British Speedway Forum
speedibee

Darcy Showing What A Pro He Is Again

Tbf, i dont have a huge issue with a rider taking recreational drugs in the off season per se.

However, given the nz gp is a month away, and i believe cannabis stays in the system for a couple of months,it would mean he would be highly likely to fail a drugs test if tested.

The main concern to me is thst he was fleeing the police and riding a bike while wasted, endangering not just his own life but that of others.

One other thought: kelly moran is one of the most.popular riders of all time, yet allegedly rode speedway on occasion while so pissed he could barely stand, clearly endangering other riders. why the difference in attitude towards him and darcy - is it about different eras, or is it because kelly was a genuinely nice guy and darcy seems to be an utter twit?

As it his commonplace to point out spelling mistakes on this forum I thought I'd highlight this one ! :P

• Like 6

so are you condoning this or what?? Or are you waiting for shovvy to give you your press release??

In what way is he condoning it? Don't you comprehend irony?

I am sure it has but why would the Bournemouth Echo do that ? If it was a red top I can understand but the Echo get great mileage out of the speedway down there and therefore it would be a surprise if they have twisted the words

It will of course also be interesting to see what view the authorities have of a conviction of this sort and whether entry to the UK is permitted. I suspect if it was the other way round the Australian authorities would be reluctant to let a Brot in. And before anyone comments, it matters not whether he is a speedway rider, politician or a bricklayer, he should be treated the same. He surely must be in last chance saloon though

I agree Chris. I personally doubt that Middlo has been misquoted. I'm struggling to think of any context where what he said would be anything other than daft at best, unbelievably stupid at worst. As you say there is no reason for the Echo, which is nothing but glowing at everything Poole Speedway, would try and make mischief. More likely is that that Lord Ford read the comments, was not happy, which led to the predictable 'I was misquoted' angle (a catch-all excuse after caught saying something stupid beloved of politicians the world over).

• Like 3

That seems a considered and well thought out response.

As for Middlo, his default position is to defend his riders, so if he was put on the spot by a reporter I'm tempted to give him the benefit of the doubt.

How long before someone says he was fitted up ? the policeman was an expat Cov fan . Shovlar about ?

• Like 1

Middleditches comments need clarifying. The more I think about it, the more I am sure that we are missing the context of the quote. I strongly suspect he was answering in relation to Darcy drinking/taking drugs and not the wider incident. He may well have gone on to mention that but the newspaper only chose one excerpt of what he said.

Poole/Middleditch would be wise to make a statement tomorrow to clarify the situation and if its done correctly put it to bed and save his job.

A good point but all the more reason why Poole should have released an official press release through their website which everyone could check, and referred the Echo to it, instead of letting Muddlemouth go blabbing off. People would understand if Muddlo simply answered no comment and let his boss do the talking. Another statement would be damage limitation but still be bolting the stable door too late.

Another famous Australian rider and World Champion, Bluey Wilkinson died in a road accident as a result of the negligence of another driver. One wonders what reaction we had from Middleditch if Ward, heaven forbid, had been on the receiving end of a crash caused by someone else under the influence of drink/drugs. I doubt that he would be saying its ok because everybody does it.

Very ill considered comments by Middleditch and if Ford has any backbone he should publicly disassociate himself from Middleditch's comments.

• Like 5

Darcy bending the truth to suit himself as usual

Darcy bending the truth to suit himself as usual

Wern't me guv, honest!!!

Makes Crumpy and Holder look like choirboys,

Yep very good from Ford, and quite rightly shows there is concern for the mental state of Ward.

People sticking up for Ward and berating others for having a go at him will do the lad no good whatsoever, it will only add to what is potentially a bloated ego and by sticking up for him whatever the situation could end up with his behaviour getting worse.

I was also pleased to see Holder not jump straight in and defend him.

It also seems very odd that Middleditch is claiming a misquote from a paper which in the past been a very good supporter of Poole Speedway.

• Like 1

middlo i believe.

I remember him posting stuff after the World cup a couple of years ago.

I've asked him on Twitter as I expect he would check that more often than here.

I don't expect any kind of reply however.

this story now has a different spin on it now doesn't it!

http://www.speedwayg...aits-on-uk-visa

Had he got his visa before the court case would it have been taken into account? I have little knowledge of rules re visa applications so please don't read anything into my question except to expand my knowledge.