British Speedway Forum
speedibee

Darcy Showing What A Pro He Is Again

Hahaha this news is some of the best I've read! Love to see Darcy fail and Middleditch prove himself as an absolute di*khead! It's actually made my day, I'm such a saddo

i think he'll get a visa for nz no problem and for the other gps too. cant say i agree with banning him from the sport- i'd think the extra spare time would make him more vulnerable to drink/drugs not less.far better, imho, for a mentor such as jason crump or even mike lee to take him on board and try to guide him through tge next couple of years.

He needs to be banned and left to make the right or wrong choice of where he wants his life to go, I think he is a complete village idiot, but I also think its a positive step letting people with learning difficulties ride in the GP's ;)

Hahaha this news is some of the best I've read! Love to see Darcy fail and Middleditch prove himself as an absolute di*khead! It's actually made my day, I'm such a saddo

He needs to be banned and left to make the right or wrong choice of where he wants his life to go, I think he is a complete village idiot, but I also think its a positive step letting people with learning difficulties ride in the GP's ;)

They also let them on the internet I see...

• Like 8

No, although Darcy is very talented rider, he'll never become a World Champion. His attitude is always wrong..... Probably, selling Darcy was the best work Buster has ever done......

Some said the same of Chris Holder. No such thing as never.

this story now has a different spin on it now doesn't it!

http://www.speedwayg...aits-on-uk-visa

All a cover up obviously.

Darcy bending the truth to suit himself as usual

like we would expect anything else from the loose cannon.

See that the link below gives the kind of response we would expect. A travesty Middlo hasnt admitted the ridiculous quote was either out of order or back it up.

He needs to because whilst the story (below) gives a better flavour the previous crass comment needs addressing asap.

http://www.bournemou...says_boss_Ford/

Edited by stevebrum

They also let them on the internet I see...

Ooooooh very witty ;)

WE can talk all day long about bans and punishment but if Ward is to save his career, and that appears to be a big if at present, as Matt Ford says he needs professional help. First and foremost, however, he needs to admit he has a major problem, especially with drink.

Until Darcy faces that head on all the rest is immaterial.

It is unlikely he has ever heard of Paul Gascoigne but making him aware of how other top sportsman have seen their careers shredded and ruined and then their lives destroyed might provide the wake-up call he so desperately needs. At his age kids think they are indestructible. There were other occasions last year when his behaviour, fuelled by alcohol, could have sent him over the edge.

A ban might be applicable but it wont solve the problem. Can you imagine what he would do with all that spare time. Matt Ford has got it right but, as the old saying goes, you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink.

• Like 4

Mr Rising, do you not think it is of interest to the Speedway Star to investigate the comments attributed to the National Team Manager?

At the very least to give him a chance to tell his side of the story, as the current picture does not portray him very well.

Mr Rising, do you not think it is of interest to the Speedway Star to investigate the comments attributed to the National Team Manager?

At the very least to give him a chance to tell his side of the story, as the current picture does not portray him very well.

I AM not sure what you mean by investigate. Personally, I think Neil was very silly and wrong to say what he did. He will have to live with that. Whether or not it affects his role as British team manager remains to be seen.

I would much rather concentrate on what Matt Ford said but how he deals with someone who probably spends more time out of the UK than in it is the big question. Anyone who has been to Poland and Torun in particular knows how young speedway riders are feted and idolised with temptation in various guises around every corner.

As I say, at the end of the day the only person who can resolve this is Darcy himself. But that isn't easy.

I was a soccer scribe during the days when Gorge Best was at his peak. I saw him help win the European Cup for Manchester United at Wembley in 1968. But then I also saw him as a desolate and lonely figure sitting in a Surbiton pub, just a few hundred yards from our office, in his latter days. It was so, so sad.

• Like 4

WE can talk all day long about bans and punishment but if Ward is to save his career, and that appears to be a big if at present, as Matt Ford says he needs professional help. First and foremost, however, he needs to admit he has a major problem, especially with drink.

