do, especially considering his erm... track record, but more a danger to oneself. That does not mean though, that people should be making excuses because of his 'superstar' attraction.

• Like 2

Yes "us" as in all MY speedway family and friends who feel the same as I do :approve: . The guy is a liability and will most certainly be back in another courtroom before too long :rolleyes:

Possibly, but he is also currently the best rider in this country or anywhere else (with the possible exception of his buddy Chris).

Possibly, but he is also currently the best rider in this country or anywhere else (with the possible exception of his buddy Chris).

People like you make me sick :mad: so he is to be excused simple because he is the best around on a bike for all the problems he gets himself into.

Whilst this guy does seem to attract trouble, this particular offence does need to be put in perspective. Larking around on a 50cc minibike in a park with some mates is not really in the same league as driving a car or riding a road bike under the influence.

Not the most responsible thing to do, especially considering his erm... track record, but more a danger to oneself. That does not mean though, that people should be making excuses because of his 'superstar' attraction.

I thought you had more common sence ? yes a park where anybody can be playing. The 50cc pit bikes you buy are very quick indeed and around 150kg hitting anything or person at 50mph will cause major injuries.

• Like 6

And that gives him the right to act like a complete tool, get away with drink,drug driving and basically breaking the law whenever he feels like it , Really get a grip :rolleyes: !, I would definately lose no sleep if I didn't get to see him riding over here this season

• Like 6

I thought you had more common sence ? yes a park where anybody can be playing.

What in the middle of the night ? :blink: Darcy has been a complete idiot but get a grip .

People like you make me sick :mad: so he is to be excused simple because he is the best around on a bike for all the problems he gets himself into.

I thought you had more common sence ? yes a park where anybody can be playing. The 50cc pit bikes you buy are very quick indeed and around 150kg hitting anything or person at 50mph will cause major injuries.

i would agree with this....when i take my young lad to the park kids on these bikes are a huge menace and a huge danger...a park should be a safe haven to take kids and not a place for motorbikes , especially ridden by youngsters under the influence of drink or drugs...no excuse in my opinion and both my nephews are teenagers with off road bikes who go riding off road with their dad but would never dream of being loose in a park on them

• Like 1

He hasn't been convicted of any crime in this country and he is still a better rider than 99% of his opponents.

If I make some of you wimps sick......well tough! Hope he wins plenty this season.

• Like 2

Darcy has been given his punishment over in Aus for what he did.

As for being a kid, everyone has a kid inside them, however old we are, even at 46 ;)

I'm not condoning Darcy's behaviour in any way but he has been dealt with over his misdemeanours here and in Aus and I really, really hope that he keeps out of any more trouble for the foreseeable future, I would hate to see him throw it all away.

In the speedway world 2013 I'm just gonna enjoy his racing :)

• Like 1

He hasn't been convicted of any crime in this country

So if he'd murdered someone in Australia, it would still be okay for him to ride in the UK? :blink:

As I said, it was hardly the crime of the century, but can imagine what the tabloids would say if it had just been some illegal immigrant etc...

• Like 1

Although Humphrey, we only have Darcy's word for that don't we?

The initial report painted a slightly different picture, in that he was initially on the road, and only headed into the parkland when the police arrived.

Although Humphrey, we only have Darcy's word for that don't we?

The initial report painted a slightly different picture, in that he was initially on the road, and only headed into the parkland when the police arrived.

why would he lie about where he was riding a bike he's admitted it and been convicted of it anyways! Like he said he didn't have to tell the police he'd been smoking illegal substances he chose to do so.