British Speedway Forum
speedibee

Darcy Showing What A Pro He Is Again

I see Darcy was on his usual form tonight. :-)

Good to see the Poole Train pulling out of monmore with the booty.. Start as we mean to go on... :rofl:

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm if there was a dope test after the meeting? :blink:

• Like 3

To add to george.ms post, while some are loving Darcys "downfall" some of us do actually care about him as a person and a speedway rider. I love watching Darcy Ward ride race a speedway bike. There is genuine anticipation when he is sat at the start line for me like so few other riders have ever managed to achieve, every time I watch Darcy I think, "did he do that?" or "how did he do that" so when I'm have a moan and a bitch it's because in part I don't want to see him throw everything away, I wnat to continue to be wowed by Darcys freakish abilities on a speedway bike for another 20 years.

Spot on SCB great post, and as a speedway fan believe most people feel that way.
  • Like 1

How many of them get pissed up and run from the police on a bike though? :D

Well said, whilst some STILL feel a need to defend. :neutral:

Well said, whilst some STILL feel a need to defend. :neutral:

If i was defending him id of said what he done was acceptable. It wasnt but some of the reactions are unbelievable.

Bournemouth Evening Echo has a circulation of over 30,000. It's not a crappy local paper...

Middleditch has done nothing about the quote. I presume the Echo quoted both Ford and Middleditch because their views were so different - or are we to assume that Ford was misquoted too...

30,000? Wow!!

Yes Rock Stars like Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Keith Moon, Keith Richards etc etc etc have all been known for drink, drugs and many other things they shouldn't be doing .... but isnt that being a Rock Star ?

What anyone does in their life in the privacy of their own home or hotel is up to them as they only people they are going to hurt is themselves. ... taking it onto the roads is another matter when people going about their daily routine in public can be put in danger.

That said, Well Done Darcy on not just turning up for Fredrik Lindgren's testimonial, but also winning it virtually without breaking sweat on Davey Watt's bike. An incredible talent on the track and hopefully learning his trade off it too now !!

How about, as i stated, letting off fireworks in hotel rooms which could set a full hotel on fire and have potentially devastating results... Their in the public eye, passing it off as being a rockstar doesnt wash... Their breaking the law and setting a bad example just as ward done but their doing it on a larger scale.

How many times have you seen a "rockstar" done for drink driving? In normal hours as well!

I am not condoning what ward done it was very silly but far more famous people have done a lot worse than what he done

http://www.popcrunch.com/busted-100-celebrities-arrested-for-drug-possession/

Read some of them stories. Far worse.

Yes, but he managed to still text the scores to 'updates'!! :D

• Like 2

So, what was the reception like?

He was booed as the riders were announced before the meeting even began. A minibus of girls from his fan club must have turned up late though because by the time he won it there were a mix of boos and cheers.

He was booed as the riders were announced before the meeting even began. A minibus of girls from his fan club must have turned up late though because by the time he won it there were a mix of boos and cheers.

Very surprised there were that many forum members in attendance??!! :P

I can confirm that Ward was tested and yes he is a dope.

• Like 3