Until Darcy faces that head on all the rest is immaterial.

It is unlikely he has ever heard of Paul Gascoigne but making him aware of how other top sportsman have seen their careers shredded and ruined and then their lives destroyed might provide the wake-up call he so desperately needs. At his age kids think they are indestructible. There were other occasions last year when his behaviour, fuelled by alcohol, could have sent him over the edge.

A ban might be applicable but it wont solve the problem. Can you imagine what he would do with all that spare time. Matt Ford has got it right but, as the old saying goes, you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink.

I think this is all spot on.

I know it is always said that before people with 'a problem' can deal with it, they first have to acknowledge that they have one.

But this will prove very very difficult with a headstrong man who is having a great time.

I just don't think that anything that has happened so far will have penetrated one inch.

A court case, or two, a visa problem, some bad publicity.... they will all be overcome and I bet he goes back to feeling fireproof again.

Last year's 'wake up call' seems to have been slept through.

I fear that this young man will have to suffer a damn sight more real pain himself before he genuinely takes the true steps needed to sort himself out.

As Mr Rising said, Matt Ford only has limited influence as the UK is just a small part of Darcy's life .... But is there someone who'll help him get to the straight and narrow?

• Like 1

A ban might not solve the problem as Phil Rising says,but it might help towards solving the problem.Somehow he needs a shake up and quick before it is too late.For him and who knows who else will get caught up in this downward spiral.Funnily enough another rider associated with Poole,Antonio Lindbäck did get himself(as far as i can tell)back on the right path.He took a step back from the limelight and almost started again from scratch.I can't see Darcy keeping his feet on the ground if he manages in the next few months to win a GP,which isn't impossible

Middlo admitted he was mis-quoted.

Don't see why this has made 9 pages, Seems to me that people just wanted to have a go at Middlo and used a mis-quoted quote from a dodgy newspaper as cover in order to hide themselves from their own agenda which is "I hate Poole and I hate Darcy Ward"

Edit: Ward's side of the story.

"I talked to Darcy about an hour.He was so disgusted that the matter is heated, which operates a big time ago, Did not run away from the police, and stopped immediately working with her, It's true that he drank a small amount of alcohol but no drugs were involved"

Ward told Sportowefakty pl zuzel.

And how do we know you're not making that up to protect your precious pirates? I will wait for Darcy's own statement on Twitter (which he had promised in an earlier tweet)

And with regards to your moaning about people starting this thread with an anti Poole agenda, i think you need to take your blinkers off. Why should this news story not be discussed, simply because it involves a Poole rider? Are they some kind of protected species or something?

• Like 1

Darcy needs a 12 month break and a ban would do him good in the long run. Antonio Lindback realised he was having problems and went away for a time and with help came back better than ever. ..... Darcy needs this time to get the help required and I'm sure there are enough ex sports personalities in Australia that could help him.

Sadly if Darcy does get replaced then it may mean no team place for Howarth at reserve and they move in for the Pawlicki brothers !

I am sure it has but why would the Bournemouth Echo do that ?

Because it sells papers. Just like the crappy Nationals.... Duh..

Darcy bending the truth to suit himself as usual

Maybe he was just "misquoted"

I'm sure it's quite possible that Darcy said "I got caught fleeing from the police on an uninsured motorbike whilst high on pot and drink, and now the court has my passport", but he got misquoted as saying "I spilt some of my ribena on my passport, so i thought I'd better send for a nice new clean one"

Edited by John Leslie
  • Like 2

Because it sells papers. Just like the crappy Nationals.... Duh..

If they could just make up any old guff (like you seem to think), then surely anybody could be a journo?

They are obligated - by law - to report fact, anything that isn't fact has to be amended and apologies / damages made out to the wronged person.

The Bournemouth Echo insist that they stand by the article and that the reporter still has the notes taken from the interview, it's over to Middleditch now.