British Speedway Forum
speedibee

Darcy Showing What A Pro He Is Again

Those of you wishing to brush off Darcy Ward's latest misdemeanour as a harmless, silly prank may wish to read the findings of the inquest into the tragic death of cricketer Tom Maynard. High on drugs and alcohol, fleeing from police......you know the rest.

Ward in his current state is an accident waiting to happen. For once, Matt Ford is spot on - the lad needs help! Those trivialising this latest incident (including his team manager!?) are doing him no favours whatsoever.

I TAKE your point and agree but Tom Maynard was, according to his inquest, taking cocaine every day along with ecstasy and was nearly four-times over the drink drive limit on the night of his death.

I TAKE your point and agree but Tom Maynard was, according to his inquest, taking cocaine every day along with ecstasy and was nearly four-times over the drink drive limit on the night of his death.

And as we know Darcy only took a wee puff on that one spliff that one time ever......

Edited by salty
  • Like 1

And as we know Darcy only took a wee puff on that one spliff that one time ever......

...and wasn't prosecuted or convicted for it!!

Those of you wishing to brush off Darcy Ward's latest misdemeanour as a harmless, silly prank may wish to read the findings of the inquest into the tragic death of cricketer Tom Maynard. High on drugs and alcohol, fleeing from police......you know the rest.

Ward in his current state is an accident waiting to happen. For once, Matt Ford is spot on - the lad needs help! Those trivialising this latest incident (including his team manager!?) are doing him no favours whatsoever.

It wasn't a harmless, silly prank it was bloody stupid but he isn't exactly Motley Crue or Keef Richards.

You are a bit over the top here Barney with your 'accident waiting to happen' analogy.

And surely you did daft things in your life?

If not you have my sympathies for a pretty mundane existence.

Me I am nearly 60 and have never had an addiction for drugs or alcohol but have used both ,sometimes copiously, never been in trouble with the law or even involved in a fight but still have done plenty of mental things and have spent my working life in charge of people and machinery but I am still as daft as I was 40 years ago.

It's called living!

Darcy deserves a kick up the arce and got a good kicking for his crimes back in Swindon that he probably deserved.

But that does not mean because he had a few tokes on a doobie and ran away from the cops on a kiddie bike that he is going to become a dangerous monster.

Edited by pandorum

But that does not mean because he had a few tokes on a doobie and ran away from the cops on a kiddie bike that he is going to become a dangerous monster.

And unless people start telling him to a face what a stupid prat he is, rather than contuining to blindy defend him, he will more likely keep doing stupid things like this and next time, it may not end so harmlessly.

• Like 1

Agreed, but as we know, it's a slippery slope for an immature young man with money to burn and no-one to keep him on the straight and narrow.

• Like 1

And unless people start telling him to a face what a stupid prat he is, rather than contuining to blindy defend him, he will more likely keep doing stupid things like this and next time, it may not end so harmlessly.

What nonsense.

You can't possibly know this.

I know loads of people who had upbringings that would make you shiver and who were hard people living very hard lives but the vast majority of them are perfectly decent people who dragged themselves out of the gutter and became better than people thought they would.

I also know people who were the antithesis of that coming from well off backgrounds who never did anything crazy or got into trouble when younger and I would not trust them with the contents of my bin bag.

You make it sound as if he will become a serial killer if not led down a better path by someone imbued with Christian values.

But Christian values were nicked from the pagans and passed off as thier own. So I would not care to be preached to by someone like that.

The point I am making is that Christians were passed off as good and pagans as bad but it was never quite as simple as that.

Darcy Ward is a scroat but he may well become something better as he grows up.

His crime which has generated this thread was hardly worthy of a telling off and he seems to have gotten that.

He is a daft kid and deserves a kick up the arce for what he did.

But he isn't the antichrist he is just a very naughty boy.

• Like 2

Pandorum,

His crime, which you claim was hardly worthy of a telling off, has been viewed quite differently by the courts. In fact it was made clear he was very fortunate to escape with just a fine.

Matt Ford, who knows Darcy a darn sight better than you believes there are issues that need addressing. That should be more than enough for anyone. You do the lad no favors by constantly dragging it back up again.

Let Ford and others that Darcy is close too give the advice that is necessary to keep him on track. Let's hope he listens to them and not the sort of council which you would provide which would greatly increase the chances of him throwing away his career.

Personally, I think he will learn from this and look forward to him in the GP this year.. if we get to see it :)

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

It wasn't a harmless, silly prank it was bloody stupid but he isn't exactly Motley Crue or Keef Richards.

You are a bit over the top here Barney with your 'accident waiting to happen' analogy.

And surely you did daft things in your life?

If not you have my sympathies for a pretty mundane existence.

Me I am nearly 60 and have never had an addiction for drugs or alcohol but have used both ,sometimes copiously, never been in trouble with the law or even involved in a fight but still have done plenty of mental things and have spent my working life in charge of people and machinery but I am still as daft as I was 40 years ago.

It's called living!

Darcy deserves a kick up the arce and got a good kicking for his crimes back in Swindon that he probably deserved.

Is that a serious comment on Darcy are you just trying to tell us what a "lad " you are ?

Dont remember Darc the Arce committing any crimes ere in Swindonia?

Being a Surrey fan from souf london i was shocked at Tom's death...but its been rumoured there's a drugs and drink culture at The Oval. Bit different from the days of Edrich and Barrington!

Just on the way to the Vatican via Heathrow and passed the prodigal son returning.

Just on the way to the Vatican via Heathrow and passed the prodigal son returning.

Why is an Anglican Bishop going to the Vatican? Are they that desperate for a new Pope?
  • Like 1

sorry pandorum you are way off the mark....just because he was in the out back on a moped doped up and drunk dont make him a monster true, but in this country driving a big van on a motorway doped up and drunk makes him very frightening indeed...dont think he will just do stuff like that in his own time in aus, he obviously thinks hes very clever as do you and wont limit himself to the little indiscrestion, dope is a gateway drug to bigger stuff mate and nobody except other users think its cool to use it ...grow up.

sorry pandorum you are way off the mark....just because he was in the out back on a moped doped up and drunk dont make him a monster true, but in this country driving a big van on a motorway doped up and drunk makes him very frightening indeed...dont think he will just do stuff like that in his own time in aus, he obviously thinks hes very clever as do you and wont limit himself to the little indiscrestion, dope is a gateway drug to bigger stuff mate and nobody except other users think its cool to use it ...grow up.

So far as I know there is no evidence that he has or ever will drive a van on the motorway under the influence of drink and drugs. I have never been into the drug thing at all but know plenty of people who did/ do dope on a regular basis without ever going on to bigger stuff. I would have thought growing up would include realising others are entitled to an opinion even if it isn't the same as yours!

As far as I am concerned what was reported from the court last year makes this pale into insignificance even given that he was found innocent. That really was distasteful while this latest episode is hardly crime of the century. He is still young and imo an ar****le but plenty of people manage to put their lives in order as they mature and lets hope he has the right people around him to help him with that.

• Like 2

Why is an Anglican Bishop going to the Vatican? Are they that desperate for a new Pope?

No invited to the retirement party

• Like 2