British Speedway Forum
speedibee

Darcy Showing What A Pro He Is Again

I wonder why the news reporter didn't ring Matt Ford, the Club owner, in the first instance?? After all it wasn,t anything that happened on the track or as part of the Team GB set-up, or was anything directly to do with Middlo.

If the question from the reporter went something along the lines of "What do you think about DW being arrested in the early hours riding his bike in a local park?" then Middlo's comments could well have been similar to those attributed to him?! Especially if he wasn't aware of everything said in court at that time?!

If, buts and bollocks.

But the journalist at the Bournemouth Evening Echo stand by their comment... and I thought that meant it wasn't a mis-quote...

Does not mean much that they are sticking by their quote, can still be misquote. Some crappy backwater local newspaper in North Wales misquoted me last week in a work related comment, and depsite pointing out the fact they had totally misquoted me they stand by their article.

In my case, I am not losing much sleep over it, but I have filled a PCC complaint, not that those useless morons ever do much.

But the point is, I can now easily believe how a newspaper can write total rubbish, and make it out to be total truth.

Edited by TheReturn
  • Like 1

Bournemouth Evening Echo has a circulation of over 30,000. It's not a crappy local paper...

Middleditch has done nothing about the quote. I presume the Echo quoted both Ford and Middleditch because their views were so different - or are we to assume that Ford was misquoted too...

Bournemouth Evening Echo has a circulation of over 30,000. It's not a crappy local paper...

I never said it was.

I thought only school kids said that, . What did Neil say then, sniff dribble :lol: Neil says he was misquoted, thats good enough for me and most on here, that should be good enough for you, but obviously not... Give it up, its old news now.

No it wasn't good enough for most on here at all as the thread clearly shows.

By the way, misquoted doesn't mean he didn't say it. In fact, the more sensible posters (skidder for example) don't argue against the fact that he DID say it. Where the grey area lies is in what context and in relation to what question did he say it. However you address it, it wasn't a clever thing to say, but 'perhaps' looks worse in the way it was portrayed in the Echo.

I wonder why the news reporter didn't ring Matt Ford, the Club owner, in the first instance?? After all it wasn,t anything that happened on the track or as part of the Team GB set-up, or was anything directly to do with Middlo.

If the question from the reporter went something along the lines of "What do you think about DW being arrested in the early hours riding his bike in a local park?" then Middlo's comments could well have been similar to those attributed to him?! Especially if he wasn't aware of everything said in court at that time?!

Precisely Skidder.

This is the sensible answer, are you reading Starman? Not complete denial that Middleditch ever said it.

• Like 3

So why didn't Middlo say "It wasn't anything that happened on the track or as part of the Team GB set-up or anything directly to do with me, so I can't comment".

Clearly he thought it was his place to comment.

Erm perhaps it's because Darcy lives with Middlo whilst over here, personal relationship and all that, of course they were gonna ring him and of course he was gonna reply, be it the right reply or wrong reply!!

• Like 1

Someone needs to have a word with the start marshall, this thread seems to have completed more than 4 laps of the same & it's still continuing

Darcy is here, will ride GP's, EL etc so it's end of story

Someone needs to have a word with the start marshall, this thread seems to have completed more than 4 laps of the same & it's still continuing

Darcy is here, will ride GP's, EL etc so it's end of story

It is yet to be seen if its the end of the behavour however.

And when he has been allowed in New Zealand can we say its time to move on.

No it wasn't good enough for most on here at all as the thread clearly shows.

Tough...

If, buts and bollocks.

I think that was actually what Middlo said to the Echo reporter, but it was misquoted!!! :D

• Like 3

Can`t wait for the next episode !!!! Hope its something really spicy...

Edited by dornier

Can`t wait for the next episode !!!! Hope its something really spicey...

like attacking your baldy landlord with a lamb bhuna or summit??

• Like 1

Can`t wait for the next episode !!!! Hope its something really spicey...

Or spicy even.